• 1 Post By FridaUrih
  • 1 Post By Antony44
  • 1 Post By katherinep

#1 of 6 Old 04-29-2020, 06:31 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
benefits of carrots to babies

Carrots make a good first vegetable for infants due to the nutrition, taste and texture, advises Dr. Ari Brown, a pediatrician in Boulder, Colo. Carrots are easy for babies to swallow and digest. Most babies like the taste, too, because they have a natural preference for sweets; carrots are one of the sweetest of all vegetables. As with most other vegetables, the appropriate time to introduce your baby to carrots is when he is about 8 months old. Vitamins A,E,K,B1,B2,B3,B5,B6,B9 and minerals like choline, fluoride, selenium, zinc, copper, magnesium, etc. can be found in carrots. Some of the benefits of carrots are :
• in areas where cell growth needs to be rapid, such as injuries or wounds, carrots help assist in healing those areas.
• Carrot contains properties that not only support body cells but also helps protect the liver from the effects of toxic harmful chemicals.
• Vitamin A and beta-carotene are the two essential elements responsible for developing a good eyesight. These affect the growth of the retina and help maintain it in proper condition. Carrot contains both these elements in good amounts, helping maintain a clear and sharp vision.
• Carrots contain flavonoids, which are micronutrients. These directly improve the health of the heart and kidney, making them function better.
• Baby needs a strong immune system. Lymphocytes and blood platelets play a key role in keeping the balance of immune system and ensuring its strength. Carrots help improve the numbers of these entities that boost the immunity within the child.
Hence parents are advised to feed their babies carrots in puree form ,they can boil it and then mash it to make it puree. Also babies can be given carrots in powder which comes in porrdiges . companies like happa foods , early foods, etc manufacture porridges which are having carrot powder which can help your baby essential nutrients which they need. They don’t use any preservative or any artificial flavours. Also the carrot powder is made from organic carrots only.
applejuice and thehappymother like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 04-29-2020, 07:21 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Babies need all the essential nutrition which they need at early stage like the vitamins and minerals. Which they can get from fruits or vegetables like apples, mangoes, bananas, pears, sweet potato , spinach. Give purees made up of fruits and vegetables which will help babies in growth and development.
thehappymother likes this.
#3 of 6 Old 05-01-2020, 01:41 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
there are many benefits of carrots and is a kind of useful information
applejuice likes this.

#4 of 6 Old 05-01-2020, 12:20 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I was told that an excess of carrots and pumpkins leads to carotene jaundice ...
I add to other vegetables, I don’t give much
applejuice likes this.
#5 of 6 Old 05-01-2020, 12:31 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
The fact is that excess carotene, which does not have time to turn into vitamin A in the body, is deposited in the skin, first coloring the palms and heels, then the elbow folds and the whole body, in the color of ocher. If you continue to stuff it with carrots, then loss of appetite, drowsiness, peeling of the skin, and itching are possible. But no matter how useful the carrots, you should not abuse it .. It is better to offer such dishes to the baby a couple of times a week
applejuice likes this.
#6 of 6 Old 06-14-2020, 12:58 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I have been reading about all these health benefits for babies if we feed them fruits and vegetables and i wonder at what age should i start giving my little girl vegetables. Carrot are no doubt very healthy but my daughter is 6 months old and i don't think she can swallow carrots at this age. So at what age do i start giving her vegetables?
applejuice likes this.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page