My Story... - Mothering Forums

#1 of 3 Old 10-08-2014, 03:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Story...

Hi I just feel like telling my story and hope to maybe connect with others this way.

Well, I went the full 40 weeks with my first, maybe only. I was induced two days after. My body was just not getting the message but her head was very low. I was trying for a vaginal birth, I had an epidural and it was great! The first part of labor was not bad. It was just very uncomfortable, like bad period cramps. I was going to not get the epidural as I wanted to be able to get up and move around.

The thing was once they got me going I was hooked up to so many things, moving was just not worth the trouble. I honestly believe that if I could have moved around I wouldn't have had the epidural.

OK, once I got the epidural I spend the last 10 or so hours thinking to myself "wasn't this meant to be painful". I felt nothing, I was luck that it took well. Anyways, by the time it came to push I pushed for about an hour. I had been fully dilated and 100% for over 3-4 hours. By then I just wanted her out. Plus, I was pretty weak from not eating.

When they did the c-section they found out my pelvic bone was too narrow. The problem was that when I was pushing I had pushed a little too well. They had problems getting her head out of my pelvic bone. I had two nurses laying on my tummy and once the doctor got her out I felt that and blood just sprayed out on the blue tent thing covering my head.

Yet, she was here! She was beautiful and I was done. I'm still recovering but doing very well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 10-09-2014, 10:55 AM

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quoted: 232 Post(s)
Thanks for checking in, Arwen. The first part of my experience was very much like yours. If only I could have *moved* but they had me hooked up to a monitor, and that said I needed oxygen etc etc. I needed to lie down, not move and that all just cascaded everything. Fie on pitocin. It sucked.

So good to know that everything ended up well, and that you are here posting. Focus on that. Hopefully you won't get caught up in the whirlwind of second guessing yourself on what could have been done to change things, though we all do that to some degree. Recovery is difficult enough without all the baggage. You just had major surgery, and are going to be expected to get through the aftermath with little more than ibuprofen. (Sheesh!)

Love yourself. And .

"She is a mermaid, but approach her with caution. Her mind swims at a depth most would drown in."
#3 of 3 Old 04-17-2015, 07:55 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hope everything is ok for you !! Good Luck!!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page