January Chat Thread! - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
 5Likes

#31 of 90 Old 01-09-2015, 10:09 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
It's wonderful to jump on here and see everyone else's stories. I'm ready, ready to be done! I'm 40+2 now. I know that isn't very "late" but I'm uncomfortable from head to toes around the clock!

I keep thinking about natural induction methods as well, but does anything REALLY work? I've been hearing about castor oil for years, but have recently been hearing that is a bad idea for various reasons.

I haven't had any BH contractions this time around at all. Maybe 3 times I've felt some cramping really low for a few minutes at a time over the past 10 days. I was checked at my last visit because I was curious as to what was going on. I'm 2 cm dilated and 75% effaced. I know that really has no bearing on when or how long labor will be, but I'm glad I know.

Today is when I have help with the weekly house cleaning. Maybe I'll feel like everything is "just right" and go in to labor!~! Also, DH said I can go get a pedicure today so I'm really looking forward to that. Maybe when they massage my feet they will send me into labor! HA! I can hope, right?! I think I'll take my oldest DD with me for some special time before we have FIVE little ones around here.

Catholic, SAHM, Married 6 yrs.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, (Miscarried Sept. '08 April '09 & Jan. '14) DD is 4, DS is 2, DS born 1/15 We had a wonderful 
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
with both boys. I'm also a foster mom to a beautiful baby girl. 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 90 Old 01-09-2015, 11:16 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
still no baby here. no big surprise, lol.

Lilly(me,37)+ David(DH,40)+ Anwara(11)+ River(7)+Leaf(6)+ Autumn(4)+ Hanna 1 (newborn)=1 crunchy weird-named happy family, with.. 1 pony, 1
, 1
, and about 6
#33 of 90 Old 01-09-2015, 12:41 PM

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
OklaFarmMama, I'm sorry people are being obnoxious with their comments. My younger brother is 16 months younger than me and we both turned out OK! I didn't feel like I was neglected at all growing up because I had such a close sibling. And it was nice having a playmate that close in age. I don't know if my mother was still breastfeeding me when my brother was born, though. I'm glad you found a support group for advice.

We received our first delivery from the diaper service this morning, so I am all ready for this baby! He didn't agree with me that 1/8/15 made a nice birthday, apparently, but hopefully he likes 1/9 better?

#34 of 90 Old 01-09-2015, 05:00 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
This waiting around is hard, huh?! I had my midwife appt this morning and it was positive. She swept my membranes and said I am dilated to a 3/4 and she was able to stretch me to a 5 or more. Not sure how excited I should get about those numbers. She thought that meant my body has been doing a lot of the work already and there might not be a very long early labor stage this time around. I am trying to gear myself up in case things start to pick up. I took a nice walk after the appt and have been having some irregular contractions since, and more general crampiness. I feel like things might be happening, but it's so hard to know for sure...every time I've thought that the last couple weeks, things have subsided. I am trying to rest and relax for now...feeling a bit anxious
#35 of 90 Old 01-10-2015, 01:22 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Thank you all I feel loved.
My mom had her first 3 within 3 years, one of my brothers was born one week befor my third birthday...I guess that's why I always think of him as my "baby brother" even tho I've got two more even younger then him.
I hope me and NB don't wake DD ether. But even if she didn't nurse at night DH works nights. He is going to turn the crib into a sidecar sleeper so DD can do all her crazy flopping around in there. She's a pretty heavy sleeper tho, so we should be okay.

My parents and one of my brothers surprised us with a new dresser for our girls today. Its so pretty. It would have been a month or two before we could have bought our own. I also picked up the last of my birth supplies today....I hope. Just more pads, a candle, new shower curtain cuz ours was so dingy and I'm sure I'll want in there at some point.
I also went to the chiropractor today. DD and I both got worked on. She now has no signs of a cold, and when we woke up this morning her eyes where all junked up. It's amazing what it can do for you. I mite go again before I have this baby.

