My labor thread...finally! - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
 9Likes

#31 of 57 Old 03-07-2015, 10:58 PM

Mentioned: 395 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Congrats! He's precious.

Me & him
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, and at long last, little Lincoln
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Loving our boys,

and missing our babes

How we survive, is what makes us who we are - Rise Against

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 57 Old 03-08-2015, 12:52 AM

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Congrats! I'm so glad I checked on here before getting to bed for the night. He is adorable and worth all the waiting and hard work. Good job, momma!

Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?
#33 of 57 Old 03-08-2015, 04:35 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 181 Post(s)
Quoted: 127 Post(s)
My labor thread...finally!

Thank you ladies! I'm in love. It's been hard though. Breastfeeding is tougher than I imagined but we're getting a hang of it!

So while I have a moment of down time I'll tell you his birth story.

I didn't sleep a wink on Friday night. I was feeling way too excited/anxious/thrilled to sleep. So I stayed up and rubbed my belly and soaked up my last few pregnant hours. At around 4:30 am I got up and took a bath, did my hair and makeup, gathered last minute things for the hospital, etc. I woke William up at 5:30, called L&D to make sure a room was still available, and we were eventually on our way! We got put in our delivery room around 6:45, I met my nurses, got started on antibiotics, and patiently waited for the midwives orders. They started 2ml/hr of pitocin at around 8:20. As I started feeling the contractions I tried moving around, bouncing on the birth ball, and changing positions but I kept losing the baby's heart rate reading and that made me nervous because I wanted to make sure he was handling the pit well. They upped my dosage every half hour and eventually the contractions started to suck. I didn't want to wait for them to become miserable (I was bed ridden at this point) so I asked for the epidural and I got it at around noon. It felt weird but much better than the contractions and I was able to rest a little. My midwife checked me and I had gone from a 3 to a 5 in about 4 hours. She broke my water and Liam didn't like that at all. He started to decel and I had to have an oxygen mask for a little bit. They put an internal heart rate monitor on him and things calmed down. After that I started making good progress. At 3 I was 7cm 90% effaced baby was still at -2 station. Then around 6 I started feeling pressure the nurse checked me and I was fully dilated! Liam was moving down but my midwife was delivering another baby so we waited for her to come and let Liam moved further down in the mean time. I was so excited to meet him! At close to 7:10 I started pushing and it was great because I could feel the urge but wasnt in any pain. My midwife told me I was a really strong pusher, but I was just so motivated. At 7:24 pm he slid out of me screaming! I cried the second he came out, it was incredible. Since he had a good amount of meconium in his water, they took him to get suctioned right away. He was in my arms a couple of minutes later! I had a second degree tear and a labia tear I think the midwife called it that. It took her a while to stitch me up. I felt zero pain while pushing but boy am I hurting now!

So that's my lazily typed (with one hand) birth story. It's the best I can do at the moment. I'm falling asleep as I type.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
honeybunmom likes this.

Brenna and William - April 11th, 2013

June 18th, 2014

20 year old SAHM to Liam - born on March 7th, 2015.

Last edited by bren94; 03-08-2015 at 05:02 AM.

#34 of 57 Old 03-08-2015, 05:22 AM

Mentioned: 501 Post(s)
Quoted: 479 Post(s)
Oh, he is so adorable! Look at those long, elegant fingers and long nails, even!

You are the picture of after-birth-bliss lying next to Liam! So relieved! Great birth story ~ it sounds like you enjoyed the experience and you have a perfect baby boy to show for it, what more can you ask?

Congratulations....MAMA!

Mama
to Girl 2/00, Girl 1/03, Boy 3/06, Boy 11/10, and Girl! 7/15!
#35 of 57 Old 03-08-2015, 06:29 AM

Mentioned: 90 Post(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Wow, Bren. He looks just like you. Your story sounds a lot like my first birth (without the pitocin, though). My first took 12 hours and not much pushing and he was out. I'm so happy for you. Ride that birth high for the next couple weeks!

Four children. Just welcomed our newest member on 2/12!
#36 of 57 Old 03-08-2015, 06:34 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Huge Congratulations
Happy Baby Moon Bren xx

Sarah, slightly crunchy Mummy to 5 (youngest with T21)

#37 of 57 Old 03-08-2015, 06:38 AM

Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
He's perfect. Congratulations!
#38 of 57 Old 03-08-2015, 06:43 AM

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Congratulations, Bren! He is so handsome! And I noticed his long fingernails, too! Such a sweetie!

Sewing, gardening, home birthing, co-sleeping, extended nursing, cloth diapering, baby-wearing, home schooling, attachment parenting busy mommy to dd1 (7), dd2 (4), ds (1) and two in heaven. 

#39 of 57 Old 03-08-2015, 08:04 AM

Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Congratulations! He's beautiful!

Living and loving in ATX with DH (of 7 years) and DS (3.5)
#40 of 57 Old 03-08-2015, 08:11 AM

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)

#41 of 57 Old 03-08-2015, 08:26 AM

Mentioned: 104 Post(s)
Quoted: 500 Post(s)
Congratulations! Well done mama!

He's just gorgeous!

