Introductions! - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
 7Likes

#31 of 49 Old 01-25-2015, 07:22 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
first pregnancy!

I'm 38. First pregnancy ever. So I know I might miscarry but I guess we are close to 8 wks now. Which is good.

We were trying since Aug so it took about 4 months. I kind of thought I'd never end up pregnant because I had really irregular periods until about age 34 (and was also dating the wrong person all along). But I always wanted to have a shot at pregnancy.

Approx due date is Sept 9/10. I really wanted a spring or summer baby but you take what you get right?!

I had a lot of nausea for the first two weeks I found out and its subsided a little the last week. Breast tenderness too.

I feel like this can't really be real. But it must be. However we have our first appt on Feb 9th, so then will find out if there's a heartbeat or anything.

We are really excited and interested to see how all this goes.

I had not read anything about pregnancy, or prenatal, etc and very little on conceiving, so I have a lot to catch up on but we've been reading a lot.

My partner and I are very basic people and plan to have a natural vaginal birth. I have a younger sister who is PG w daughter #4 - all vaginal and only the first she took meds. My mom had 4 natural vaginal deliveries. I am hoping I have their luck and genes. We live in Portland which is a good place for natural deliveries.

I'm also a vegetarian for almost 10 years and pretty active cyclist and jogger.

It's scary and exciting and we are hoping it sticks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 49 Old 01-26-2015, 12:43 PM

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
I am excited to join everyone. I am not telling friends or family for some time but still wanting to chat about whats going on with someone. I had totally forgot about all the support the DDC offered with my two previous births and was so glad I saw it mentioned in a birth story (yeah, already reading them - love them!) and couldn't wait to sign in.

I am expecting babe #4 and am 34 years old - dh is 12 years older. Our other children will be 20, 7 and 5 when this one arrives, so it feels like we've been out of the baby phase for a while (again). I always wanted 7 children but two closely spaced babes almost did me and dh in with the overwhelm we felt for a long time.

I am also completing my Masters in Nutrition this summer, so feeling grateful that I am due after graduation but also a little nervous about how going back to square 1 in baby life will affect professional plans.

This will be another homebirth and I already hopped on my midwife's calendar. But I'm a fairly self-sustaining individual, so I told her I would call back to schedule my first appointment around 20 weeks. That feels like forever from now, but I also know that life moves so fast these days too it will be like next week.

We were TTC for about a year and then a friend mentioned how my oldest would be 20 - I freaked out about the whole idea and decided to be done trying. Of course, that didn't mean we actually avoided the next fertile period. I felt like I knew that night we would be pregnant because I also instantly realized this baby would be born exactly 20 years after my first -- I checked an online calc and the EDD is a couple days before that date.

Plan to use Hynobabies again because it was AMAZING for my last birth - so powerful and comfortable. I actually stood up after it was over saying how awesome it would be to do it all again (did not think that after babe 1 or 2, lol). So I am very excited to give birth again because it was so empowering last time.

Open to have a fourth girl but wouldn't be too bothered by a boy either. I always thought I would have 7 girls so I do expect another girl but will probably sew mostly boy stuff just in case.

Karen happily married mother of 3 great children (19, 6, 5), in my last semester for my Masters in Nutrition and started a six-month internship.
#33 of 49 Old 01-28-2015, 10:41 PM

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Hello!

Hi everyone!

I am glad to have found an active due date community. With my first child (DD, age 4.5) I was very active on LiveJournal but most of the communities seem to have petered off over the last few years. I had a lot of fun getting to know the women there and sharing the good, the bad, and the ugly about going through pregnancy.

This will be my second child. My cycle was totally wonky this time around; I think I ovulated late due to family stressor stuff. Based on my charting, I'm due around September 20, but I have a dating u/s February 10. I will use the date given to me by the doctor.

I look forward to getting to know everyone!

#34 of 49 Old 01-30-2015, 03:21 AM

Hello!
Guess date: Sep 27
This is baby #2 . Our dd is almost 15m (9/13/13) My cycle returned in sep so it took 3months, same as with dd #1 . I couldn't wait to be pregnant again. Hub and I are very happy indeed! Last time we had an unassisted home birth, Lord willing this time will be the same. I am still breastfeeding and don't plan to wean unless dd wants to, and it definitely does not seem like shes ready. I am open to tandem feeding. We live in southern ct.
Nisenitnyy likes this.

Last edited by Handsthathold; 01-30-2015 at 03:31 AM.
#35 of 49 Old 01-31-2015, 08:09 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Hello! I'm 29 and this will be baby #3 for us. DD will be 4 in March and DS is 22 months. We were planning on waiting a few months before ttc again, so I was very surprised to get a positive pregnancy test. According to my LMP I am due on Sept 22nd, but I only had the one period since my son was born (still breastfeeding) so I don't think that date is terribly trustworthy.

We are located in Wisconsin and I am planning another unmedicated hospital birth with a midwife although I haven't made any appointments yet. My daughter has special needs and a genetic syndrome so I'm a little worried about adding a newborn to the mix.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#36 of 49 Old 02-01-2015, 11:41 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Hi mamas!

