January Chat Thread! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
 5Likes

#61 of 90 Old 01-15-2015, 04:58 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
I felt the same as eternity9111 LOL! I'm still checking to see who is next though! I will say, I didn't have any signs of impending labor, so don't give up hope, it'll be soon!

Breastfeeding was pretty difficult for us the first week, she barely ate & when I did get her on the breast she was asleep in seconds. Somehow she only went down from 7.2 to 6.12 or something. And this week she is at 7.14. Now she had learned mostly to nurse, though latching is still a little painful. Had a few little blood blisters that I was able to deal with semi quickly. Biggest problem now is she wants the breast for sleeping & I'm not sure how I feel about that. I go back to work at 8 weeks & DH needs to be able to get her to sleep.

Her poop was very sticky longer than we expected. Maybe because she wasn't nursing a lot at first? But we did go through a green stage & now are at yellow/Brown.

DH nicknamed her mouse because she barely cried in the hospital & makes all these different squeaky noises. I bet you won't be surprised when I tell you that she is quite the screamer now, making her nickname a lie!

My recovery is mostly good. I am having some terrible pain in my hip when I walk though. Follow up is tomorrow so I'll ask then. I can't look at the stitches, but that was the same as last time. Eternity91111 I found some CS recovery exercises on a website called breaking muscle you might want to check out.

Please ignore typos, I'm mobile.

Loving mama to
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
A (8/5/2010)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
R (1/3/2015) and DSD (16).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 90 Old 01-15-2015, 06:04 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
I have been checking in too, to see who is next I have been mostly in bed with the baby though and on my phone, which I hate typing on, so I haven't responded much. It sounds like people are getting closer to holding their babies. ..so exciting. Writermama, I love how you are approaching this waiting period with joy and reflection.

Eternity, the green poop sounds totally normal to me. I have heard debate about the foremilk and hindmilk. Some people say it's all mixed together when baby nurses so not to worry about it. I remember worrying a lot with my first baby. Breastfeeding seemed very complicated. It sounds like you are doing a wonderful job though, so give yourself a big pat on the back! One website I love is kellymom. It has tons of breastfeeding info. There are also some kellymom facebook forums I believed.

I noticed the December ddc has a post partum thread so I will start one here for us.

I wonder if anyone is in labor now as I type...
#63 of 90 Old 01-15-2015, 06:12 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Glad I'm not alone!

We did have mustard poop for a few days, then a mix of green and mustard, then just these green ones. Just asked hubby what the last one looked like and he said it was more yellow and poop like which is good! BTW this talking about baby poop, even me and hubby googleing it over dinner is quite funny and something I never thought I'd be doing!

Me 24 
 DH 28. First 
 6 May. Aiden Paul born 8 Jan 15
Second
21 Nov, EDD (It's a girl!) Aug 1

#64 of 90 Old 01-15-2015, 09:22 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
The poop and feeding sound normal/good to me... I remember car rides seemed to take all day because of all the stops on the side of the road to feed DD. It stressed me out, but I'm not going to let that happen this time. If I have to make 1, 2, 3, or even 4 stops before I get someplace so be it.

A friend asked how I was feeling today, and I said like it's the calm before the storm. I'd been extra tired all day, but now not so much... Watch me go into labor tonight, after DH had a crummy day with hardly any rest. I don't really want my main support wore out when I need him most. I'm glad my mom is only a phone call away...hopefully no matter when it happens DH can at least have some rest before hand. I've had this feeling like there wasn't any need for him to go to work tonight, but that's not enough for me to ask him to stay home.
I am feeling kinda nesty now. I think I'll fold some clothes.

Anyone else fighting prego brain? It had not been an issue until recently for me. I dislike it very very much.
#65 of 90 Old 01-15-2015, 10:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Yep, definitely fighting preggo brain recently. I can't seem to recall simple things.

Baby has dropped lower each day, so while I'm walking around less because it's uncomfortable, I should probably do more to get him in position. I think it was neonalee who said that she didn't have any pre-labor signs. Thanks! That makes me feel hopeful. Now to try to get some sleep so I can stay well rested just in case...

