Facebook Group - Mothering Forums
 22Likes

#1 of 40 Old 11-04-2014, 12:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Facebook Group

Hey ladies!

The consensus seems to be that most want to move to a FB group sooner rather than later!

So, in order to start our Facebook group, I need to be Facebook friends with some/most of you.

If you are comfortable, please send me a PM with your Facebook name (even better would be a link straight to your profile!!!) so I can add you as a friend and get our group created. Would you prefer the group to be "closed" (anyone can find group or see who is in it but only members can see posts) or "secret" (only members can find the group and see posts)?

We will be able to post over there and over here as we are getting everyone moved over. I would still LOVE it if we posted our birth stories/announcements here on MDC to inspire others.

I was one of the last to give birth in my last DDC and I appreciated that some mamas still kept active with the board on MDC even after their babies were born... even if we are gradually shifting to the FB group, please do check in here occasionally to offer encouragement to the mamas still waiting for their babies!!

*~*~*~*~**~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*

UPDATE!

Here is our group!!!!! Please request to join so we can all be together there, too!!!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/December2014DDC/
tarabelle likes this.

RN, IBCLC. DS is 6, DD1 is 4, DD2 is 1! DD3 due in December!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Chapsie; 11-05-2014 at 07:23 AM. Reason: update!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 40 Old 11-04-2014, 04:45 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
I would prefer secret I think.

Crystal (37) married to LPN DH (41)
, mama to
(7/07),
(1/09), and

(7/11) and
(1/16)

#3 of 40 Old 11-04-2014, 04:47 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I prefer closed/secret group.

#4 of 40 Old 11-04-2014, 05:13 PM

Mentioned: 195 Post(s)
Quoted: 177 Post(s)
I would prefer closed-secret
#5 of 40 Old 11-04-2014, 05:45 PM

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
If we do secret it's very difficult for people from the DDC to find us if they come late, but I'm fine with either. I think my daughter's DDC was closed for a long time and we switched to secret after we were sure everyone who was coming had made the transition.
swimming-duck and tarabelle like this.

Beautiful baby girl born 8/13/2012. Little star baby lost at 10 weeks pregnant, 12/18/2013. Rainbow baby girl born 12/22/2014.
#6 of 40 Old 11-04-2014, 05:46 PM

I think Lilytiger's suggestion makes sense.

, mama to
(7/07),
(1/09), and

(7/11) and
(1/16)

#7 of 40 Old 11-04-2014, 06:12 PM

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
I don't really have an opinion about the FB group... But I did want to comment on what you've said about being due at the end of the month chapsie. I was in the Dec07 DDC and that was exactly what happened- all the mamas that birthed near the beginning of the month had long threads full of congratulations but by christmas there was barely a visit to the DDC. There were mamas posting about their labors, babies or needing support during Christmas week and many threads went ignored. I promise to continue checking in even on Christmas Day! I know we'll all be very busy and we can only cram so much into the busy holiday days, but let's try our best to sneak online if/when we can until we've greeted every baby.

North Idaho rural living 
 mama to: 24 yo DD, 18 yo DS, 10 yo DS, 8 yo DS, 6 yr old DS, 4 yo DD, 3 yo DS, and our toddler boy!
God willing, someone new is coming in Jan. 2017!
#8 of 40 Old 11-04-2014, 06:57 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
I'm cool with the group being closed, then secret later or never. I'll try to make sure I come over here after I have my baby, I can't imagine going through what zjande described. That would be very lonely/awful fealing.
#9 of 40 Old 11-04-2014, 07:19 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I am due early Dec but promise to keep checking all month. I just love hearing all the birth stories and seeing the babies/ and the names!!
tarabelle likes this.
#10 of 40 Old 11-04-2014, 08:56 PM - Thread Starter

I Facebook friend requested those of you who sent me PMs.

I will start the group off as "closed" so that it is easier to add new members. We can eventually switch to secret.

And thank you for being so understanding about checking in all December and into January! The end of the DDC month can be lonely for a mama who is still waiting on her little one!

Thanks friends! Much love to all of you!!
zjande and swimming-duck like this.

#11 of 40 Old 11-04-2014, 09:19 PM

Yes! Don't forget to check mid January. I'm due 12/27, so that's likely where I'll be...lol! My DS2 was due June 26th and was born July 12th...lol. I was very fortunate and did NOT experience what you did zjande. So sorry that happened to you!
Chapsie and tarabelle like this.

, mama to
(7/07),
(1/09), and

(7/11) and
(1/16)

#12 of 40 Old 11-04-2014, 09:58 PM - Thread Starter

Okie Doke! The group has been created.

