benefits of carrots to babies
Carrots make a good first vegetable for infants due to the nutrition, taste and texture, advises Dr. Ari Brown, a pediatrician in Boulder, Colo. Carrots are easy for babies to swallow and digest. Most babies like the taste, too, because they have a natural preference for sweets; carrots are one of the sweetest of all vegetables. As with most other vegetables, the appropriate time to introduce your baby to carrots is when he is about 8 months old. Vitamins A,E,K,B1,B2,B3,B5,B6,B9 and minerals like choline, fluoride, selenium, zinc, copper, magnesium, etc. can be found in carrots. Some of the benefits of carrots are :
• in areas where cell growth needs to be rapid, such as injuries or wounds, carrots help assist in healing those areas.
• Carrot contains properties that not only support body cells but also helps protect the liver from the effects of toxic harmful chemicals.
• Vitamin A and beta-carotene are the two essential elements responsible for developing a good eyesight. These affect the growth of the retina and help maintain it in proper condition. Carrot contains both these elements in good amounts, helping maintain a clear and sharp vision.
• Carrots contain flavonoids, which are micronutrients. These directly improve the health of the heart and kidney, making them function better.
• Baby needs a strong immune system. Lymphocytes and blood platelets play a key role in keeping the balance of immune system and ensuring its strength. Carrots help improve the numbers of these entities that boost the immunity within the child.
Hence parents are advised to feed their babies carrots in puree form ,they can boil it and then mash it to make it puree. Also babies can be given carrots in powder which comes in porrdiges . companies like happa foods , early foods, etc manufacture porridges which are having carrot powder which can help your baby essential nutrients which they need. They don’t use any preservative or any artificial flavours. Also the carrot powder is made from organic carrots only.