I'm a 29 year old vegan, (recovering) workaholic, gentle mama to a nearly two-year-old daughter. I had one period at 22 months postpartum and made an appointment for an IUD consultation - but someone had other plans, so I'll be seeing my midwife for a prenatal visit instead! :

I'm excited to be here. I joined my last Mothering DDC in my final month of pregnancy the first go-around, so I felt like I missed out. This time, I look forward to learning and sharing the whole way through! Looks like we have a pretty great group.

I'm hoping to continue breastfeeding throughout pregnancy - we'll see how it goes - and would love to tandem. I love being pregnant and feel really confident about birthing. I'm looking forward to wrapping a tiny baby again! :yellow_heart:
Erica13 likes this.
#37 of 49 Old 02-07-2015, 12:01 PM

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by colomomma View Post
Hi Everyone!!

I have a 20 month old, and am Due Sept 7th-ish. This pregnancy is totally unexpected. We were using fertility awareness, Billings Method, because my temps weren't reliable, since I still get up a lot lot nurse DD. I was looking really infertile the day we did the deed, then 2 days after, I notice EWCM. My goal was to recover from my birth experience with my DD, and work on our marriage before TTC our second and last. I'm not really emotionally there yet, and not really sure where I want to birth, but am exploring my options.

My babies will be about 27 months apart, and I'm not sure how I will manage. Is it safe to cosleep with a toddler and newbie? Nervous, nervous, nervous.
Colomomma, my DS is 19.5 months, and my due date is Sept 2nd. I actually had to wean my DS because of threatened miscarriage and bleeding - the breastfeeding seemed to lower my progesterone levels. He now only nurses 1x a day - when the light comes in the window, and it's been wonderful to get more sleep at night! He still wakes up one or two times a night and wants some cuddles from me, but he is sleeping better and better. We coslept with DS, but after night-weaning him, we got him his own twin-size bed, which is stuffed in between our bed and the wall. I kept telling him about it before his daddy brought it home, and he is SO thrilled with his new bed! He wants to show it to all our visitors! We all sleep much better now that he is in his "own" bed too - no more feet in the mouth in the middle of the night or getting kicked. He used to get so frustrated when he felt squished between us or when we had on more blankets than what he wanted. Sometimes now, towards morning, he will lay his head on me or on our bed. It's great he has his own spot but still feels that connection with us. I would love to get a co-sleeper crib for the other side of the bed when our LO is born. We'll see.

Mother to one baby boy born June 18th, 2013 and 2nd baby on the way, due Sept 2nd, 2015.
#38 of 49 Old 02-09-2015, 01:31 PM

I'm new here. I mean, I've been on mothering off and on for years, but I can't remember my old account. So new!

This is our 6th baby. It will be our 4th unassisted pregnancy and 5th unassisted delivery God willing.

I am still breastfeeding as well. I have nursed through all but my first pregnancy (duh!) and tandemed each time. We have weaned the first 4 kidlets at 3y9m and will continue to do the same unless we have some extenuating circumstances.
#39 of 49 Old 02-12-2015, 01:29 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hi I'm going to be having my first baby around September 6 2015.

I live in Missouri in the United States of America.

I'm currently 53 inches around my bellybutton. Before I was pregnant I had gotten down to 34 inches around my bellybutton. I'm so nervous!

I'm hoping my doctor won't be against my decision to go all natural with no medications during labor and delivery at all. I understand that there can always be issues that need medicine I'm not refusing that just the unneeded drugs. Am I doing the right thing by choosing to refuse all medications during labor and delivery?
#40 of 49 Old 02-12-2015, 08:52 PM

Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooSweet View Post
Hi I'm going to be having my first baby around September 6 2015.

I live in Missouri in the United States of America.

I'm currently 53 inches around my bellybutton. Before I was pregnant I had gotten down to 34 inches around my bellybutton. I'm so nervous!

I'm hoping my doctor won't be against my decision to go all natural with no medications during labor and delivery at all. I understand that there can always be issues that need medicine I'm not refusing that just the unneeded drugs. Am I doing the right thing by choosing to refuse all medications during labor and delivery?
Welcome @TooSweet ! Congrats! I don't think your instinct to have a natural childbirth could ever be perceived as wrong. This forum is filled with mamas who have had natural births in hospitals, at home, some even unassisted. And lots who have had medicated or surgical births that are equally as powerful and special. You're in the right place!

I had my first child in Oct of 2013, with an OB in a hospital setting, but still managed to get away with a drug-free birth. I did take the time to educate myself, both my husband and I took a great childbirth education class, and we hired an experienced doula who helped us put together a 'birth plan' and played a huge part in my labor and delivery. It was not easy, but it was so, so worth it. This time around I am planning on delivering at home with a midwife. Just stand firm in your choices, discuss them with your OB ahead of time, and trust your instincts!

