• 1 Post By motherof2under2
  • 1 Post By tracyamber
  • 1 Post By katelove

#1 of 3 Old 10-08-2014, 03:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Advice for second c sec and caring for toddler after

Hello! My first was born last year via emergency c sec. Apparently I am not "shaped" right for vaginal birth and all of my subsequent pregnancies will have to be via c sec. I recovered very quickly the first time around, but I also did not have a toddler to think about. I am nervous due to the fact that I am a SAHM mom and naturally my daughter is extremely attached to me. My husband works full time and takes classes at night. I do everything from breakfast till bed. I have been trying to have my husband put her to bed on the weekends, but it usually ends with her crying so hysterically that you can hear her down the block and I intervene for the sake of sanity.
My husband is taking two weeks off and then after that I am on my own. We don't have any friends close by, they have all moved. My in laws are not close by and cannot really help even if they were. My mother lives in town, but she helps run the family business and can't take the time off.
Anyhow, given my situation what advice can you share? How long before you can lift a 21 lb toddler? She still sleeps in a crib (won't sleep any other way, took us a whole year to get her use to the idea). Any advice on getting her into the crib? I cook everything from scratch. Any great freezer and crockpot friendly meals? Any helpful tips for surviving after hubby goes back to work and you are on your own? I plan on wearing baby, because my first will still be a baby herself and need me to have free hands. Anyone know if this is possible right after c sec? Any other sanity saving advice, tips tricks, must have gear? Thank you so much for your helpful advice. I look forward to it!
applejuice likes this.

Last edited by motherof2under2; 10-10-2014 at 10:55 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 10-14-2014, 09:15 PM

Mentioned: 547 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Waiting to hear the advice you get as I am in a similar situation
applejuice likes this.
#3 of 3 Old 10-15-2014, 12:08 AM

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 264 Post(s)
You shouldn't really lift anything heavier than your baby for 6 weeks after surgery.

If she's still in nappies I'd suggest changing her on the floor.

Can you work out a way for her to climb into the cot with your help? A stool or chair maybe.

I had no problem wearing my baby from the beginning. I think it was day 4. I used the Moby once then swapped to the Beco for ease and coolness.

I spent a lot of time sitting on the floor, letting the toddler play around me.

At night we transitioned to DH putting DD1 to bed as DD2 got older. Before that we all lay down with them both as DD2 only wanted me. I think us both being there helped a lot with the transition. And she enjoyed baby-free time :-)

I had lots of freezer meals made beforehand and we were very gentle on ourselves in terms of having easy meals such as beans or eggs on toast when it all got too hard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
applejuice likes this.

Mother of two spectacular girls, born mid-2010 and late 2012  mdcblog5.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page