• 1 Post By bren94
  • 1 Post By entiti
  • 1 Post By happyday8598

#1 of 9 Old 09-06-2014, 02:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Getting our cooking on?

Now that most of us are out of the nausea stage of pregnancy, and perhaps into the glutinous eating stage (here here!), are we finding ourselves in the kitchen more often, cooking up new or old favorites?

I went on a binge for a couple of weeks of eating custard... lots and lots of fresh, warm custard. Sometimes with vanilla cupcakes, sometimes just out of the pot!!

Quiche has been another big hit for me... Especially with broccoli.

Right now I'm trying out a corn soup I had at a friends the other day... It was so good, I couldn't stop thinking about it! I had to make it for myself (and my family, of course!)...

Eggs have been high on the list of love to eats, which isn't typical of me. Hollandaise sauce, custards, egg salad, quiche, soufflé.... they all sound good to me at any point of the day!

What delicious things are YOU cooking these days?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 9 Old 09-06-2014, 03:53 PM

Mentioned: 181 Post(s)
Quoted: 127 Post(s)
I've been going Pinterest crazy with new recipes I want to try. I made an amazing avocado rice the other day and it was soooo yum.
#3 of 9 Old 09-06-2014, 08:18 PM

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Avocado rice! Quiche!! Okay, I am not making these things, but I WANT to make these things. I used to be such a big one for quiche, and... I am not exactly sure what happened, but I just kind of quit doing that. Gotta get back to it!

I made fried green tomatoes tonight, although it was hardly a recipe--literally a boxed coating mix, water, tomatoes, and plenty of oil. Boiling oil, all over the palm of my hand. Whoops. So I've spent the evening rigorously testing every ice pack in our house. Tee, Master Chef!!

She's here! Baby Yoshiko arrived on 2/7/15, and now we are a family of five.

#4 of 9 Old 09-07-2014, 12:19 AM

Mentioned: 181 Post(s)
Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Mmm Tee! Love me some fried green tomatoes! I make my own version of a pura vida salad (something I copied from a local restaurant here) and it's just diced avocado, hearts of palm, tomatoes, and lime juice. It's so so yummy and I could eat it everyday. I definitely recommend y'all try it if you enjoy those ingredients because it's so easy to make and tastes so summery and refreshing.
TeeThatsMe likes this.
#5 of 9 Old 09-07-2014, 10:00 AM

Mentioned: 90 Post(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
I did a few crockpot meals last week, those were good. I'm still having a lot of food aversions. Like, I still have an aversion to eggs and bread, but I made myself eat scrambled eggs on toast this morning and it was okay. I'm also thinking egg drop soup (chicken broth, green onions, and egg). Super easy and the chicken broth masks the egg taste.

Four children. Just welcomed our newest member on 2/12!
#6 of 9 Old 09-07-2014, 11:20 AM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
I too have been meal planning crazy....it really helps satisfy the cravings for heavy food, and still keeps it homemade and healthy.
I have been really getting back into (which it has been years!) the decadent raw food and /or vegan versions of comfort foods. Made a dang good vegan mac and cheese bake w/ a delicious cashew cream sauce, and a vegan super veggified lasagna w/ a tahini based ricotta. Yum!

Also making tons of dehydrated kale chips, and raw crackers, juices and superfood smoothies.....mmm! mmm!

I am definitely not used to eating this much, and especially reintroducing the little bit of grains (or non-grain; quinoa, corn, etc.) has not been 100% without drawbacks (especially on my skin! yikes!), but I've been trying diligently to keep on top of soaking everything properly and eating that stuff in moderation.

I made a goji berry, chia, cacao smoothie this morning with bee pollen, maca and amaranth greens....topped with a splash of beet/carrot juice. OMGGGG......I had to make two batches, my kids devoured one whole carafe-full. I swear there is something about the flavor or bee pollen, black maca and goji that tints cacao with a slight roasted taste....offset with the right amount of honey.....and it is HEAVEN!
It also gives me a good jolt of energy for a couple of hours that ain't bad, either
happyday8598 likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mama to one
one
, and a brand new
!
#7 of 9 Old 09-07-2014, 04:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
@entiti ... good for you, girl!
My neighbor friend has been on a kick the past couple of summers of doing foraged or weed salads, picking the edibles from our yard and tossing 'em all together. He made me up a salad the other night, and holy heck! Each bite had a different, delicious flavor to enjoy!! From licorice to pepper to lemon, from tart to sweet... I'm going to have to take a walk with him and see just where he finds all these hidden jewels!!

I made a kimchi last week that has been wonderful to enjoy. And just bottled up some kombucha with ginger shavings, hoping to flavor the brew during its secondary ferment.

Cooking and baking, when the energy is there, has been sooooo enjoyable! These random "wants" during the day leave the house guessing what could possibly be for dinner each night!
TeeThatsMe likes this.

#8 of 9 Old 09-07-2014, 10:02 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Ohhhhhhh....I am so into wild tending, and foraged foods! I hope to be doing more over the next few years, but the nutritional quality and rich native histories behind wild foods are so fascinating to me and have been a huge part of my life journey.

Don't even get me started on Kimchi! I could eat a whole crock-full any time. Day or night Sounds like you've got some fermented goodness going on in your neck of the woods, happyday.....you might have inspired me to do get on that boat this week A cold glass of kombucha and bowl of kimchi sound amazing right now!

Mama to one
one
, and a brand new
!
#9 of 9 Old 08-02-2016, 08:47 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
mai moi di 10 bai. chung may vao day doc truyen ngon tinh va doc truyen co tich

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page