Mothering Forum banner

Weekly Chat Thread 5/19-5/25

1K views 44 replies 17 participants last post by  apeydef 
#1 ·
Hey ladies!! How's everyone this monday morning? I am feeling pretty good. We finally made our "FB official" pregnancy announcement last night, so it feels more "real" now. :) I also heard the babe's heartbeat for the first time last Thursday, so I'm feeling a lot better about the pregnancy in general. My first prenatal is tomorrow with my home birth midwife! YAY! So happy to be planning another low-intervention and peaceful pregnancy/birth. This is my 4th kid (6th pregnancy) and I have experienced a lot in the last 6 years. Induction, epidural, cesarean, PPD/PTSD, natural hypnobabies hospital VBAC, two back to back miscarriages, severe obstetric hemorrhage with multiple transfusions and emergency d+c, home water birth. I am hoping for another low key, low-risk, complication free, "boring" pregnancy and birth!!

11 weeks! Can't wait to be out of this first trimester!!!

How is everyone else feeling? Symptoms? Have you made announcements? How is life in general?

#2 ·
Nausea was lessening, but then came back with a vengeance two days ago. I actually took one of my hoarded Zofran yesterday because I had to work, and just five hours destroyed me. I'm getting really hungry all the time, and am less grumpy but more weepy (in a positive way, like to good song lyrics, etc.)

I have my first CNM appt on Thursday and will be 10w4d, so I hope to hear the HB. Even though I only saw one flicker at the 6w1d US, I would still swear I had two in there based on the severity of my tiredness and nausea. I guess I'm just old.

Dh has been grumpy for personal reasons, but cooked and did the dishes on both weekend days, which was awesome. He will be away for two days, and I think there will be a lot of takeout in there.
greensad.gif

#4 ·
Hi ladies! My nausea seems to have subsided! I'll be 10 weeks on wed. I got a phone call from my OB herself. (She doesn't usually call. It's usually a nurse or someone.) she said that bc my beta number was so high there is a possibility it's twins. She asked me if they run in the family. Well my Gma had twins. I didn't get an early ultrasound and didn't plan on it until 18-20 weeks. Well now we are bc she says I really should to see if it's twins. It's weird bc my preg. Test was super dark when I took it , almost darker than the control, so it crossed my mind then bc I knew my hormones must be high. Just don't know what to think!!

#8 ·
I have my first appointment with the midwife in a couple of hours and am getting nervous. With my other two successful pregnancies I was so sick and pukey until well after 12 weeks. Today I am 10w3days and feel fine, albeit a little tired. I haven't gotten really sick once and there were only a couple of really bad days. I know I shouldn't complain but my first pregnancy ended with a miscarriage at 10.5 weeks and I also wasn't very sick, so I am nervous. However I look really pregnant, so I am hoping that I just feel better because I don't have gallbladder issues anymore. Just hearing the heartbeat will make me feel so much better.

#9 ·
Yesterday was a hard day; we travelled the 2.5 hours for the appt, I had my blood drawn, a scan and a late 2 hr appt. The scan put me at 12/22 which is a big change from 12/09! It was a super long day and Im super tired and cramping a bit. I think from the stress of a long, over-full day. We didn't get to hear a heartbeat because I am too early. But this morning I felt little flutterings under my pubic bone that I am almost certain was baby.?.

Im tired and discouraged.

#10 ·
Oh, and also? My state has begun making changes to the hb law this month and they are really making a mess of it! I have to fill out a bunch of paperwork and there are legal ramifications for random things like missing a weigh in AND I now have to consult an ob or physician to get permission because I have had five kids! I am so frustrated. its a huge mess.

#13 ·
So, on a positve note, this pregnancy has helped my husband and I see the importance of our marriage and family. So after 6 months of being seperated, we decided to move back in with each other and give it another try. Fingers crossed it works out!

#14 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo201434 View Post

So, on a positve note, this pregnancy has helped my husband and I see the importance of our marriage and family. So after 6 months of being seperated, we decided to move back in with each other and give it another try. Fingers crossed it works out!
That's good news!

#16 ·
Midwife was a little nervous yesterday that I had said I wasn't really sick this time around so she did a quick ultrasound in the exam room. Baby was healthy and kicking. Heartbeat was between 160 and 170. She said I was measuring big so I have an appointment for dating tomorrow. What a relief . . .the first couple of months are the hardest in my book. Sick or not sick there is a constant fear something is going to go poorly until you can get that first reassurance. Now if only I could get my headache to go away.

#17 ·
I had my first prenatal appointment on Monday (10 wks) and got to hear the heartbeat! I've had so many negative things happening in my personal life lately that it felt wonderful to finally get some good news. The CNM gave me a sample of some Diclegis for nausea, which has helped a lot, but it does make me super tired, so I'm not sure if I'll continue. Most days I can fight through the sick feelings, but not on days when I teach. It's difficult to maintain my energy and keep cool when I feel like I'm gonna vomit on the students every time I open my mouth. I am looking toward the horizon, visualizing my sickness subsiding with the end of the first trimester. Almost there!

#18 ·
Im at my appt and the doc has not been able to find the baby on ultrasound. She's not sure whats what so im doing blood tests and a formal ultrasound in radiology. Trying to fill my bladder now.

Im feeling numb and want to cry but im not giving up hope yet. I havent told my husband yet.

#22 ·
Oh Mo, I'm so so sorry. I'm sending lots of hope and positive thoughts. Maybe it was just a machine error. I hope you get really good news soon.

#23 ·
11 weeks 1 day and I think the nausea is subsiding a little. Food aversions this pregnancy are horrible. My pregnancy with DD was great, very little MS and I felt fantastic throughout the entire 39 weeks. This time I have just about every negative pregnancy symptom in the book!

#24 ·
Mine come and go; you are about where I thought I was in my pregnancy, lol. Turns out Im only 9 weeks. dating pregnancy while breastfeeding turned out unreliable for me.

I have aversions too. Everytime. This time though, it's even to things that are my no fail go to's, like eating out. We hit up two of my regular restaurant loves while on our prenatal day trip and I hated both!

Typically, it's only anything Ive made that I can't stand. Whatev.

#25 ·
Had my 3rd ultrasound and the tech found the baby! All is well! I'm 9 weeks and the baby is measuring at 8w6days with a strong heartbeat of 178. I am overjoyed right now! CAn't wait to tell hubby when he gets home.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.