Warts! - Mothering Forums

#1 of 4 Old 09-04-2013, 08:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My 7-year-old son has several small warts on the back of his leg.  He had a large wart on his lower belly, just under the waistline of his underwear, that has healed, but there is another small one near it.  

Since he had that large wart, I've noticed a small wart on his toddler sister and a plantar wart on my thumb.  

What am I doing wrong that my son has so many warts?  He is a picky eater but I do strive to get fruits and vegetables into him and to limit his sugar; his diet is probably the worst of our family's but it's way better than most of his friends'.  When I found his large wart I started him on cod liver oil and high-vitamin butter oil to try and boost his immune system; I've only been able to get the oils into him sporadically, though, so I don't know how much it helps.  

Thanks!

Miranda in Texas

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 09-04-2013, 11:09 PM

Warts are caused by a virus and they are contagious, although some people will be more susceptible than others. Sounds like you have a virulent virus. Immune system activators are often helpful. Vitamins and fish oil are great, but they are not going to help with warts. A good formula that kids will take is Immunoberry liquid by Designs for Health. This is a good mushroom, astragalus and elderberry formula. Their product Immunitone is a similar capsule form. Colostrum is another similar immune stimulant. You can get a powdered, chewable, or capsule form. Whey protein powder also contains immunoglobulins and lactoferrin for this purpose. A large wart should probably be treated by a dermatologist, but it is important to develop the immune system as well to prevent recurrences.

#3 of 4 Old 09-05-2013, 07:51 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you, Dr. Neustaedter for your prompt reply!  

I am curious why the vitamins and fish oil won't help with warts.  I try to understand as much as I can about what's going on in our bodies :D

Thanks again!
Miranda

#4 of 4 Old 09-05-2013, 12:42 PM

You need a specific antiviral program to treat warts. Fish oil is a great anti-inflammatory and support for brain function in kids and vitamins will support healthy cellular functions but won't treat a virus except indirectly.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page