• 2 Post By murrelet
  • 1 Post By DuchessTergie
  • 1 Post By cagnew

#1 of 12 Old 09-29-2014, 02:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Recipe Thread

Hey Ladies, Let's share our favorite recipes and inspire each other to eat well. Love photos too!
tracyamber likes this.

Wife to my Sweetness and Light, DH (03), WAHM to DS('01), DS('11), and DS('13) and our first, beloved DD('15). Encouraging mothers everywhere to write for their lives. Expecting our last rainbow baby January 2018. MMC Saorise Mar at 13 weeks will always be in our hearts. <3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 12 Old 09-29-2014, 02:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Paleo Pumpkin Pie (I love playing with recipes so please have fun with this!)
Makes two pies. Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Make crust first:
2.5 c nut flour (I used a mix of almond and cashew with a half cup GF baking flour but you can use whatever you want, even sunflower seed flour)
3-4 TBS Coconut oil or fat of choice
1 egg
1 tsp sea salt, optional spices

Food process ingredients by pulsing to mix, will look crumbly.
Press firmly into pie dishes (I only had enough to cover the bottoms, but that is what I wanted.)
You can pre-bake for a few minutes while you make the filling, but it isn't totally necessary.

Filling:
4 eggs
2 c roasted pumpkin (I don't know the exact conversion for canned, but I bet it is close. Just look at consistency)
1 c coconut cream from can ( not milk, too runny...I get mine at trader joe's)
1 c coconut sugar
2 TBS tapioca starch (if you don't have this on hand, leave it out)
2 TBS honey

1-2 TBS vanilla paste or extract (I use more paste than I would extract)
2 TBS cinnamon
1 TBS nutmeg
1 tsp salt

Food process dry ingredients, then add in wet and food process until smooth.
Remove crusts and pour in liquid filling.
Bake at 350 for 45 minutes or until the whole top of the pie looks solid. Let cool for two hours to set. I like to cool mine outside with clothes draped over them. Store in the fridge for a week, but I doubt they'll last that long.

Here are some photos to know firmness after it's been in the fridge.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WIN_20140929_162757.JPG
Views:	190
Size:	217.0 KB
ID:	6385  

Click image for larger version

Name:	WIN_20140929_162828.JPG
Views:	195
Size:	223.9 KB
ID:	6393  

DuchessTergie likes this.

Wife to my Sweetness and Light, DH (03), WAHM to DS('01), DS('11), and DS('13) and our first, beloved DD('15). Encouraging mothers everywhere to write for their lives. Expecting our last rainbow baby January 2018. MMC Saorise Mar at 13 weeks will always be in our hearts. <3

Last edited by writermama12; 09-29-2014 at 02:55 PM.
#3 of 12 Old 09-29-2014, 03:38 PM

Mentioned: 181 Post(s)
Quoted: 127 Post(s)
I really don't have many of my own recipes. I just steal others for the most part. If anyone has any raw cake recipes please share!

#4 of 12 Old 09-29-2014, 05:19 PM

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Today I made Eggdrop Italian Wedding Soup! It was AMAZING!

1 lb. ground beef
3 eggs
2 slices bread
salt, pepper, dried oregano, dried basil, (random spice to taste kinda girl here, sorry)
clove of garlic chopped

3T butter
1 onion, diced small
8 c chicken stock (homemade is best!)
3 more eggs
3T water
pinch salt
pinch pepper
a few handfuls of chopped spinach
Parmesan cheese

1. Mix first group of ingredients in a bowl. Place in fridge for 1 hour. Form into small (3/4 to 1") meatballs.
2. Put butter in bottom of small stock pot. Fry meatballs until delightfully browned on all sides. (Doesn't need to be cooked all the way through.) Remove from pot.
3. Toss the onion in that buttery, golden brown crackly deliciousness at the bottom of the pot. Fry until slightly browned.
4. Add chicken stock (Hey! Beef would prob work, too, now that I think of it!). Bring to a simmer (NOT boil!)
5. Mix 3 eggs, water, salt and pepper. Drizzle into simmering stock at the same time as stirring gently.
6. Add meatballs to stock, let simmer until they are fully cooked. Prob 5-6 minutes at the most.
7. Add chopped spinach.
8. Serve topped with Parmesan cheese.
9. Anticipate complaints from the youngest, pickiest eater.
10. After receiving no complaints, do a celebratory dance.

Sewing, gardening, home birthing, co-sleeping, extended nursing, cloth diapering, baby-wearing, home schooling, attachment parenting busy mommy to dd1 (7), dd2 (4), ds (1) and two in heaven. 

#5 of 12 Old 10-01-2014, 12:57 PM

Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
I'm not much of a baker, but we almost always have these banana pumpkin muffins around (even though they never last long!). They're the perfect breakfast for when I can't look at another egg. They're incredibly moist and spongy (in a good way), delicious even without any added sweetener. DS devours them.

(modified from this recipe)

2 very ripe bananas
2/3c pumpkin puree
1/3c coconut oil
4 eggs
1/2c coconut flour (no substitutions here!)
1tsp baking soda
1tsp vanilla
pinch sea salt
cinnamon
nutmeg
ground ginger
ground cloves (sorry, I never measure the spices!)

Mash up bananas in a bowl. Dump everything else in the bowl in no particular order, whisk it up until it's smooth. Sometimes I bother to sift the coconut flour, most times not. Batter will be really thick! No worries. Spoon into buttered/greased muffin tins. They don't expand very much.