Me (30) and DH (30), DS (7/1/08), DD (12/1/11) and expecting a new little boy end of January 2015!  
#66 of 90 Old 01-16-2015, 06:09 AM

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
our surro-baby was born yesterday! 12:25pm, 9 lbs, 5.5 oz and 20.5" long. he's gorgeous. no meds, no stitches, and i had to work HARD to push every inch out. he had no moulding on his head, and his shoulders and chest were quite broad.

i'm feeling fantastic. just waiting for the exhaustion to take over, i'm sure it's coming soon. i think i'm still on that hormonal 'high'!

Momma to K ('01), E ('03) and A ('07)

Proud Gestational Surrogate to N (15/01/15)
#67 of 90 Old 01-16-2015, 09:04 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Well, water is definitely leaking, and contractions were a little more intense early this morning, but still kind of there now. I am assuming they will pick up more as the day goes on. (fingers crossed!)

Haven't called the midwives yet as I don't want to be "on the clock" quite yet. Soon... :-)

Me (30) and DH (30), DS (7/1/08), DD (12/1/11) and expecting a new little boy end of January 2015!  
#68 of 90 Old 01-16-2015, 09:40 AM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Oh, music, great news!! Sending ELVs to you today!

Wife to my Sweetness and Light, DH (03), WAHM to DS('01), DS('11), and DS('13) and our first, beloved DD('15). Encouraging mothers everywhere to write for their lives. Expecting our last rainbow baby January 2018. MMC Saorise Mar at 13 weeks will always be in our hearts. <3
#69 of 90 Old 01-16-2015, 12:30 PM

Mentioned: 547 Post(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
@Shelly 4 congrats!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
#70 of 90 Old 01-16-2015, 08:06 PM

NO, no preggo brain right now for me, but I've had it all pregnancy and now suddenly feel more relieved. Lots has changed in the past week. I can tell I'm nearing the end as I add it all up. I think baby will be here within a week. Of course, I could be wrong, but I don't suppose I will go beyond 41 weeks this time.

I had a S&S today. It hurt a lot. A lot more than I recall with my others. No, it hasn't ever put me into labor, but I am holding onto the check she did that I know says nothing about WHEN labor will occur, but makes me feel good to know that labor WILL occur at some point. I am a soft and stretchy 2 cm right now. Great. At least my body is considering labor at some point right?

After the S&S, I went for a about 1.5 mile walk with my sister in a mall (she just flew in today) and then after dinner, DH and I walked again for another 1.5 miles. I am very sore. Only the tiniest bit of tan tinged discharge though, which doesn't give me much hope. That's okay.

REally, I feel like I could keep waiting for her no problem if I had help that would stay for longer after birth, but the thought of not having anyone solid lined up is unfortunately making me feel anxious which isn't good for labor either...so that's why the S&S.

BTW, is anyone starving??!! Like I cannot fill the void, I eat and get super starving again soon after. It's nuts. like I'm already breastfeeding!

Wife to my Sweetness and Light, DH (03), WAHM to DS('01), DS('11), and DS('13) and our first, beloved DD('15). Encouraging mothers everywhere to write for their lives. Expecting our last rainbow baby January 2018. MMC Saorise Mar at 13 weeks will always be in our hearts. <3
#71 of 90 Old 01-17-2015, 07:15 PM

Yes I'm SO hungry now! It has actually cut into my sleep at times. DH keeps a protein shake in the fridge for me most of the time. I think part of it is that she has dropped so low now. I think if she gets any lower I won't even have to go into labor, her head will just pop out. Lol. Last night it felt like she was trying to burrow her way out. And putting pressure on everything down there. It was down right painful at times.
My midwife sent me a text this morning letting me know she would be an extra hour away tonight. So that puts her at 2 1/2 hours from me, I'm not worried about it tho.
#72 of 90 Old 01-17-2015, 08:14 PM

Seems soon for you Oklafarm. That is great.

Shelly, congrats and I wish you a speedy recovery.

