• 1 Post By Tweety_Bird
  • 1 Post By Liquidat1on
  • 1 Post By LOPOYADI

#1 of 8 Old 03-27-2020, 08:11 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Covid questions

I have been trying to boost my non- immunocompromised family's health using the same methods to boost their immune system that I have previously used. High C, high D and elderberry. I have come across info that says elderberry is actually harmful with Covid and articles that question high D supplementation. Please help me make sense of this. Current mainstream news say social distancing, hand washing and C. Is that all we got?
applejuice likes this.

Baker's Wife and Catholic Mama to Simeon (17), James (15), Amos (12) Annie (10) Jonah (8) and Charlotte (4)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 8 Old 04-15-2020, 04:23 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Okay, that's the best way for now. Our health experts are doing their best to produce the antibody vaccine we need to fight the virus. Stay safe and be vigilant.
applejuice likes this.
#3 of 8 Old 04-17-2020, 05:54 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by campbellsoup View Post
I have been trying to boost my non- immunocompromised family's health using the same methods to boost their immune system that I have previously used. High C, high D and elderberry. I have come across info that says elderberry is actually harmful with Covid and articles that question high D supplementation. Please help me make sense of this. Current mainstream news say social distancing, hand washing and C. Is that all we got?

Sounds like you're doing what's possible!
applejuice likes this.

#4 of 8 Old 05-03-2020, 05:31 AM

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 185 Post(s)
Elderberry has been found to increase cytokines. For the regular flu that is good. For COVID 19 they don't want that, because in some people there has been a "cytokine storm" which is what has caused the excess fluid buildup in the pneumonia, as I understand it. People whose bodies react this way have too much inflammation and it can lead to complications. There are more good articles on the web about this now than there were when you first posted.
applejuice and Hyacinthe like this.

Here from the very beginning of Mothering online forums. Proud to say gentle parenting works; the kids are grown or nearly so.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

User Agreement--
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#5 of 8 Old 09-09-2020, 12:59 PM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
We need to protect ourselves until doctors are doing their job to find the vaccine. It is a hard time but everyone should know how to protect each other. It is extremely important to wear a mask everywhere and to wash your hands. Everyone knows that now masks are expensive and at the same time the quality is not the best one. You know I found a site that provides masks with the filter at a very good price. There I read all the pluses and minuses of the mask and to be honest I really think that this one is the best decision. Now I'm waiting for my order. Inform yourself correctly and take care!
applejuice likes this.
#6 of 8 Old 09-14-2020, 10:31 PM

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 403 Post(s)
This is a discussion regarding masks: https://www.mothering.com/forum/47-v...k-madness.html
applejuice likes this.
#7 of 8 Old 09-15-2020, 10:58 PM

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groov1r View Post
We need to protect ourselves until doctors are doing their job to find the vaccine. It is a hard time but everyone should know how to protect each other. It is extremely important to wear a mask everywhere and to wash your hands. Everyone knows that now masks are expensive and at the same time the quality is not the best one. You know I found a site that provides masks with the filter at a very good price. There I read all the pluses and minuses of the mask and to be honest I really think that this one is the best decision. Now I'm waiting for my order. Inform yourself correctly and take care!
I agree, we don't have to panic, just wear a mask and go to work!
applejuice likes this.
#8 of 8 Old 09-16-2020, 01:53 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodari1 View Post
Sounds like you're doing what's possible!
Please help me make sense of this. Current mainstream news say social distancing, hand washing and C. Is that all we got?
applejuice likes this.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page