The things my body is doing at this point reminds me of what it did with DD. I'll just be on standby for the next couple of weeks. I think I'm loosing my plug a little at a time now.
Today it felt like this little girl was trying to burrow her way out as I was walking around the store.
#36 of 90 Old 01-10-2015, 05:32 AM

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
got our last round of ultrasound results.. as of a few days ago, they are estimating the baby's current weight at 9 lbs, 4 oz. but u/s measurements can be off. they are sending me for an OB consult some time next week, just waiting for my appointment time. i'm hoping to have the baby before that appointment, because i'm sure the OB will recommend a hospital induction and i really don't want that.

i'm 39 weeks today though, and no signs that anything has started.. mucus plug still intact. lots of b-h contractions, but nothing that feels remotely 'real' yet. i do feel lots of pressure with the contrax though, i think the baby is sitting nice and low.

i've had two rounds of acupuncture so far, but no signs of labour. i'd be willing to try just about anything to avoid the hospital! i have a midwife apppointment on monday, i am going to ask for a stretch and sweep then (if baby isn't out yet...). my cousin is here now (yea!), we are just waiting on babykins

Momma to K ('01), E ('03) and A ('07)

Proud Gestational Surrogate to N (15/01/15)
#37 of 90 Old 01-10-2015, 10:04 PM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
I am 40 weeks + 5 days and a FTM...

I know it is very normal for baby to be late, but I am starting to feel jealous of all the people whose due date was after mine and have their babies already...

I know that is pretty silly. DH is also impatient about the baby's arrival and I just told him that the longer babies stay in the womb, the cuter and sturdier they get...

I've had two days of a mixture of cramps and contractions. Not much else. I do feel a little nervous about increasing my hospital visits and monitoring, though. I would really like for my baby to come before my doctor becomes too concerned...
#38 of 90 Old 01-11-2015, 10:33 AM

Mentioned: 547 Post(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelley4 View Post
got our last round of ultrasound results.. as of a few days ago, they are estimating the baby's current weight at 9 lbs, 4 oz. but u/s measurements can be off. they are sending me for an OB consult some time next week, just waiting for my appointment time. i'm hoping to have the baby before that appointment, because i'm sure the OB will recommend a hospital induction and i really don't want that.

i'm 39 weeks today though, and no signs that anything has started.. mucus plug still intact. lots of b-h contractions, but nothing that feels remotely 'real' yet. i do feel lots of pressure with the contrax though, i think the baby is sitting nice and low.

i've had two rounds of acupuncture so far, but no signs of labour. i'd be willing to try just about anything to avoid the hospital! i have a midwife apppointment on monday, i am going to ask for a stretch and sweep then (if baby isn't out yet...). my cousin is here now (yea!), we are just waiting on babykins

Stalking you mama. I did not realize that we are so close. I'm having my baby in 1 week and 5 days... Yes, I. Counting. Did you know xerxella had hers?? Do you still read through the thread??? Hope baby comes soon for you!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
#39 of 90 Old 01-11-2015, 08:07 PM

Here is something different I've got going on. Smells. This pregnancy I have hardly been bothered by smells at all. Now the closer I get the more I smell, and the less I like it. Just the other night I ate some chips and dip, next afternoon my brother sits next to me with the same dip and I almost gag. And it's only getting worse. It's almost funny.

Yesterday I cleaned a good amount. Trying to stay at it today but I'm really tired, and my nap sucked. I was uncomfortable and had funky dreams. My mom came over to help me fill the dresser she got me, not sure if we'll get to it tonight or not. But her company is nice.
#40 of 90 Old 01-12-2015, 06:15 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
i'm supposed to have baby in 9 days. yes, i've been counting also. lets hope!