So I've got a bunch of birthy type things going on today, which made everyone excited. The end is in sight, but tomorrow or a week from now..??? I lost my whole mucus plug today in two pieces after a long walk early this morning. And had sharp cervix pains. Then I got my most convincing string of false labor contractions while out to dinner and watch a movie with DH. I actually called my MW to give her a heads up that things were changing, but they fizzled. it felt similar to the lead up to my last labor: I had a very convincing bought of strong BH that fizzled and then I woke up in the middle of the night to strong active labor and had a baby 3 hours later. Don't think that will happen this time, but I feel like things are moving in a nice direction rather than start and stop without progress. Each day that passes brings me closer to my baby!

I also have been taking belladonna every day for several days to release my anxiety about NOT going into labor. I realized once the ctx were going that I actually am feeling a bit nervous about being in labor as well and don't feel ready quite yet for it to begin. How can I prepare my mind?

#73 of 90 Old 01-18-2015, 06:46 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
i'm having contractions, have been since 6:30 or so pm, the kids are all asleep (they went to bed early !!) so DH and i are watching tv and i'm drinking raspberry leaf tea. it's about 9:45 pm, so DH said that if i'ts more intense by 10:30, we have to call the midwives.

Lilly(me,37)+ David(DH,40)+ Anwara(11)+ River(7)+Leaf(6)+ Autumn(4)+ Hanna 1 (newborn)=1 crunchy weird-named happy family, with.. 1 pony, 1
, 1
, and about 6
#74 of 90 Old 01-20-2015, 03:39 PM

I'm not sure Writermama I've felt the same way my self at times.

My due date, and next MW app is tomorrow. Baby has dropped even lower, but nothing exciting has been going on.
I didn't feel too good this weekend. Had a sore throat, and cough....I never get a cough :/ now I've got a sore belly. I guess the muscles will be nice and toned for labor now right?
I felt awesome yesterday. But I can't make up my mind about today. I'm trying to think positively. I've gone a day farther this pregnancy then I did with my last.
DH stays so excited all the time now I think he is wearing him self out. All night long at work he hopes I'll call him and tell him to come home. Silly man.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the rest of my day...kinda bored right now.
#75 of 90 Old 01-20-2015, 07:48 PM

I'm so glad someone is still here to talk to. It has been a hell of a day. A hell of a week! Anyway, my mother and sister are staying with us, in my teeny tiny house. With one bathroom. My sis came down with severe food poisoning or a virus today which kept everyone out of the bathroom for like 4 hours. It was terrible and I am worried it is a virus that will spread so I had DH take them to a hotel. Then I spent the next two hours cleaning and spraying and wiping as best I could. I couldn't eat dinner from anxiety. Now my overnight child care is gone and that doesn't help my worry. I haven't slept more than a choppy few hours in two days already (the first night due to very painful contractions that fizzled with the sunrise and last night because my oldest kept thrashing in his sleep and knocking against the wall, which woke me up over and over). I tried to reclaim my relaxation and pampering today as I'm 40+6 and beginning to feel down, so I took my mother to get foot massages and a hair cut which was great, but we came home to my sister being very ill. So that sucks!

My BH have changed to more intense, even during the day. At night though they are accompanied by some crampiness. I've been losing huge strings of mucus plug every day, even though there was so much the first day I thought that was it! I am trying very hard to remain trusting and open. But I do look up natural induction methods every day and entertaint he idea. But I've not done anything yet but a S&S last appt. My next MW apt is on Thurs, in two days, and I am not sure if I will get another S&S or not. The first one made me soooo sore.

#76 of 90 Old 01-20-2015, 09:51 PM

Oh no. I feel sorry for your sister. And everyone else.

I'm in debate on wether or not I'm going into labor. A few hours ago (well I guess it was more like 4) I was picking DDs toys up so I could vacuum. I'd had mild contractions at random, all day. But they really picked up. MW texted me to remind me about my app tomorrow, so I let her know what I was feeling. They even continued after I was laying down for a while, and got more intense. But now things have slacked way off. I'm glad DH did go to work in case it's not the real thing. But my mom was here so I asked her to stick around just in case I do need her. I'm really not sure tho...
#77 of 90 Old 01-22-2015, 04:42 PM

Writermama, that doesn't sound fun-- hope you get some sleep soon and that your sister feels better. It really sounds like you're get close to labor.

