FOOD part II !!! - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
 15Likes

#31 of 55 Old 01-29-2015, 07:25 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Hey All! I knew this was the group to join
I have started the raspberry tea in the 2nd per my midwife. I am just supposed to stop and wait for the 3rd if they give me braxton hix contractions. I am right there with everyone though. I eat more green smoothies now. I currently scored some local aronia berries that I throw in with other fruits, the greens and avocado (or coconut oil). I also have been craving spaghetti sauce which I have been eating with spaghetti squash and some grassfed burger. Yummy!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 55 Old 01-29-2015, 07:42 PM

Mentioned: 163 Post(s)
Quoted: 239 Post(s)
I convinced my husband we needed fast food for dinner. I got a veggie burger from Culvers, not only does that have wheat in it, but so does the bun (obviously). I ate it all. I am SO bloated! And just ick feeling. I need to eat wheat every now and then to remind myself why I shouldn't be eating it! I feel like I should take a pregnancy photo tonight as I am super big at the moment!
#33 of 55 Old 01-29-2015, 08:58 PM

Mentioned: 256 Post(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Yeah I've also heard conflicting reports. One of which is same number of cups per day as the trimester (so 2/day would be ok now!), but I'm going to check with my midwife to see what she thinks. I'm stocked up for whenever the time comes, though! I love tea.

Mama to DS
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
born June 2015
And someone new September 2017

#34 of 55 Old 01-29-2015, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emanresu View Post
I feel like I should take a pregnancy photo tonight as I am super big at the moment!
Yay!!

Mama to DS
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
born June 2015
#35 of 55 Old 01-30-2015, 09:28 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I'm doing just 1 cup a tea a day right now
#36 of 55 Old 01-31-2015, 03:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
I am craving EARTHY right now, so am making mashed root vegetables (carrots, potatoes and parsnips) and vinegar steamed collard greens with bacon and blackstrap molasses OH MY!!!! And some sweet tea...I do miss living in the south sometimes YUMMMMMM!!!!!!
MountainMamaGC likes this.

Me, 42
Hubs, 44
Married 22 years
Two boys 11 and 9
and a HUGE surprise: EDD June 4th - BOY #3

#37 of 55 Old 01-31-2015, 03:56 PM

mmmm fireflies sounds delicious! we've moved around a lot too, but i have some southern "roots" and can totally identify with craving those flavors especially sweet tea YUMM.

Smells haven't bothered me for a while, but today while DH was roasting a bunch of tomatillos for a salsa, it was a really smoky smell for a few hours. Reminded me of how tough that first trimester was!! I was feeling pretty nauseous till some fresh air and a nice hot shower.

Mama to DS
born June 2015
#38 of 55 Old 02-07-2015, 08:32 AM

DH made his delicious homemade granola yesterday, and the whole house smelled good for hours Still eating lots of small meals throughout the day, though some days I wonder if I'm getting enough calories...very curious to see how he is measuring at our next appointment. I don't want to swing too far in the other direction !

Mama to DS
born June 2015
#39 of 55 Old 02-07-2015, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FyerFly View Post
DH made his delicious homemade granola yesterday, and the whole house smelled good for hours Still eating lots of small meals throughout the day, though some days I wonder if I'm getting enough calories...very curious to see how he is measuring at our next appointment. I don't want to swing too far in the other direction !
I should try small meals more often. I end up waiting until I'm super hungry to eat and then I overeat and feel like crap.

Homemade granola sounds yummy. I keep meaning to make some granola bars and then I just don't do it.
#40 of 55 Old 02-09-2015, 10:43 AM - Thread Starter

Acid reflux

My acid reflux has arrived and this is SERIOUSLY cramping my FOODIE love!!!!

Me, 42
Hubs, 44
Married 22 years
Two boys 11 and 9

#41 of 55 Old 02-09-2015, 02:27 PM

awww fireflies bummer!! Does it happen anytime or is it related to food/how much/what kind you eat?

Mama to DS
born June 2015
#42 of 55 Old 02-11-2015, 07:33 AM

ALL I can think about right now is ripe, sweet cantaloupe. It's a long way off here, too :/

Mama to DS
born June 2015
#43 of 55 Old 02-11-2015, 08:09 AM

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
I have been eating TONS of cucumbers, melons and strawberries here!

I kicked up the amount of protein I'm eating this week and it's helping so much for the constant hunger I was experiencing. Thank goodness for chicken tenders!
FyerFly likes this.

Me:
+ H :
=
#44 of 55 Old 02-11-2015, 06:22 PM

I always love and crave fresh fruit while pregnant. I've been focusing on oranges and other citrus fruits since those are the most in season. Gala apples have been really tasty too, lately. I would love watermelon and other melons and fresh raspberries. But every time I try to buy them out of season they are never as good as I want them to be.

I am finally starting to want to eat food! Woohoo! And I ate three decent meals today. Scrambled cheese eggs and fried potato for breakfast. Tomato soup and a half bagel with cheese for lunch. Mandarin chicken, rice, broccoli, and mandarin oranges for supper. Plus an orange. An apple. A yogurt. I need more veggies I think!
#45 of 55 Old 02-11-2015, 07:58 PM

Quote:
But every time I try to buy them out of season they are never as good as I want them to be.
Exactly!! That's my concern with the cantaloupe. that it will just be too hard/unappealing if I buy some now.

