• 1 Post By MeepyCat
  • 1 Post By EdanaRae
  • 1 Post By VsAngela

#1 of 6 Old 02-23-2016, 01:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
c-section scars-my battle wound

I had two c-sections, but it was my second c-section that had complications and opened up a few days later. Do to a vacuum bandage that failed to work while I was sleeping. It was an awful experience which cause me to go back to the hospital only 2 days after being released. And several trips back and forth to the doctors for infections.

I don't care about stretch marks or even a scar. But what bothers me, is that I have a small hole because it didn't close up or fill in with scar tissue.

Did anyone else go through such an ordeal, that there scar is beyond a typical surgical scar?

Does it bug you?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 02-23-2016, 01:31 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 165 Post(s)
My c-section scar is now practically invisible, thanks to assorted scars from other procedures.

On the one hand, I do feel that these are the badges of my particular journey. On the other, yeah, they do sometimes really bug me.

I absolutely qualify to have insurance pay to have some of these scars "revised," which is to say, to have someone attempt to remove them, but my experiences with surgery at this point are so traumatizing that I would need a lot more incentive than "it bugs me" to go for more.
VsAngela likes this.
#3 of 6 Old 03-04-2017, 11:01 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by VsAngela View Post
I had two c-sections, but it was my second c-section that had complications and opened up a few days later. Do to a vacuum bandage that failed to work while I was sleeping. It was an awful experience which cause me to go back to the hospital only 2 days after being released. And several trips back and forth to the doctors for infections.

I don't care about stretch marks or even a scar. But what bothers me, is that I have a small hole because it didn't close up or fill in with scar tissue.

Did anyone else go through such an ordeal, that there scar is beyond a typical surgical scar?

Does it bug you?
It must be very painful... How long do you take to recover?

#4 of 6 Old 03-09-2017, 09:38 AM - Thread Starter

It took about 4-5months before I didn't need a nurse to change a bandage for me.
#5 of 6 Old 08-03-2017, 06:07 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by VsAngela View Post

Does it bug you?
I also had that same problem with my surgical scar. But I was relieved that it was only a small hole that later on got filled with a darker pigmented scar. It IS very visually disturbing but at least it was closed and infection free. Maybe one of the reasons for this is because I am a "keloid former" this means that my scars tend to become keloidal and ugly. Just make sure that your wound is clean and not infected and eventually it will heal up.
VsAngela likes this.
#6 of 6 Old 08-08-2017, 12:42 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdanaRae View Post
I also had that same problem with my surgical scar. But I was relieved that it was only a small hole that later on got filled with a darker pigmented scar. It IS very visually disturbing but at least it was closed and infection free. Maybe one of the reasons for this is because I am a "keloid former" this means that my scars tend to become keloidal and ugly. Just make sure that your wound is clean and not infected and eventually it will heal up.
It's been almost 3 years and its healed but the small hole remains. I'm over it for sure at this point, but the ordeal gives me nightmares even today
applejuice likes this.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page