Tetanus Question - Mothering Forums

1Likes
  • 1 Post By 95191

#1 of 2 Old 07-04-2016, 11:20 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Tetanus Question

Wasn't sure where to post this. Today we took our 2 yo unvaccinated little one to a farm /petting zoo. She tripped and fell before I could catch her and got a rock in her hand. It definitely had "dirt" in it. We rinsed with water, then alcohol sanitizer, then water, it bleed just a little and then covered with a bandaid on until we got to first aid. Later it antibiotic ointment was applied with a bandage. Then when we got home I did soap and water and then peroxide. I'm now terrified about tetanus. I personally had a reaction to tdap as a child (they actually stopped giving me any vaccines until I was much older... And then did the one without Pertussis) and one reason we haven't given any vaccines so far. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 07-04-2016, 03:46 PM

Mentioned: 115 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1433 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretyflowr View Post
Wasn't sure where to post this. Today we took our 2 yo unvaccinated little one to a farm /petting zoo. She tripped and fell before I could catch her and got a rock in her hand. It definitely had "dirt" in it. We rinsed with water, then alcohol sanitizer, then water, it bleed just a little and then covered with a bandaid on until we got to first aid. Later it antibiotic ointment was applied with a bandage. Then when we got home I did soap and water and then peroxide. I'm now terrified about tetanus. I personally had a reaction to tdap as a child (they actually stopped giving me any vaccines until I was much older... And then did the one without Pertussis) and one reason we haven't given any vaccines so far. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
There is also a whole section on mothering about vaccines where you can ask questions like this as well, you may want to ask in that section too.

Here - https://www.mothering.com/forum/47-vaccinations/ a section for those who vaccinate, those who delay or are selective and those who do none, plus a general sections too.
applejuice likes this.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page