~*~*~*~ The Belly Thread! ~*~*~*~ - Page 19 - Mothering Forums
 109Likes

#541 of 546 Old 08-02-2015, 08:44 AM

Mentioned: 122 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 136 Post(s)
I don't have strong abs at all! I think it's because I'm 6' tall...she had a lot of room to stretch out!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#542 of 546 Old 08-02-2015, 02:03 PM

Mentioned: 139 Post(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
I have my last shot before born and one from a few days ago, I'll post sometime. I have an extra 7"on my belly, and about 20 lbs.I would keep the weight gladly and tone up. 6 weeks pp and I will need to start some working out. 3 weeks and counting. What do you girls do/plan/hope for toning back up? I honestly did nothing after Ana, but I suspect that won't fly well this time since it's the second stretch. Third if you count when I was obese 16 years ago.

Frequent Auto Correct Victim.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Loving the (mostly) organic country life as a SAHWM . Married to my hubby since '08
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, Ana born at home 11/12, Nathaniel born at home in the water 07/15

#543 of 546 Old 08-03-2015, 03:48 AM

Mentioned: 120 Post(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Walking is a great way to start....long walks with the kids in the stroller or baby worn with kiddo walking alongside is a great way to build up some physical stamina and strength gently and safely even just a couple weeks after birth. Building up to fast walking is great. Then you could start some exercise classes or home videos (I like p90x3 from beachbody because it's condensed to just 30 minutes including warm up and cool down so you can squeeze it in to your day somehow even with little ones ) that get you more sweaty and exhausted.
I can't wait to do more intense exercise because of the mood boost! I'm really extra happy and feeling great the rest of the day after just half an hour, and sleep so much better at night.

#544 of 546 Old 12-10-2015, 11:39 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
for the people who just want to wrap their belly, try out Bodyshapers.
Bodyshapers are available for everyone because of its adjustable features.
#545 of 546 Old 05-24-2017, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metasequoia View Post
Merry Christmas (Eve)! I thought it would be fun to start our official belly thread at this festive time of year.

And, it's a shocking 60 degrees here so the windows are wide open and I put on a stretchy tank top and....WOAH! Couldn't help but snap the first belly shot of this babe.

If you have a belly, if you don't have a belly, feel free to share your photos!

12/24/14 ~ 10+1 weeks (LMP) or 11 weeks (u/s):

I am 16 years old and this is my SECOND child
I am currently 20 weeks
When I'm sitting down I look bigger than I actually am when standing up
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PIXECT-20170524162543.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	38.3 KB
ID:	50009  

Click image for larger version

Name:	PIXECT-20170523204137.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	66.4 KB
ID:	50017  

#546 of 546 Old 10-19-2017, 12:34 PM

Hey ladies! I'm 8 months post-partum with my third baby. The first two were twins. I didn't even realize that I was hurting my abdominal muscles by the way I was exercising and moving during/after pregnancy. I have a diastasis and I made it worse by doing the wrong thing before learning about it. Just want to throw a word of caution out there... there is a lot of information out there about healing a diastasis and not all of it is good, or it might be good it just jumps into exercises that your body isn't ready for so it's ineffective. I've been doing physical therapy for four months and it's working, but it's a slow process. I've learned a lot and want so badly for other women to have the chance to heal and feel strong. Don't do what I did and congratulate yourself on jumping back into things as fast as you can. Retraining your body to move the right way and undoing some of the "damage" of doing things the wrong way takes a looooong time. I'm dedicated to seeing this through but sometimes wish there was a quick fix. There's not. Just a real fix. Be careful with your bodies.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page