Weird Incision Pains - Mothering Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By DungeonQueen

#1 of 4 Old 06-23-2015, 12:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Question Weird Incision Pains

Hello, I'm new here and just had a baby on the 3rd of June. She was 3 weeks early, and breech, and she decided to pop my water instead of waiting for us to schedule her to come out.

I've been feeling pretty fine until the last 2 days. For some reason I'm getting these shots of pain like someone poked me with a needle on or around the incision. Is this normal? The incision looks pretty good in the way of healing but that's just an outside look.

Anyone with similar experience?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 06-23-2015, 02:13 PM

Mentioned: 151 Post(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harliqiss View Post
Hello, I'm new here and just had a baby on the 3rd of June. She was 3 weeks early, and breech, and she decided to pop my water instead of waiting for us to schedule her to come out.

I've been feeling pretty fine until the last 2 days. For some reason I'm getting these shots of pain like someone poked me with a needle on or around the incision. Is this normal? The incision looks pretty good in the way of healing but that's just an outside look.

Anyone with similar experience?
I've had three sections but the nerve pains always happen to me, it like the nerves are waking up as my doctor described it. Sometimes they are sharp sometimes dull and achy like a pulling sensation and as the nerves heal you may get some or all feeling and sensation back in the area. I still get little twinges and my last section was 5 years ago so I wouldn't worry too much about it but if your incision starts to look red or feels hot or is oozing there maybe an infection so please follow up with your OB if that's the case. Also I found that hot and cold packs over my incision help greatly along with good support garments. I hope you feel better.
ian'smommaya likes this.

Blissfully married to the werewolf of my dreams.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mother to: 19 yo DS
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
17 yo DD
12 yo DS, 7 yo DS
and our Angels
6/14,
5/15,
7/15,
9/15,
1/16
#3 of 4 Old 06-23-2015, 02:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Thank you for that. I'll try the hot and cold compresses. It's slightly pink buti think it's because it's so new and it's quite hot here in CA right now.

#4 of 4 Old 07-13-2015, 12:04 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
It sounds pretty normal. I have had four c-sections (fifth coming up in November) and a few weeks after the first one I noticed the most discomfort after the original "ouch they cut me open". I think it is the nerves reattaching in some way. My other ones seemed to take longer to do that and weren't as persistent. My scar from my last c-section turned pink like you are saying and I thought maybe there was an issue, but it was just fine. As long as it isn't draining anymore and doesn't feel warm to the touch, I would say you are just fine!

~~~Jennifer~~~
Mama and stepmama to DSS1 (18), DSS2 (14), DSS3 in heaven, DD1 (11), DSS4 (10), DS1 (8), DD2 (2) and DS2 (1) and due November 2015!

Tags
incision , incision pain , pain

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page