Introducing solids to your baby’s diet - Mothering Forums

#1 of 4 Old 05-11-2020, 11:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Red face Introducing solids to your baby’s diet

Being a first-time mother it is natural to feel anxious, worried, or concerned about your baby regarding the transition between breast or bottle feeding and normal intake of solid foods. It is advisable not to rush things and be patient, as a parent there might be many things going on in the mind like
• What to feed?
• How much to feed?
• When to feed?
• When should solid foods be introduced?
6 months is the ideal time to introduce your baby to solid foods. This phase is exciting yet challenging for a new mother as you don’t know when you should introduce solids, whether your baby will like it or not. Hence you need to put some extra efforts in introducing solids in your baby’s diet. You can have difficulty in choosing the right food, to begin with.
Introduce different tastes and combinations of food so that the taste buds of your baby can develop. According to pediatricians, the first 6 months babies should be given only mother’s milk, after 6 months along with mother’s milk give your baby purees made up of fruits like Apple, Banana, Mango, Watermelon and vegetables puree made up of Spinach, Sweet potato, Tomato, Beetroot, Pumpkin, Green peas, Potato. Having the facts known can help you to decide what is best for your little one. But when it comes to babies natural is the best. Introducing solids does not mean that you should stop breastfeeding, Mother’s milk contains essential vitamins, minerals, proteins, calcium it is advisable to breastfeed your baby until he/she is one year old.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 05-12-2020, 08:02 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Introducing solids to baby food is one of the most crucial decisions we can take as a parent some of the most important nutrition includes ragi, banana, mango, carrot, beetroot, almonds, dates, apple, multigrain, oats, sweet potato, spinach and pears
#3 of 4 Old 06-01-2020, 10:14 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chetnasoni View Post
Being a first-time mother it is natural to feel anxious, worried, or concerned about your baby regarding the transition between breast or bottle feeding and normal intake of solid foods. It is advisable not to rush things and be patient, as a parent there might be many things going on in the mind like
• What to feed?
• How much to feed?
• When to feed?
• When should solid foods be introduced?
6 months is the ideal time to introduce your baby to solid foods. This phase is exciting yet challenging for a new mother as you don’t know when you should introduce solids, whether your baby will like it or not. Hence you need to put some extra efforts in introducing solids in your baby’s diet. You can have difficulty in choosing the right food, to begin with.
Introduce different tastes and combinations of food so that the taste buds of your baby can develop. According to pediatricians, the first 6 months babies should be given only mother’s milk, after 6 months along with mother’s milk give your baby purees made up of fruits like Apple, Banana, Mango, Watermelon and vegetables puree made up of Spinach, Sweet potato, Tomato, Beetroot, Pumpkin, Green peas, Potato. Having the facts known can help you to decide what is best for your little one. But when it comes to babies natural is the best. Introducing solids does not mean that you should stop breastfeeding, Mother’s milk contains essential vitamins, minerals, proteins, calcium it is advisable to breastfeed your baby until he/she is one year old.
How much of fruit per day is healthy for a baby? My daughter is 6 months old now and so far the only solid i have given her is half banana mashed. I wanna make sure im giving the right amount before feeding her more of it. So what's the healthy amount to feed to a 6 months old baby girl?

#4 of 4 Old 11-17-2020, 05:11 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I was very worried that it was too early to give my son solid food, but the doctor said that it was already necessary to start adding bread, porridge and pasta to the child's diet. Of course, I didn't want to buy semifinished foods in the store, so I tried my best to prepare food for my son by myself at home. By the way, the baker turned out to be a very useful wedding gift. I learned how to cook noodles from durum wheat, it's healthier and has a beneficial effect on digestion. I often read the noodlecat because on this portal are a lot of information about noodles, how to make it and what kind of pasta maker machine exists and which one is better to choose. I really like this idea because I won't spend a lot of time for preparing food, but I will continue to take care of my family's health.

Tags
babyfood , healthybaby , Nutrition , Parenting

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page