Lilly(me,37)+ David(DH,40)+ Anwara(11)+ River(7)+Leaf(6)+ Autumn(4)+ Hanna 1 (newborn)=1 crunchy weird-named happy family, with.. 1 pony, 1
, 1
, and about 6
#41 of 90 Old 01-12-2015, 06:18 AM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Hey I have new stuff going on too. It feels close to what I felt like the first trimester. I've been feeling great during the day, like cleaning and organizing, taking long walks, yesterday I even jogged up and down a big hill over and over with my boys. BUT...once like 5 pm hits, it all goes south. I get nauseous, stomach achy, gassy, in a funky exhausted mood, can't smile, want to be alone but have too much to do to be alone because I am sooooo nesty that I can't let myself relax until x, y and z are done, my family is bugging me (especially DH). Certain foods are not sounding appealing anymore. And I get a lot of stronger BH, which seems linked to the tummy upset. This has been happening nearly every night for like two weeks. I am going to be 40 weeks this Wed, so in two days. I fully expect to still be pregnant the following Wed, even though every one hopes it happens this coming weekend. Thinking about this, I feel really relaxed but it hit me only today that if I pass 41 weeks significantly, all my family help will be gone. What if this baby doesn't come when we need her to? My mother flies in in 4 days and is staying for 10. BUT if I am very late, she will leave before I ever go into labor. That thought sucks the joy right out. Because then I'll only have help for a week from DH. Then it's only me. With three kids under 4. That thought is bugging me. So now I feel pressured to have the baby sooner. But we all know a baby won't come when you want, so what the heck I am supposed to do with this realization and knowledge that it might not work out perfectly? I am going to need to journal about this and come to a better place with it. I know if I ask, my mother would stay for longer, but that would ALSO be tough on the whole family because she is going to stay in our living room on the couch and we only have one bathroom (it is a tiny old colonial house). HMMMMmmmmmmmmm.

Wife to my Sweetness and Light, DH (03), WAHM to DS('01), DS('11), and DS('13) and our first, beloved DD('15). Encouraging mothers everywhere to write for their lives. Expecting our last rainbow baby January 2018. MMC Saorise Mar at 13 weeks will always be in our hearts. <3
#42 of 90 Old 01-12-2015, 10:55 AM

I guess I'm not alone on the return of 1st trimester symptoms! For me it's my pregnancy acne. My chin is completely breaking out and it's driving me nuts.
My due date was yesterday, and no baby yet. Doesn't seem like today will be the day either. I'm getting really impatient - they will want to induce if I don't have the baby by 41 weeks, so I'm hoping things progress on their own before then. I feel like everyone I know who's had their labor induced has ended up with a c-section. I'm really hoping to avoid that.
#43 of 90 Old 01-12-2015, 11:02 AM

Hmmm, who hasn't been on in a while? Greenmamma hasn't, and had taken CO and said it didn't work, but maybe it kicked in after she posted??! Who else could be havin' a baby soon or is already snuggled up with one? Guesses?

Wife to my Sweetness and Light, DH (03), WAHM to DS('01), DS('11), and DS('13) and our first, beloved DD('15). Encouraging mothers everywhere to write for their lives. Expecting our last rainbow baby January 2018. MMC Saorise Mar at 13 weeks will always be in our hearts. <3
#44 of 90 Old 01-12-2015, 11:05 AM

ajoye, I've had two very successful natural labors in the water that were technically induced with cervical ripening gel and/or castor oil. Would you consider either of those before Pitocin? I handled the labor fine, without any kind of pain relief, and they were fast labors 3 hours. Are you waiting full on or are you trying any natural labor encouraging activities these days?

I am considering getting a S&S this Friday when I am two days past EDD. I wasn't going to but I really do want to try to have baby come while I have ample support.

