Covid questions - Mothering Forums

#1 of 4 Old 03-27-2020, 08:11 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Covid questions

I have been trying to boost my non- immunocompromised family's health using the same methods to boost their immune system that I have previously used. High C, high D and elderberry. I have come across info that says elderberry is actually harmful with Covid and articles that question high D supplementation. Please help me make sense of this. Current mainstream news say social distancing, hand washing and C. Is that all we got?

Baker's Wife and Catholic Mama to Simeon (17), James (15), Amos (12) Annie (10) Jonah (8) and Charlotte (4)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 04-15-2020, 04:23 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Okay, that's the best way for now. Our health experts are doing their best to produce the antibody vaccine we need to fight the virus. Stay safe and be vigilant.
#3 of 4 Old 04-17-2020, 05:54 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by campbellsoup View Post
I have been trying to boost my non- immunocompromised family's health using the same methods to boost their immune system that I have previously used. High C, high D and elderberry. I have come across info that says elderberry is actually harmful with Covid and articles that question high D supplementation. Please help me make sense of this. Current mainstream news say social distancing, hand washing and C. Is that all we got?

Sounds like you're doing what's possible!

#4 of 4 Old 05-03-2020, 05:31 AM

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 185 Post(s)
Elderberry has been found to increase cytokines. For the regular flu that is good. For COVID 19 they don't want that, because in some people there has been a "cytokine storm" which is what has caused the excess fluid buildup in the pneumonia, as I understand it. People whose bodies react this way have too much inflammation and it can lead to complications. There are more good articles on the web about this now than there were when you first posted.

Here from the very beginning of Mothering online forums. Proud to say gentle parenting works; the kids are grown or nearly so.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

User Agreement--
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page