Recc's for hospital midwife in MetroWest Massachusetts? - Mothering Forums

#1 of 2 Old 06-12-2016, 12:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Recc's for hospital midwife in MetroWest Massachusetts?

Hi all! I'm new to this site so I hope I'm posting this in the right place. My family is soon to be moving to Mass. (probably close to Natick), and I'm 20 weeks pregnant with my second. My first was delivered by lovely CNMs out here in California (by a practice that has just a 4% c-section rate), and I'm hoping to find something similar in Mass. Homebirth is not an option because I'm anemic. I'm also a little concerned about travel distances because my mother had precipitous labor with her 2nd baby. So, I'm considering as far as Cambridge but I'd love it if I could find the right midwife/practice somewhere closer like Newton-Wellesley (but N-W's 30%+ c-section rates are putting me off). Any advice/experiences so welcomed, and thank you!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 06-12-2016, 05:46 PM

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 173 Post(s)
We had a good experience with AMA at Emerson. I had a VBAC delivered by Emily Bearse, one of their CNMs. They have a mix of midwives and OBs, so it can be luck of the draw on delivery day.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page