#45 of 90 Old 01-12-2015, 11:44 AM

I'm pretty much waiting at this point - the only things I'm doing is trying to do a lot of walking and sex (which is ridiculously awkward at this point). I remember reading/hearing that castor oil may not be a good idea but now I can't remember why. I think maybe it's the diarrhea? As someone with a history of gastrointestinal issues I'm not really anxious to try anything that will do that on purpose. At my last appointment on Wednesday my OB offered to strip the membranes but I said no, because I remember deciding that wasn't something I wanted to do either, but of course I can't remember why either. I just tried to look it up again and it is usually described as a safe method. Maybe the risk of PROM, and getting put on the clock?
I know I'm only 1 day beyond my due date, but I'm kind of wondering how accurate my due date was in the first place. If I go by LMP (not counting the fake period I had in May) my due date would be 1/16. The earlier date is from my 20 week ultrasound. I'm kind of thinking anywhere in between could be my actual 40 week date. I feel like saying they'll cut me off at 1 week beyond my due date seems like it doesn't take into account natural variation, or errors in due date estimation.
#46 of 90 Old 01-12-2015, 02:12 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I'm still here. Just gestating (and reading). The castor oil never did anything for me and I ended up needing a Fleet enema. It really helped! Today I had my 39 week visit and I let her sweep my membranes. She talked about how I must have a super strong sac. I really do. Two of my 4 births involved my water breaking at crowning. We shall see if anything comes of the sweeping I had today. It didn't hurt and she mentioned that I have a "very favorable" cervix. I am tired of having contractions all day that lead to fizzling out overnight. Blah.
#47 of 90 Old 01-12-2015, 03:23 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Ugh! I'm here at 40+5. No signs of baby coming. I'm absolutely miserable! I'm mad at the world to go along with that. My DH either doesn't understand or doesn't care that moving from one room to another is literally too much right now! I have a few things that require a lot of energy and absolutely must be done by Wednesday at noon. I thought my mom, who lives only an hour away, would be here to help me not only with my miserably huge state of pregnancy, but also with a newborn and 3 other kids. Nope! My *spiteful* sister asked her to come help her this week in the next state over. Then my mom planned a trip to GA from Jan. 22-Feb.4! What!? I was counting on her help.

I am obviously very grumpy, but I am still glad a new blessing is on the way and grateful for God's gift that I can get pregnant and have had a healthy pregnancy to this point.

Catholic, SAHM, Married 6 yrs.
, (Miscarried Sept. '08 April '09 & Jan. '14) DD is 4, DS is 2, DS born 1/15 We had a wonderful 
with both boys. I'm also a foster mom to a beautiful baby girl. 
#48 of 90 Old 01-12-2015, 06:14 PM

I am 41 weeks today and my doctor says that they don't let anyone go over 42 weeks so I hope baby decides to take the plunge soon...

DH and I went for a hike and my innards got really overwhelmed, once again. I have lower back pain, but only when I leave the house and walk around.

Like the rest of you I am just waiting around...
#49 of 90 Old 01-12-2015, 08:14 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
38 weeks today! Feeling more nauseous in the evenings (I think that's because there's no more room for my tummy) and the pubic bone is really sore sometimes. Hard to get dressed, sleep, etc. Other than that, feeling ok. No signs of baby coming anytime soon, so not holding my breath yet!

Me (30) and DH (30), DS (7/1/08), DD (12/1/11) and expecting a new little boy end of January 2015!  
#50 of 90 Old 01-13-2015, 06:16 PM

Mentioned: 93 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
I've been stalking you mama's I'm due Feb 2, but probably won't have the baby until at least the 9th since I usually go past the due date.

Anyway, just wanted to say: Hang in there!!!! It's the hardest part, but it's all over soon!!!! Having no signs of labor doesn't mean you can't have a baby in your arms tomorrow... you just never know! Don't get discouraged. Try to find a way to do something extra relaxing to take your mind off being pregnant for a bit. I know it's hard especially when the hospital puts you on a deadline. I face a deadline too (42 weeks) and then I become an automatic c/s since I am a VBACer and they won't induce me. Gotta relax and realize it's out of your hands. YOU ARE STRONG!

Can't wait to see some baby updates

(and now I go back to lurking...)

Corrie, "trad" Catholic, wife to DH and Mom to DD (4/07), DS (2/09), DD (2/11), DD (4/13), two angel babies. 
#51 of 90 Old 01-13-2015, 06:46 PM - Thread Starter

cagnew - Thanks for the encouraging post! You and I are only about a week apart.

It's a quiet little January board, but all nice, encouraging women. It does feel rather strange that it's actually mid-Jan already. I don't know how the time passed so quickly! I hope you're doing well also and glad you stopped in.

Me (30) and DH (30), DS (7/1/08), DD (12/1/11) and expecting a new little boy end of January 2015!  
#52 of 90 Old 01-13-2015, 09:28 PM

I thought my baby was coming last night because there was so much activity in my lower abdomen, but the pain persisted and moved up to my back and upper torso and then I became very ill.

