2Likes
  • 1 Post By mrsgail
  • 1 Post By ocelotmom

#1 of 9 Old 12-15-2014, 05:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Cool 6-9months chat thread :)

Epically shocked that I am this far along and not pregnant again. J u st had to get that off my chest.

Anyone still checking in? I'm feeling less postpartum now that he is past six months, but sometimes the hormones still hit me. Last night I absolutely lost it over hazelnut sticks vs cookies ( far too long a story).

Mine is crawling now. And a huuuge fan of table foods. He would eat an entire yam if I let him. Still nursing but he's super effective at it now and doesn't take long.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 9 Old 12-16-2014, 11:14 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Good to see you again! I miss our club.

Lydia is right on the verge of crawling. Actually, she can crawl backward very well, but she doesn't want to do that and screams in frustration. When she tries to crawl forward, one leg or the other will not stay under her. Wearing footed suits is hampering her (we have hardwood floors) so I try to dress her in something without feet every couple days.

She is liking all foods, even mustard which was the one thing her brother absolutely hated when he was a baby. We are avoiding dairy for now, but she's had so many fruits and veggies I've lost count, as well as rice, oatmeal, noodles, and even a few bites of scrambled egg. She especially loves squash, sweet potato, and honeydew melon.

She's still nursing, and I'm still pumping at work. Down to just one nursing during my sleeping hours on more than half of nights, and every couple weeks she'll sleep through a whole night.

I got my first postpartum period. Big surprise since my first baby was 18 months before my cycle came back...but before that pregnancy I'd always had abnormally long cycles, and then when they started postpartum they were about 6 weeks for a long time, but when he was 6 years old I started to get very bad emotional PMS and started taking supplements to help with that, and either because of the supplements or because of perimenopause (I was 38 then, am 41 now) my cycles got shorter and more fertile, to the point that I conceived Lydia because I ovulated before Day 14 for the first time in my life!! My pleasant surprise.

Lydia has a very cheerful personality. Of course she gets upset sometimes, but she doesn't sulk a bit; once the problem is solved, a smile or tickle gets her laughing again. She smiles at people in public a lot. She is very popular at church, where people pass her around so much that I barely see her at coffee hour. Even in the early part of the night, when she's sleeping by herself, when she wakes hungry and starts crying, as soon as I come into the room she's bouncing and laughing because she is so pleased to see me.

Mama to a boy EnviroKid
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
12 years old and a girl EnviroKid
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
3 years old!
I write about parenting, environment, cooking, and more.
#3 of 9 Old 02-01-2015, 09:42 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fayebond View Post
Epically shocked that I am this far along and not pregnant again. J u st had to get that off my chest.

Anyone still checking in? I'm feeling less postpartum now that he is past six months, but sometimes the hormones still hit me. Last night I absolutely lost it over hazelnut sticks vs cookies ( far too long a story).

Mine is crawling now. And a huuuge fan of table foods. He would eat an entire yam if I let him. Still nursing but he's super effective at it now and doesn't take long.
Levi is 8 months & is crawling & pulling himself up to standing. He started clapping too this week . I just popped on to look for the October 2015 DDC AHHHHH!!!
ocelotmom likes this.

Happy wife and mama to two boys, Levi (5/14) and Cade (9/15)

#4 of 9 Old 02-01-2015, 06:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Hi @mrsgail , good to see you again. I'm preggers now too. Yay! If you volunteer to be co admin we can get the Oct ddc up and running. Even temporarily It's exciting to be pregnant together again, lol. Couldn't be happier. We are hoping to tell my family this week but not make it public for awhile. If I had my way no one would ask anyone if she is pregnant ever. Ever ever ever. But they do, on a weekly basis sometimes, so I will tell them on my terms I hope, haha.

Slightly crunchy mama of three, one cs, one ubac, one vbac. Planning a vbac in October. Bookworms anonymous member.

Last edited by fayebond; 02-02-2015 at 04:50 PM.
#5 of 9 Old 02-02-2015, 08:46 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Congratulations, both of you!
fayebond likes this.

DS born 6/03, DD1 born 9/06, DD2 born 10/10, DD3 born 4/14.
#6 of 9 Old 02-03-2015, 05:54 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Hi everyone! My little one is crawling now too. She is not however sleeping good at all. She is waking every 45 minutes or less to nurse. I am trying to do the no cry sleep solution but I am getting so frustrated and so is she. any advice or tips? My DH is not home during the week so it is just me and I have 2 older girls who still wake up at night (one only for accidents)
Also I may be pregnant, I do not m is yet but I have just started my cycle Jan 1st but have not had a period since and previously my periods were 25 days. So I plan on getting a test the. Ext time I m at the grocery store but am kinda freaking out because the timing is really not ideal and we were not sure if we wanted more kids especially this soon. Sorry that was a lot, I just have no one to tell this to becAuse everyone would tell me to just let my aLo cry it out and I don't want to tell anyone about possibly being pregnant either.
#7 of 9 Old 02-03-2015, 05:56 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Sorry for all the typos, I wrote this on my phone and could not see all my message.
#8 of 9 Old 02-03-2015, 10:37 PM

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Lotus, could you talk to a sleep consultant? This one is highly recommended in our area: http://www.angeliquemillette.com/
Otherwise keeping a fan on or other kind of white noise could be helpful, or maybe teething tablets if she's in pain?
#9 of 9 Old 02-11-2015, 03:20 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
LotusJ, Levi does the same thing at night. We finally just started co-sleeping. He falls asleep nursing every night. I put him in his crib (once he's so asleep that he stops nursing and goes limp) and then he wakes up about 2 hours later. Then I sleep with him on a futon in his room for the rest of the night and he nurses as much as he likes all night. I pretty much sleep through it, just rolling over now and then to switch breasts for him. It's not ideal, but I don't want him to cry himself to sleep and I have to sleep too. If I put him back in his crib after nursing him, he wakes up every 30-45 minutes...

Happy wife and mama to two boys, Levi (5/14) and Cade (9/15)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page