Oklafarmama-- it sounds like you are close to labor too! That kind of sounds like how my labor started. I even told my husband that we were having a false alarm and then 5 hours later we were holding our baby

Things are good here. It's a rare quiet moment when both kids are sleeping. I should probably take advantage of that and nap myself but it's so nice to have a moment to relax and use both arms at once

I got a massage this morning -- oh my god what treat! My body really needed that.
#78 of 90 Old 01-23-2015, 12:39 AM

I had my daughter today....well going by my clock is was 5:23 yesterday.
#79 of 90 Old 01-23-2015, 12:44 AM

Oh, hooray! Congrats Oklafarmama! I look forward to hearing the details!
#80 of 90 Old 01-23-2015, 09:39 AM

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Congrats Oklafarmmama!
Still pregnant here. I had an appointment on Wednesday and they did a non-stress test and ultrasound to make sure everything still looks good. Based on the results we decided we could wait a bit to schedule the induction, so I'm tentatively scheduled for next Wednesday with another non-stress test on Monday to check on things. Wednesday after the appointment my husband and I went on a long walk and I started to have contractions around 6pm. These continued all through yesterday and seemed to be slowly but surely getting closer together and longer. They stayed pretty mild all day - the most intense was just like a bad menstrual cramp, and I could still walk and talk through them. We felt sure things would progress overnight and we'd be either holding our baby or on the way to the hospital this morning! However, things seemed to fizzle out overnight and I haven't had a contraction yet this morning. I am so disappointed. I can't believe I was having regular contractions for over 24 hours and nothing to show for it. I'm going to go for more walks today to see if they come back, but it's very discouraging. Yesterday I was so relieved that it looked like I wouldn't need the induction after all and now I'm thinking I might.
#81 of 90 Old 01-23-2015, 12:46 PM

Congratulations OklaFarmMama!!
#82 of 90 Old 01-23-2015, 04:02 PM

Ajoye, don't be too discouraged. Those contractions are doing good things even if they fizzled out. With my first I had early labor for two days before going into active labor. The contractions came and went until they picked up steam. I think it's normal. Your body is getting ready!! Hope things progress soon and you can avoid induction.
#83 of 90 Old 01-24-2015, 06:23 PM

Thanks

I was getting tired of all those warm ups...didn't let my self believe it was real until my water broke.
Try to practice your relaxation/breathing or what ever your planing on doing, durring those warms up and it will help it come more naturally during the real thing. And remember they are warm ups even if they are spaced out over days or weeks. Your body is getting ready
#84 of 90 Old 01-25-2015, 12:49 AM

Ajoye, my labor totally surprised me! I was feeling it days away, even though I was already past 41 weeks. It can start gentle/subtle!

#85 of 90 Old 01-25-2015, 03:28 PM

Thanks for the encouragement! I'm still having the on-and-off contractions. 42 weeks today and counting. Induction is scheduled for Wednesday, so one way or the other I'll have a baby soon! I think it's kind of funny that I had one of the earlier due dates in this group but my baby may be one of the last to arrive. I'm hoping he's not holding out to share a birthday with Dad, which is 2/5. Too bad kid, you've been served your eviction notice.
#86 of 90 Old 01-27-2015, 12:43 PM

So...is anyone else still waiting? Or is it just me?
#87 of 90 Old 01-27-2015, 01:05 PM

I keep coming back hoping for a baby that avoided induction update from you! I'm excited for you for tomorrow though!
#88 of 90 Old 01-27-2015, 01:39 PM

There's still time for baby to come on his own (not much, but still)! But one way or the other he will be here soon. I'm definitely feeling less freaked out about the induction and more excited about baby coming, no matter how he gets here.
#89 of 90 Old 01-27-2015, 02:44 PM

I'm excited for you, Ajoye! I wish you a smooth labor and delivery, either way! You will be holding your baby soon
#90 of 90 Old 02-05-2015, 10:18 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
congrats to each and everyone of you blessed mommas out there!

Lilly(me,37)+ David(DH,40)+ Anwara(11)+ River(7)+Leaf(6)+ Autumn(4)+ Hanna 1 (newborn)=1 crunchy weird-named happy family, with.. 1 pony, 1
, 1
, and about 6

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page