If DS didn't object, I would add chocolate chips to the batter. So instead I drop some on the tops of about half of them, ensuring that half will be all mine!

Bake at 350 for 18-22 minutes, give or take.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Living and loving in ATX with DH (of 7 years) and DS (3.5)
#6 of 12 Old 10-01-2014, 12:57 PM

Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Double post and it won't let me delete!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Living and loving in ATX with DH (of 7 years) and DS (3.5)

Last edited by luckiest; 10-01-2014 at 01:02 PM.
#7 of 12 Old 10-19-2014, 02:11 PM

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
I'm reviving this thread because I want to share my banana oat bar recipe with you guys. It's delicious, and I just realized that if you used gluten free oats the recipe would be totally gf if you're into that kind of thing. Could probably also be paleo? But I don't know much about that. I do know that they stick to the ribs and the kids love them

1⁄2 cup butter or marg
4 cups uncooked instant oats
3⁄4 cup brown sugar (this can easily be reduced to 1⁄2 cup)
1 egg
1 cup chocolate chips
pinch of salt
1 1⁄2 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 5)

Cream butter or marg and sugar until fluffy. Beat in egg, salt and bananas. Stir in remaining ingredients. Turn into greased 9 x 13 pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 min to 1 hour or until golden brown and toothpick comes clean.

Cool and cut into 2-inch bars. Store in refrigerator.

Variations

Add raisins, sunflower seed, 2 tsp cinnamon, 1⁄2 tsp cloves

You can experiment using chunky applesauce too to replace some of the banana especially with the above combination.
jodieanneanton and TeeThatsMe like this.

Breastfeeding, cosleeping, homebirthing scientist mama to
DD1 07/08,
DD2 06/10 and a third on the way 02/15!

#8 of 12 Old 10-27-2014, 08:02 PM

Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Cooking is my love language. Since I can't cook for each of you and bring it steaming to your door after you welcome your baby, I'm going to share my hands-down favorite recipe for bringing a family a meal: Chicken Pot Pie with Apples, Leeks, and Cheddar Biscuit Crust. I put my modifications in parentheses. This is NOT Paleo approved.

From Pam Anderson's (not THAT Pam Anderson) Perfect One-Dish Dinners
*make it a feast by serving it with spinach artichoke dip, green salad, and cookies for dessert

CHICKEN
2 cups chicken broth (I use homemade stock)
1 12oz can evaporated milk (I use half & half)
6 TBSP butter, divided
2 large leeks, dark green trimmed away, washed, and chopped
2 large granny smith apples, quartered, cored, thinly sliced
1 large rotisserie chicken, shredded for 5-6 cups meat (or roast your own for less $)
1/2 cup + 1 TBSP all-purpose flour
2 tsp rubbed sage
1/4 cup cream sherry (doesn't have to have this, a white wine would be just as good)
1/3 cup chopped parsely (who measures herbs? Not me)

BISCUITS
2 cups all-purpose flour (I use a combo of sprouted/spelt/all-purpose)
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup grated sharp cheddar
1 stick butter, frozen solid
1 cup cold buttermilk

Preheat oven to 400. Heat broth and milk/half and half until steamy (microwave or stovetop). Heat 2 TBSP butter in large skillet, when foamy add leeks and apples and cook until just tender, about 7-8 minutes. Combine cooked apples and leeks with shredded chicken in a large bowl. Heating remaining butter in empty skillet. When foaming stops, whisk in flour and sage and cook at least 1 minute or until golden. Whisk in hot milk/broth mixture slowly until thick. Off heat, stir in sherry/wine. Season with salt & pepper, then add sauce to bowl with chicken, apples and leeks. Pour into a 9x13 pan OR 2 8x8 pans.

For the biscuits, combine dry ingredients in a bowl and mix with a fork. Grate frozen butter into dry ingredients with a box grater. Mix quickly, then add buttermilk and mix just until dough comes together. Spoon rounds of dough onto pie filling. Bake until biscuits are golden and filling bubbles, about 30 minutes or so.

If you go the 2 8x8 pans route, you can eat one now, and freeze one for later. Bake it still frozen at 400 for an hour.
TeeThatsMe likes this.

Please ignore my spelling-- I think faster than I type.
#9 of 12 Old 10-27-2014, 10:17 PM

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
That sounds delicious!
#10 of 12 Old 10-28-2014, 06:47 AM

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Yum, Duchess. Sounds good. I never thought of apple in potpie before. Also.... I LOVE sage. Love love love!

Sewing, gardening, home birthing, co-sleeping, extended nursing, cloth diapering, baby-wearing, home schooling, attachment parenting busy mommy to dd1 (7), dd2 (4), ds (1) and two in heaven. 

#11 of 12 Old 11-25-2014, 11:07 AM

Mentioned: 93 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
I came across some freezer crock pot meals that looked pretty good, so I thought I'd post the link. They don't use any canned soup or pre-packaged spice (like dry italian seasoning, dry onion soup, etc), which I think is great because I don't really like the way those taste.

Here is the link: http://newleafwellness.biz/2014/11/0...di-40-minutes/
writermama12 likes this.

Corrie, "trad" Catholic, wife to DH and Mom to DD (4/07), DS (2/09), DD (2/11), DD (4/13), two angel babies. 
#12 of 12 Old 06-24-2015, 04:41 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks for recipes to everyone! I hope that all those dishes won't harm my weight and I'll look as Pam Anderson as described at celebsheightweight.com, huh Nevertheless, I'll try cook everything described here

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page