Previous Birth Stories - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

18Likes

#31 of 33 Old 09-25-2014, 08:35 AM

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
@luckiest! I just had a possible light bulb moment. Your son was born in San Francisco, yes? And a midwife named Juli delivered him? The first time I read your story, I assumed you'd been in Texas for his birth, but you weren't, were you? A home delivery in the Bay Area attended by Juli (and, by the luck of the draw, not Deborah--whom I also remember very well) means that you and I almost certainly used the same midwifery service, and the very same Juli delivered both of our sons. (And it's kind of funny how similar the aftermaths were of both of those births; I also took forever to birth the placenta and lost a decent amount of blood, and also had a substantial labial tear that we decided to leave alone rather than stitching up.)

Mind: officially blown. That is pretty neat.

She's here! Baby Yoshiko arrived on 2/7/15, and now we are a family of five.

Last edited by TeeThatsMe; 09-25-2014 at 08:39 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 33 Old 09-25-2014, 09:21 AM

Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeThatsMe View Post
@luckiest! I just had a possible light bulb moment. Your son was born in San Francisco, yes? And a midwife named Juli delivered him? The first time I read your story, I assumed you'd been in Texas for his birth, but you weren't, were you? A home delivery in the Bay Area attended by Juli (and, by the luck of the draw, not Deborah--whom I also remember very well) means that you and I almost certainly used the same midwifery service, and the very same Juli delivered both of our sons. (And it's kind of funny how similar the aftermaths were of both of those births; I also took forever to birth the placenta and lost a decent amount of blood, and also had a substantial labial tear that we decided to leave alone rather than stitching up.)

Mind: officially blown. That is pretty neat.

That is amazing, yes it was that Juli and Deborah! How crazy! AND the post partum similarities to boot!

When was your son born? Mine was Nov 2010.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
happyday8598 likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Living and loving in ATX with DH (of 7 years) and DS (3.5)
#33 of 33 Old 09-25-2014, 10:14 AM

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Wow!! What a small, small world! Our son was born in April 2009. It sure is nice to know another Awakenings mama, and in such a small group, too. Very cool.

She's here! Baby Yoshiko arrived on 2/7/15, and now we are a family of five.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page