Desperate for a Traveling HBAC Midwife to Attend a Birth In New Jersey - Mothering Forums

#1 of 1 Old 12-11-2015, 10:16 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Desperate for a Traveling HBAC Midwife to Attend a Birth In New Jersey

I am currently living in NJ where the C-section rate is over 40% and getting a vbac in a hospital that my insurance covers is difficult. Also, finding a VBAC friendly provider is either very hard and if you do find one there are many restrictions put on you. I have some midwife groups that work out of a hospital, but again there are restrictions, including getting an "ok" from a perinatologist which I cannot get. Even though I have had a prior hbac in Florida, I cannot get my own current OB to give me a referral to one and the one that I did ask pretty much thought having a vbac was nuts, even in the hospital. No one in NY, Pa or NJ will except me as a client due to laws.
I am just looking for a credible traveling midwife who would come to my home when I am starting labor and just be there to assess me for a reasonable price. My husband mentioned doing a ubac due to the restrictions here, but I would rather have a midwife who will at least monitor me. I have been searching vbac, ubac and hbac since my 2005 C-section, so I am very informed by the risks etc.

Any info would be great. TIA

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page