It is called "December 2014 Due Date Club!" on FB.

Please join!
swimming-duck likes this.

#13 of 40 Old 11-04-2014, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapsie View Post
Okie Doke! The group has been created.

It is called "December 2014 Due Date Club!" on FB.

Please join!
Thank you, I really appreciate the work you've done for us
tarabelle likes this.
#14 of 40 Old 11-04-2014, 10:49 PM

When I search for it I'm told it doesn't exist. I wonder if that's because it's a secret group? I'll just send you a PM Chapsie.

North Idaho rural living 
 mama to: 24 yo DD, 18 yo DS, 10 yo DS, 8 yo DS, 6 yr old DS, 4 yo DD, 3 yo DS, and our toddler boy!
#15 of 40 Old 11-05-2014, 07:12 AM - Thread Starter

Hmm, no, it's a closed group (not secret) so I thought we'd be able to search for it. Hmm... Why do things have to be difficult? Haha.
#16 of 40 Old 11-05-2014, 07:21 AM - Thread Starter

https://www.facebook.com/groups/December2014DDC/

Ok... try this! Click the link and see if you can request to join!!

#17 of 40 Old 11-05-2014, 10:21 AM

I found it when I searched
Chapsie likes this.
#18 of 40 Old 11-05-2014, 11:19 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Found it!
#19 of 40 Old 11-12-2014, 09:51 PM

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 147 Post(s)
Hello pregnant mamas.

I've not been following your conversations so I'm not sure what the reason is behind wanting to move to Facebook. Anyone care to tell? We value all of our community members so if there's anything we can do to improve things here to keep everyone in their DDC for the long run I'll certainly try.

#20 of 40 Old 11-12-2014, 10:55 PM

For me is just easier to communicate in Facebook. I get updates when there's a post, I can easily upload a photo, I can even respond to updates easier than here. I loved the MDC forums for years, and I still love coming here for like minded mothers to form a DDC, if I still used my desk top I'd probably still love it here like I did years ago.

Honestly, if this group hadn't gotten so tiny after the format changes I would have happily became a lurker. But, it was pretty depressing here so I force myself to deal with my issues so that no one was left feeling alone. (And so the whole group didn't rely on the few who were trying to hold us together)
MamaNicole likes this.
#21 of 40 Old 11-12-2014, 10:56 PM

That probably sounds more dour than I intended. Sorry
#22 of 40 Old 11-12-2014, 11:41 PM

Posting on FB is worlds easier and faster from my iPhone (which I spend all my online time on) and my posts don't disappear when I click submit. But most of all, we can easily post pictures on FB! I was getting nervous as we approached our edds that the photo posting would remain broken here and we wouldn't get to enjoy seeing lots and lots of newborn pictures! I'm so glad we have our FB group to go picture posting crazy in!

North Idaho rural living 
#23 of 40 Old 11-13-2014, 04:25 AM

Posting pictures is easier. It quicker to post on Facebook too and we get notifications.
#24 of 40 Old 11-16-2014, 09:02 AM

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Quoted: 147 Post(s)
Well, we can definitely give you privacy. I don't know if we can give you a better photo upload but I could push for it if it would make a difference for you guys. As for responding to updates, I haven't had any issues doing so on my phone so I'm not sure what the problem is. But do let me know if you want me to go for the private forum and an upgrade in photo posting. I can certainly do that.

The notifications issue has been reported several times and I think they are trying to figure out what the problem is. But I'll look into that again.

#25 of 40 Old 11-21-2014, 03:21 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
I noticed that the board is really quiet these days - is everyone over on FB or is this the calm before the storm?

I just requested to join the FB group. My initials are JTL and my profile picture is me on a beach with my boys - in case you're wondering who the heck the request is from!

Happy mumma to my boys Henny Tom (Nov 30, 2008), Arlo Odie (Oct 5, 2010), and baby SISTER! due mid-Dec 2014.
#26 of 40 Old 11-21-2014, 03:43 PM

Yeah, there's a lot of action in the FB group. I'm still checking here everyday too.

North Idaho rural living 
#27 of 40 Old 11-21-2014, 09:37 PM

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
I'm sad about the FB group. I don't have FB for very good reasons and this just means saying goodbye for me.
#28 of 40 Old 11-21-2014, 09:39 PM

I go on both, so don't leave Galatea!
#29 of 40 Old 11-21-2014, 11:44 PM

I still come here a few times a day!
#30 of 40 Old 11-22-2014, 01:03 PM

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Quoted: 117 Post(s)
I try to come on here, but my phone and tablet like to switch between the two different mobile interfaces. It gets annoying sometimes.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page