Ajoye?

I've been thinking about you! All okay?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 02-02-2015, 01:55 PM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Same here, I have been checking in to see if she had any updates.
Hopefully she is just adjusting to the joys of being a first time mom.
I know that is why I have a hard time keeping up with people/these forums.
@ajoye , I hope you are doing well!
#3 of 7 Old 02-04-2015, 04:14 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Ditto the above! Hope you're doing well, ajoye!

#4 of 7 Old 02-05-2015, 09:45 AM

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Hi, sorry to be so unresponsive! I didn't bring a computer to the hospital and I have a lot of trouble accessing MDC from mobile devices. I figured I'd just send an update when i got home. I'm not home yet, though. I'm not quite up to writing up the whole birth story right now but I promise I will.
Long story short, Roland Michael was born on Friday January 30 at 42 weeks 5 days gestation. After being induced on wednesday and having unproductive labor for 30 hours or so, he was born by c-section. He was almost 10 lbs: 9 lbs 13.9 oz. It was kind of funny to hear the surgical team gasp when they pulled him out! He is perfect and healthy and he was discharged within a few days. Stayed at hospital with me until I was ready to leave the mother-baby unit. He's now home with his father and my husband's parents who are staying at the house to help out for a while, thank God.
I am still in the hospital because I somehow developed a bowel obstruction that caused a rupture and needed urgent surgery. So now I'm recovering from two abdominal surgeries. It's hard to be away from the baby but they say my healing is going really well and they don't expect me to be here for too much longer. I've been pumping to keep up supply so i can keep breastfeeding and my husband is bringing Roland in for regular visits. He has stepped up as an excellent primary caregiver for the baby and i am so proud of how well they've bonded.
So yes I am overall OK but this has been a much more challenging experience than i expected.
I also want to add for any expectant moms reading this: my experience is NOT TYPICAL! C-sections generally do not have these kinds of complications and what happened to me is very unusual. If you are past due dates and are looking at an induction and/or c-section you will be fine.
#5 of 7 Old 02-06-2015, 11:52 AM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Thanks for the update @ajoye !
I am glad your baby is doing well and sorry you had an intense 30 hours of unproductive labor... It's hard for me to imagine something longer than my almost 27 hours... My heart goes out to you.
Get well soon and I hope there are many people to look after you so you can take it easy!
#6 of 7 Old 02-06-2015, 08:46 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Oh my goodness, that sounds incredibly hard ajoye! I'm so sorry you experienced that and have to be separated from your baby. However, hooray for a big healthy baby!!! Congrats And kudos to you for pumping and breastfeeding from the hospital-- what a strong mama you are! Rest up and get better soon!
#7 of 7 Old 02-14-2015, 03:40 AM

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
I hope you feel better now and are home with your bang boy and husband. Sorry you had a bowel obstruction. What a big boy you had. I hope things are going well for you at home now.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Madara rest in peace9/24/2013

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page