Quote:
I am finally starting to want to eat food! Woohoo! And I ate three decent meals today. Scrambled cheese eggs and fried potato for breakfast. Tomato soup and a half bagel with cheese for lunch. Mandarin chicken, rice, broccoli, and mandarin oranges for supper. Plus an orange. An apple. A yogurt. I need more veggies I think!
This all sounds amazing!! for fun, here's what I had today:
- Banana with natural ground pb for breakfast. and a few sips of almond milk because of a smoothie-gone-bad...not sure WHAT happened but it turned out terrible.
- Vegetarian "chicken" salad sandwich with 1/2c cottage cheese for lunch with a few dark chocolate-covered almonds
- DH's butternut squash risotto and a few bites of broccoli rabe plus a little mushroom/cheese tart and a corn muffin that he made in cooking class for dinner
- two girl scout cookies from the freezer (where they are supposed to stay) for dessert

Mama to DS
born June 2015
#46 of 55 Old 02-12-2015, 02:38 AM

Fyerfly, I'd give some out of season fruit a try. I live in the Midwest where it's all pur of season and I've had some very good personal sized watermelons and strawberries. Cantalope is a bit hit or miss but I was defintely surprised with how delicious the other two turned out!
FyerFly likes this.
#47 of 55 Old 02-12-2015, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerStorm22 View Post
Fyerfly, I'd give some out of season fruit a try. I live in the Midwest where it's all pur of season and I've had some very good personal sized watermelons and strawberries. Cantalope is a bit hit or miss but I was defintely surprised with how delicious the other two turned out!
I'm in the midwest too. Good to know on the watermelon. I've been eyeing it up! My kids gobble up a container of strawberries a day. I'm not a huge fan of strawberries, so I haven't been eating them and have no idea how they taste right now.
#48 of 55 Old 02-12-2015, 03:51 PM

Mentioned: 121 Post(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)
I have the worst head cold right now, so I am going to make a chickpea curry with kale and spinach. I am going to put like 6 cloves of garlic in it and a nob of ginger, then after I am going to sprinkle some chili flakes all over it, in hopes of knocking this cold right out of me.
fireflies~for~me likes this.

Mama to L (7) and A (born 7/15 by VBAC)
#49 of 55 Old 02-13-2015, 06:26 AM

MountainMama that sounds like an awesome remedy. and yummy too.

I took the plunge and got some out of season cantaloupe yesterday - it was delicious. Not EXACTLY what my craving was for, but I ate the small bit I got very quickly

Mama to DS
born June 2015
#50 of 55 Old 02-13-2015, 02:33 PM

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
I'm totally in a food rut. Every day I have no idea what I'm making for dinner until I start, and it hasn't been great. Do you all meal plan? I never have but I think when I'm on maternity leave I'll need that structure.

E (7)+ S (June2015)

#51 of 55 Old 02-13-2015, 06:13 PM

DH is funny about meal planning. We have friends who meal plan like a month in advance, and that gives him the heebie-jeebies. Like what if you don't WANT burritos on March 2??? What we do is buy ingredients for a certain number of meals/week, then DH writes the options on a small white board on our fridge. Whenever it's time to cook, we just look through the options and make what we want most. It works pretty well, and helps us keep our grocery bills low and make sure we use everything we buy.
fireflies~for~me likes this.

Mama to DS
born June 2015
#52 of 55 Old 02-14-2015, 01:48 AM

I meal plan like Fyerfly, we pretty much stick to basics for breakfasts and lunches and then I plan out 6 meals for the week and usually a fun dessert recipe I want to try like bagels, scones or cake. Then we put them on a board and I make them in whatever order we like.
#53 of 55 Old 02-15-2015, 06:31 PM

Zuchinni pasta !!! YUM. MIL gave me a spiralizer for my birthday last year, and man is it coming in handy.

Also, I think the baby likes pears. I mean, I like pears, but lately it's like PEARS PEARS MUST HAVE THEM. DH really loves pears, so I'm betting DS will take after him.

Mama to DS
born June 2015
#54 of 55 Old 02-17-2015, 12:11 PM - Thread Starter

ooo pears! yum!

Two nights in a row, I made GF Beef Burgendy Strogonoff. It was OUT OF THIS WORLD and my hubby and kids loved it. The key was buying the good noodles. They were the Jovial GF Egg Tagiotelle (like little nests) The box was 6 bucks!!! But so worth it!The perfect storm of sauteed mushrooms and onions in KerryGold butter and the red wine and the beef and then that lucious sour cream with flat Italian parley chopped...LOL...I so love food! AND my reflux is gone so I'm back at loving food! (Hubby suggested I stop drinking lemon water and it fixed it. I don't drink enough now though, so sometimes feel dehydrated but at least there is no LAVA in the back of my throat!)
FyerFly likes this.

Me, 42
Hubs, 44
Married 22 years
Two boys 11 and 9

#55 of 55 Old 02-17-2015, 12:35 PM

Oh yum fireflies! My "beef" Streisand is both gf and vegetarian. But the combo of onions and mushrooms in a sour cream sauce is so, so good.

I think I'm going to make soup for dinner. No recipe, just put in what looks good. I'm feeling a bit congested and soup sounds good to me right now.

Tags
Food , second trimester

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page