The Best of Mothering Seals Have Been Announced!
Mothering would like to congratulate the creators of the following products, who have been voted as "best of" in their respective categories by the Mothering community. Each company will be awarded a Mothering Seal in recognition of the positive impact their products have had on Mothering's discerning families. Find out more about the Best of Mothering, read product reviews, and share your own favorite products.
Winners of the Best of Mothering Seals
Voted by the Mothering community to be the best products in their respective categories.
- Babywearing: Beco Butterfly: Beco was started in 2005 by a babywearing parent and athlete who wanted a baby carrier with perfect ergonomics, excellent weight distribution and stylish design. Each carrier is handmade by a skilled seamstress. The Butterfly line has an organic cotton shell and a colorful design with birds on a black background and espresso brown straps. $140.00
- Homeschooling: Oak Meadow Curriculum and School: Discover the joy of homeschooling! Oak Meadow blends academic excellence with an engaging, creative approach to educating the whole child. Students not only read, write and reflect, but also paint, draw, play music, write poetry and build things. Explore a full range of PreK-8th grade options at www.oakmeadow.com.
- Co-Sleeping: Arm's Reach Mini Co-sleeper: The Arm’s Reach CO-SLEEPER brand was designed by a father. The Mini bassinet is portable and converts from a freestanding bassinet to CO-SLEEPER brand bassinet. The Mini was created to accommodate smaller spaces. Two caster wheels make it easier to move around the house. Only for infants. $154 to $160
- Breastfeeding: PumpEase Organic Hands Free Pumping Support: The only organic hands-free pumping bra on the market. Fits moms from 32AA to 48H and guaranteed to work with any breast pump. Made of custom-milled, unbleached and un-dyed knit fabric (90% certified organic cotton and 10% spandex jersey knit). $42
- Nutrition & Good Eating: Laptop Lunches: Two moms developed this lunch system that is convenient, economical and appealing to kids. Laptop lunches are lead-free, BPA-free, eco-friendly bento style lunch boxes perfect for kids and adults - for school, work, and travel. Exterior fabric is made from 100% post consumer recycled polypropylene material. $40 and up
- Cloth Diapering: bumGenius: bumGenius is a diapering system available in the Elemental (one-size all-in-one made with organic cotton), the Freetime (all-in-one, one-size diaper with two inserts), the 4.0 Stay Dry Diaper (one-Size with insert) and the Newborn. You can trade in or buy used diapers. $12.95 to $24.95
- Natural Health Care: WellFuture's Vaccishield: Created by a naturopathic physician and new mom, VacciShield's unique blend of non-dairy probiotics, vitamins, minerals and an amino acid is backed by current research showing how the ingredients in VacciShield support healthy immune, brain, gastrointestinal and detoxification function during vaccination. $26.99
- Personal Care for Baby: Lusa Organics Booty Balm: Booty Balm is a popular and versatile product that can be used for diaper rash, cuts, scrapes, drool rash, windburn, or sunburn. Contains organic olive oil, jojoba oil, beeswax, avocado oil, and other organic or natural ingredients. $7.75 per 1.75-ounce tin
- Pregnancy & Birth: Lunapads Postpartum Kit: 100% cotton flannel menstrual pads specially designed for postpartum use and heavy menstrual flow. Kit includes 1 Heavy Pad with 1 Heavy Wing Liner and 2 Trifold Liners plus 1 Long Pad with 1 Long Basic Liner and 2 Long Wing Liners. $62.96
- Arts & Crafts: Nature's Fabrics Bamboo Velour: 70% bamboo, 28% Organic Cotton and 2% Polyester. 60 inches wide and 14 ounces per yard. The bamboo velour is a natural, undyed cream color perfect for dyeing. $14.28
- Personal Care for Mom: Lunapads Starter Kit: Washable, reusable cloth menstrual pads. 100% cotton flannel base topped with an absorbent panel made of cotton fleece, and one layer of ultra-thin nylon. Includes 2 Mini Pads and 2 Maxi Pads with Liners and Wing Liners. $70.14
- Combination Car Seat: Britax Frontier: Features include True Side Impact Protection, Highest Five-Point Harness Safety Capacity, Quick-Adjust, and No-Rethread Harness. Forward Facing and Booster. Harness-2-Booster converts to a belt-positioning booster seat. $299.99
- Convertible Car Seat: First place tie.
- Britax Marathon: Safety capacity up to 65 pounds. For babies and toddlers. Features include Energy-Absorbing Versa-Tether, Harness Ultra Guard System, and Energy-Absorbing Foam Liner. $279.99
- The First Years True Fit/True Fit Premier: For use with children 5 to 65 pounds and up to 50” tall. Five-star Ease of Use rating from the National Highway Transportation Administration. Features the Rebound Energy Management, removable headrest and easy adjust, no thread harness. $250
- Infant Car Seat: Chicco KeyFit 30: For babies from 4 to 30 pounds. Removable newborn insert for smaller babies. Easy to install. Features include thickly cushioned seat, five-point safety harness, and energy-absorbing foam. $140
- Booster Seat: First place tie.
- Graco Highback Turbobooster: For children 30 to 100 pounds. Stylish and comfortable, the armrests are height adjustable. Quickly converts to a backless booster. $69.99
Britax Parkway SG/SGL: Forward facing belt-positioning booster seat for children 40 to 120 pounds. Features include True Side Impact Protection, Quick-Adjust Head Restraint, and SecureGuard. $119.99