Post C-Sec and blood loss depression - Mothering Forums

#1 of 2 Old 03-15-2015, 02:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Post C-Sec and blood loss depression

Hi all....
I was hoping to find some people that have been through a C-Sec pregnancy and also loss of blood as my wife experienced this with our youngest child and she is still trying to come to terms with certain aspects of it.

My wife is struggling with the thought of the blood loss and the blood transfusion that followed whilst in surgery.

If anyone can share and help her please get in touch and she can communicate via this forum.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 03-23-2015, 08:20 AM

Mentioned: 151 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by shicks View Post
Hi all....
I was hoping to find some people that have been through a C-Sec pregnancy and also loss of blood as my wife experienced this with our youngest child and she is still trying to come to terms with certain aspects of it.

My wife is struggling with the thought of the blood loss and the blood transfusion that followed whilst in surgery.

If anyone can share and help her please get in touch and she can communicate via this forum.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Hello, I'm sorry to hear about your wife's traumatic experience with her section, my first section was also very traumatic I had massive blood loss from hemorrhaging and received two units of blood and was in surgery and recovery for over 5 hours while they attempted to save my life from what should have been a simple c-section. These types of experiences change us and often cause depression, fear and guilt.I am sad to say that it took me many years to over come these feelings and I still feel like I never bonded with my daughter but what did help was being open about my feeling with other so I didn't feel alone, I shared my birth story with other c-section mothers in groups like ICAN (international cesarean awareness network) where other moms supported me and understood my experience. I know it's hard but try to be gentle with each other and yourself on this healing journey and soon you will find the rainbow at the end of the road. Please feel free to message me, if you are feeling overwhelmed or in need of support. May you find healing and happiness

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page