Anger in baby? - Mothering Forums

#1 of 1 Old 03-16-2016, 02:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anger in baby?

I am very concerned about the amount of anger I see in my granddaughter who is only just turning 1. I raised 3 children and it just does not seem normal the anger that this baby exhibits. That combined with recent rocking behavior which appears to take the form of privates stimulus, since I am accustomed to children rocking with music, but with my granddaughter this behavior seems to coincide with her anger. It is behavior that seems to have begun right after she was left in the care of her other grandmother. How do you know if a baby has been, or is being, sexually stimulated? I don't like thinking these thoughts, but the anger just doesn't seem normal. I am afraid that my grandchild may be experiencing a great deal of mental confusion that is causing her anger.
I know that tantrums are normal for toddlers, but in an under 1?

Note: She started having a fascination with touching herself during diaper changes, which had not existed before she was left in the care of the other grandmother. I also had occasion to observe an interaction between the two which was very strange and it still haunts me. I can only describe my granddaughter as looking shell-shocked... like she was anticipating/dreading ? something. Usually a wiggly, squirmy, vibrant baby, she lay perfectly still during the diaper change her other grandmother was giving her... never taking her eyes off of her. Nothing about it felt normal.

Last edited by Wisdom; 03-16-2016 at 02:29 PM.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page