I spent the night throwing up, I couldn't hold water or ice chips down. Not feeling so hot today either...

Thank you for cheering us up @cagnew . I do worry about being induced as the days go by. 41 weeks+1 day today... Ughhh...

And because it is so hard to eat and move around, there aren't that many things which seem relaxing to me. I just want to lay around and wallow at my stomach cramps...
#53 of 90 Old 01-14-2015, 06:26 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
39+4 days today. had the midwives do a stretch and sweep yesterday, not much changes today other than i lost the rest of my mucus plug (it has been coming out in small bits, this was a huge chunk). if baby isn't out by tomorrow afternoon, they will do another stretch and sweep. trying our best to avoid hospital induction!!!

had two crummy night's sleep in a row. i really need to catch up on some rest so that i'll be ready for labour! today, i'm doing as little as possible... couch + tv sounds good to me.

Momma to K ('01), E ('03) and A ('07)

Proud Gestational Surrogate to N (15/01/15)
#54 of 90 Old 01-14-2015, 06:40 AM

shelly4 - I hope it work for you!

Shweetface - I hope you are in labor now or holding your tiny babe!

cagnew - Thanks for the morale boost.

I'm so tired of this stop and start stuff. When I went to bed last night the contractions were 5 minutes apart and feeling pretty uncomfortable. I could still move through them, but some were bringing me to a stop. Even waking me up, but I could roll over and go back to sleep. By 3am though they stopped/slowed and they haven't really picked back up. Oh, and there was so. much. mucus! My unders were pretty much damp all day and I had to go poop many times (loose poop, not constipation poop! woohooo!). I was pretty convinced it was going to lead to something, I even let me sister (who's going to be there) know about it. But here we are in a new day. Baby, come out!
#55 of 90 Old 01-14-2015, 06:16 PM

Greenmama that sounds a like me a few nights ago. But nothing else exciting has happened yet. But you can add restlessness, nausea, and hot flashes to the mix.

39 weeks today. So tired yesterday was a long one and my night was not very restful. Went to the chiropractor today, planing on going back Friday, and Monday. MWs asked me to go twice a week just too keep things set up nice. Saw the MWs yesterday, they are getting excited because of all the crazy stuff my body is doing. It seems to be going much more nutty this time then when I had DD.

Other then some physical discomforts things are pretty good here. My mama dog never returned, but the pups will soon go to wonderful homes. DH has an interview of sorts tomorrow morning. My mother has been over the top helpful, and buying stuff for both DD and this baby. She is the only person in my family who will actually go out of her way to buy me cloth diapers. She bought me 6 NB AIOs/AI2s yesterday. And some nice baby gates, along with some other little things.

I'm going to try for a nap.

Sending good wishes of progress out to you all
#56 of 90 Old 01-14-2015, 06:34 PM

The nausea and restlessness have definitely been going on here too. Though at least it led to quite a clean house last night (at 11pm...). The hot flashes are getting ridiculous! I'm so thankful for my sweet husband who keeps reminding me that my body is doing a lot of preparation work and it is good.
#57 of 90 Old 01-15-2015, 01:43 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Sending well wishes to you all! I'm still around stalking, just don't feel I have much to say since baby is here now.

Me 24 
 DH 28. First 
 6 May. Aiden Paul born 8 Jan 15
Second
21 Nov, EDD (It's a girl!) Aug 1
#58 of 90 Old 01-15-2015, 06:22 AM

Eternity!!! Not much to say??!! first time mom...how's it going? How is breastfeeding? Recovery? I hope things are working out smoothly. I ALWAYS have breastfeeding issues that bring me to tears the first week PP. Usually incredibly sore, cracked, bleeding nipples. I am trying to take precautions this time and I have gel pads, cabbage stocked, lanolin, and I can't find my nipple protectors, but will buy more if need be. Generally it is because I have bigger nipples than newborn baby's tiny mouth, and I have oversupply issues every time.