Blessed Christian Wife and Homeschooling Mother to 10 children.

‘To someone whose god is science, vaccination makes sense. But to someone whose god is God, it is appalling’ - Dr. Golden.
#42 of 57 Old 03-08-2015, 08:26 AM

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Such loving happiness! And your journey begins, Bren! I'm so happy for your newly formed family.
Is Mayo a common last name? My sister married into a Mayo family... Got relatives in NH by any chance?

#43 of 57 Old 03-08-2015, 09:37 AM - Thread Starter

@happyday8598 I've met a couple other unrelated Mayo's believe it or not. No family in NH that I know of though. And thank you!

Thank you to everyone again! I'm all blissed out.

happyday8598 likes this.

June 18th, 2014

#44 of 57 Old 03-08-2015, 09:39 AM

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Those love hormones are some powerful things! Better than any drug...

#45 of 57 Old 03-08-2015, 09:58 AM

Mentioned: 93 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
The love hormones are great, but so are percocet's

I'm so happy you finally have your baby in your arms. He totally looks like you! Sweet little man

Sorry about the tearing, but it will heal and you will get back to normal. Like everything else in life, it just takes time (like 6-8 weeks in my experience).

So happy for you! Congrats!

How is DH doing?

Corrie, "trad" Catholic, wife to DH and Mom to DD (4/07), DS (2/09), DD (2/11), DD (4/13), two angel babies. 
#46 of 57 Old 03-08-2015, 10:19 AM - Thread Starter

My labor thread...finally!

DH is nervous I think. I'm still trying to get him comfortable enough to hold the baby and trust himself to comfort him. He was a great push partner though, let me say. Totally shocked me because throughout the labor (I was never in much pain) he mostly listened to music and napped. But as soon as it came time to push he jumped right up and was right by my side giving me positive affirmations, telling me how strong I was, etc.
He's trying to adjust to this new reality and I'm trying to give him the space to do that. He's gotten so much more sleep than I have and even though I feel a tad bitter about it, I'm trying to remember that he's still feeling out his role as a father and he didn't get that nice little hormone cocktail that I got as soon as Liam was born. So things are bound to be a little more gradual on his end. Luckily I'm still in that "don't take my baby from me" stage, so I'm not so bothered that I get extra bonding time with Liam

June 18th, 2014

#47 of 57 Old 03-08-2015, 10:22 AM - Thread Starter

Woo, guess I had a lot to say on that lol. All that being said he's been very loving and affectionate toward the baby. I dont want y'all to think he's been ignoring us lol

June 18th, 2014

#48 of 57 Old 03-08-2015, 11:58 AM

Mentioned: 547 Post(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Congrats bren94 . I had been stalking.!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
#49 of 57 Old 03-08-2015, 02:20 PM

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
He really looks like you!

Sarah- sahm to a little boy and girl with a third blessing due in Feb.
#50 of 57 Old 03-08-2015, 02:42 PM

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bren94 View Post
Woo, guess I had a lot to say on that lol. All that being said he's been very loving and affectionate toward the baby. I dont want y'all to think he's been ignoring us lol

Not at all! And I am super impressed at your clarity and wisdom in giving William the time he needs to feel out his new role! You are a wise woman!

Sewing, gardening, home birthing, co-sleeping, extended nursing, cloth diapering, baby-wearing, home schooling, attachment parenting busy mommy to dd1 (7), dd2 (4), ds (1) and two in heaven. 

#51 of 57 Old 03-08-2015, 09:21 PM

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
I don't know how I missed this. Congrats bren!!!! He is so stinking cute. Did you name him liam because his daddy's name is william? My dads name is William and his mom is from ireland and that is why my sons middle name is leeiam. We spelled it funny because my grandpas name was Lee. So we wanted to incorporate him too..
#52 of 57 Old 03-08-2015, 10:45 PM

Mentioned: 121 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Congratulations!! Love his sweet expressive face -- what a cutie!

Jen 
, mom to DD13
 and DS8 
  and six 
 ('01, '06, '13, '13, '14, '14).
#53 of 57 Old 03-08-2015, 11:26 PM - Thread Starter

@cowchick530 Yep! His birth certificate says William Christopher but we'll always call him Liam.

June 18th, 2014

#54 of 57 Old 03-09-2015, 08:44 AM

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Congrats on your beautiful boy, Brenna!

Mama to a dd 10/05; ds 3/09, dd 2/15 and two angels. Expecting another miracle 7/16!
#55 of 57 Old 03-09-2015, 10:25 PM

Mentioned: 66 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
@bren94 Big congratulations!! I'm sorry I wasn't here to post while you were in labor, but please know I was cheering you on from the sidelines. I'm so glad your Liam is here safe and sound!

#56 of 57 Old 03-10-2015, 09:24 PM

Mentioned: 65 Post(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Congratulations! I'm totally impressed you were posting real time during labor!
#57 of 57 Old 03-10-2015, 11:29 PM - Thread Starter

@sarahjs I wish I could take more credit for it. Once I had the epi my labor consisted of gossiping with my sister and taking short naps until I felt the urge to push!

June 18th, 2014

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page