Wife to DH, stay at home mama to DD1 (10.01.13) and DD2 (09.24.15)! Expecting #3 Sept 2018
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MTHFR Homo C677T

DD1 born 10.13, DD2 born 9.15

#41 of 49 Old 02-21-2015, 04:57 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Hey everyone.. It's been a long while since I spent time on MDC.. I have 4 children (12,9,7 and 4) and surprise..my new partner (of a year) and I found out a few weeks ago that I am pregnant. I'm actually not 100 % sure that we are going to follow through with it. This is huge. 5 children is a LOT. I am finally back in the work groove and liking my job, and ,my partner is full time social work student.. next year my youngest will be school age, and that is a big deal. I home-schooled my older ones, but decided to move to a small town that has a good small school so that I could go back to school, and now I am working in the social work field that I studied in.. so anyways, lots of big feelings and decisions.. but I thought being part of this might help me decide. I feel very mixed. Excitement and awe, pregnancy has always been one of my favorite times (minus the first 12-14 weeks *blah*) and i love babies and i love my kids... and also they are a handful of spirited and emotional creatures.. so yeah. hi!

to add: I have told a few close friends because I need people to talk to, and my eldest Son because I wanted him to have some say in how things go..
but generally speaking I am not talking about this ..both because its early on and because im not sure what to do yet..

Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.... mama of 4 lovelies, an angel, and one on the way.

#42 of 49 Old 03-01-2015, 05:08 AM

Hello everyone! My name is Sarah and I'm expecting baby #2 September 14th. We found out mid January and are so excited. I'm 30, DH is 32, DD is 2 and or furbaby is 8. We live in Wisconsin and I work full time.
#43 of 49 Old 03-01-2015, 09:52 AM

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Hi sarah13! You have the same due date I had back in 2008. How fun! Welcome to the ddc!

R
wife to R
, Mommy to A
9/17/08!, And new arrival S
8/15/15!
#44 of 49 Old 04-23-2015, 12:34 PM

I'm a new comer here. I've been stalking this thread but haven't felt the confidence to join. I have three sons who are 12, 10 and 9 and we've been trying for #4 since our 9 year old was 2. I've had 10 miscarriages and last year my miscarriage was at 18.5 weeks. I've been complacent to join the group but wanted to connect so I figured that today was my day. I've made it to almost 20 weeks (2 more days) so I thought maybe it would be OK. I had my first son at the hospital which was a very medicalized birth, my 2nd son was born at home with the midwife making it by about 3 minutes and my last son at home with my midwife not making it until an hour after birth. I'm hoping for another home birth but I'm much older this time and so I'm open to whatever is safe. There is also a very nice birthing center in town that sounds tempting.

I'm due on September 12th.

I'm looking forward to connecting with all you mamas here at Mothering.com. When my boys were very young I was very active here and it was my saving grace.
Erica13 likes this.

Stay At Home Mama to Three Sons (12, 10, and 9)  Many, many miscarriages in the past 9 years.  
#45 of 49 Old 04-23-2015, 08:42 PM

Welcome @quietmama !!! You didn't have to wait. We've had a few who miscarried on here already who joined early on. There's no need to feel excluded for fear of miscarrying. I understand feeling bad about leaving a group of women you've grown close to though. So happy for you to join us! You have my original due date. I was due on the 12th till they did a dating scan and changed me to the 3rd. I'm happy to be due sooner, but i'm not sure that will actually make baby come out any earlier! I hope this pregnancy goes well for you. Do you know what you're having yet?

R
wife to R
, Mommy to A
8/15/15!
#46 of 49 Old 04-27-2015, 12:33 PM

Hello!
I'm 35, first pregnancy!!! 18 weeks and so far I'm pretty lucky everything is going well! I learned this morning we're having a little buddha boy!!! So exciting! We're a little stressed out and emotional about not having found a real home yet but other than that, all is well. My friend who praised this website and how helpful it is told me to join, our due date is September 27th but I don't really believe in due dates, baby comes when he's ready, we'll be prepared as much as we can! We want a natural birth at home, and we know this might not all work out the way we plan but we're hoping so!

Sicigia
Erica13 likes this.
#47 of 49 Old 04-27-2015, 05:01 PM

@Sicigia Nice to meet you. The first one is so exciting! I think you'll really like it here. We're pretty fun people. Check out the bead swap thread and the spotlight thread. Fun stuff to participate in if you are interested. Also feel free to check out the other forums as well. Some that might be helpful to you are the "i'm pregnant" forum and the "birth and beyond" forum. There's also the october ddc as well since you're so close. So if we aren't chatty enough for you, you can always pop in there too.

R
wife to R
, Mommy to A
8/15/15!
#48 of 49 Old 04-30-2015, 04:52 PM

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
@quietmama - welcome and I am so happy you're joining us. Lots of light and love for you and for your continuing pregnancy!
@Sicigia - welcome!!

Karen happily married mother of 3 great children (19, 6, 5), in my last semester for my Masters in Nutrition and started a six-month internship.
#49 of 49 Old 05-27-2015, 08:02 PM

Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Sorry for the delay but I have updated our Roll Call thread with our new mamas! Welcome and so glad you're both here!!

Wife to DH, stay at home mama to DD1 (10.01.13) and DD2 (09.24.15)! Expecting #3 Sept 2018

MTHFR Homo C677T

DD1 born 10.13, DD2 born 9.15

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page