Anyway, I go back and forth between bliss and impatience with waiting. But my impatience is not too bad. And short lived. It just takes me reminding myself that life right now is LESS chaotic and I am sleeping better than when she will arrive. So she can take her time. I must tell myself this often, especially when I am achy and swollen. I am SOOOOOO swollen right now. Hurts to move. But I still walked 3.5 miles yesterday and going to the chiro this morning. I consulted for free with a homeopath who recommended I take belladonna to help ease anxiety over baby arriving late and my family support leaving, so I did yesterday and we'll see if that helps me release my fear of being alone with toddlers and newborn soon after birth (if she is very late). My mother and sister arrive tomorrow. I am partially excited to have their company (my mother is good with little kids) and partially dread how picky/demanding/high-needs they are. And how moody and prone to being the opposite of my DH and I on just about everything. I am trying to let go and accept the help and use the time to really relax. This is my time to enjoy being totally buoyant. Watching and thinking and knitting. That's what I want this time to be. Peaceful and joyous.

#59 of 90 Old 01-15-2015, 03:13 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Ok I have a ton I could say, but didn't want to start in on all my newborn problems until more of you have your baby. lol

But since you asked, breastfeeding is going pretty good. I'm still sore every time he latches on though. Have been putting lanolin on them when I remember to. Tried to use a shield once and he hated it.

Recovery feels like I am finally getting there. I ended up being cut, and have so many stitches that I scare the nurses when they check them. The past 2 days have been good though, I can just about get off the couch without to much pain. Getting out of bed is still hard though. And I still can't bend down. Tried to get something out of the bottom of the fridge, almost fell back and then hubby got onto me for trying.

Sleeping WAS going good. He was on a 4 hours sleep,1- 1 1/2 hours of feeding, then back down for 4 hours. After I got to tell all friends how good he was at sleeping, he decided to toss a curve ball in it. Yesterday he was just to hot I think(summer here and no A/C) Which made him cranky. But was getting up for feeding 2 1/2-3 hours. Then last night After feeding he just would not go to sleep, hubby ended up staying up with him for 2 hours, finally got him down, the moment he went into his bed, he woke up. At that point he was hungry again, fed him, put him down, he woke up...then we gave up. Hubby put him in bed next to him, on his side, and he slept! He has been asleep for 3 hours now and counting. I just keep checking on him as he is still on his side, but he is so tired he really just needs to sleep and I don't want to risk moving him. I'm sure the child care people coming to see me today would not be impressed.

Then I'm having some questions about his poop. Right now it looks like someone just put a cooked and chopped spinach leaf in his diaper. From reading they said it could be due to iron in the mult vitamin I was taking. so didn't take it yesterday or today to see if that helps. The other thing I read was that it could be due to him not getting the hind milk, but I don't think that's the case since he normally feeds for 20-30 minutes on one side before he falls off and I offer the other side. Do I need to feed longer then that on each side? I feel like he pretty much gets everything out at that point.

Other then all that, he is happy and healthy. It's odd trying to go out as i'm trying to time it so he will just be fed and stay asleep. The first car ride on the way home he cried, and there was nothing I could do. I ended up crying with him. Mind you, since he found THAT cry, he uses it more at home to get our attention

Ok, think thats about everything my sleepy brain can think of

Me 24 
 DH 28. First 
 6 May. Aiden Paul born 8 Jan 15
Second
21 Nov, EDD (It's a girl!) Aug 1
#60 of 90 Old 01-15-2015, 04:54 PM - Thread Starter

Eternity - It's great to hear all about newborn life - bringing back memories and making it feel like it's almost really again for me!

Has he fully transitioned out of meconium poop? As in, did his poop turn yellow and seedy yet? If not, it could still be transition poop, but if it had been yellow, it could just be something you ate. Sounds like you are feeding long enough on each side to get a good balance of fore and hind milk.

And oh, enjoy the constantly changing newborn sleep patterns. I don't think they even get into a routine until at least 2 months, and even "sleep trainers," not that we ever used that, don't start with routines until then anyway.

Alright, kiddos started screaming, I gotta go!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page