First timers, how are we all doing? - Page 4 - Mothering Forums
 28Likes

#91 of 95 Old 03-12-2015, 12:52 AM

Mentioned: 181 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 127 Post(s)
I feel so much more in love than I expected. But yes, it's so hard. Rewardingly hard, but hard nonetheless. I feel like a human dairy farm. But seriously, looking into those little eyes is the only thanks I'll ever need. This kid has me. I'm all his forever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brenna and William - April 11th, 2013
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
June 18th, 2014

20 year old SAHM to Liam - born on March 7th, 2015.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#92 of 95 Old 03-12-2015, 08:31 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
I waited a long time to find the right partner, and it took some time to get married, then pregnant, so this will likely be my only baby. And I'm okay with that. I'm an environmentalist, so don't feel like I need to bring a lot of other humans into the world, and I also enjoy traveling and doing a lot of things that would be be difficult with more than one child. But I will say that pregnancy and giving birth to this little man, sitting here and breast-feeding him has been completely amazing. If I were younger I probably want to do it again real soon! Who knows, maybe we'll be inspired to have a sibling...

#93 of 95 Old 03-12-2015, 11:31 AM

Mentioned: 93 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Personally, I think the first baby is the hardest. The second has it's own challenges, mostly because you are learning to juggle two (assuming they are somewhat close in age), but it still isn't as hard as the first. I think this is because everything is so new with the first baby and it's completely foreign territory, even if you've had experience with kids. It's full of so much awesomeness and terror and happiness and horror (sometimes)... it's overwhelming. It's not like that with #2 since you've BTDT. And, honestly, #3 was easy because #1 and #2 occupied each other for the most part. In fact, I actually felt like having four kids was easier than having just one in a lot of ways.

Of course, I think the postpartum time is hell no matter what number baby you are on. It gets so, so much better when they get a bit older- say, 3 months. It's totally awesome when they are old enough to sit on their own without crawling! It's at that point that I think, "Stay this age forever!!!!"

Just my two cents

Corrie, "trad" Catholic, wife to DH and Mom to DD (4/07), DS (2/09), DD (2/11), DD (4/13), two angel babies. 

#94 of 95 Old 03-12-2015, 11:48 AM

Mentioned: 395 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
This will be my only too, @forestlover75 . I absolutely hated being pregnant and the birth was pretty awful, but looking at this little guy, I can totally understand how people do it again (and again).

Me & him
, and at long last, little Lincoln
Loving our boys,

and missing our babes

How we survive, is what makes us who we are - Rise Against

#95 of 95 Old 03-12-2015, 02:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
@Milk8shake , I'm sorry to hear you had a rough go of pregnancy and birth, but glad to hear you are in love! That's what it's all about!
@luckiest , l think the postpartum stuff is what would be tough with other kids. Apart from (now passing) constipation and that milk blister, my recovery has actually been great - I'm done bleeding at week 2 and my stitches are healing well. But I attribute this to the fact that I can sit on my butt for 3 weeks and let my husband do everything else. Couldn't do that if I had little ones who needed me!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page