Introductions! - Mothering Forums
 7Likes

#1 of 49 Old 01-13-2015, 01:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Introductions!

Welcome September 2015 mama's! Please introduce yourself and any details you would like to share (guess date, how many children, interests, general location, etc)!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 49 Old 01-13-2015, 02:07 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
This will be my fourth!! Guess date is 9/15. Nobody knows yet. My other 3 are a 5 year old girl, 3 year old boy and a 20 month boy. I live in the Midwest and am passionate about babywearing and gentle parenting. I work and my husband stays with the kids. I have had one hospital birth, one unplanned home birth and one planned home birth. My last 2 came fast and came without the midwife.
#3 of 49 Old 01-13-2015, 02:21 PM - Thread Starter

I live in the midwest as well! Guess date is September 2nd. This is my 2nd, I also have an 18 month old boy who I am still breastfeeding. I have stayed at home since my son was born, but I am hoping to get a part time job for at least some of this pregnancy. We told my parents last night....I think they were a little shocked, but supportive. Feeling good so far and really trying to make my nutrition and overall health a priority because I feel like I've been slacking since my last birth. Me in a nutshell: laid back sex positive thrifty radical feminist homemaker who has been a big hermit the last two years but am ready to bust out and get my groove back.

#4 of 49 Old 01-13-2015, 02:30 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just found out the other day also. Was wondering if there would be any other mamas out there who know this soon!
We have a 5.5 year old son, who's already the equivalent of 290 handfuls, so this was a total shock for us. According to my last cycle, I'd be due September 20th. (which, if you ask me, is still too dang close to having ONE MORE Leo in the house. Both my son and myself ---EEEEEK)
So glad there is a place here for me, and was so grateful for this site during my son's pregnancy.
We live in Las Vegas ( ) and my husband is a chef, so naturally last time around I gained something like 65 lbs. Hoping to keep a closer eye on it this go-round and stay active. I ended up having a C-section due to my hips locking up, and was told it could've been prevented (even despite a tilted set of hips). I would LOVE to have a home birth this time.
Anyone else going the natural way?

Little about me: recovering "pseudo-extrovert" fully immersed in introvert lifestyle. Tea, knitting and crochet, ancient civilizations obsessed, British period dramas (what!), playing cards, reading, soul train dance offs.

Last edited by AmberMunster; 01-13-2015 at 02:33 PM. Reason: Kept forgetting to add details, hahaha
#5 of 49 Old 01-13-2015, 05:05 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
This will be #2 for us, DS is 2 and was born at home. We are planning another home birth with this pregnancy as well. I had terrible back problems with my previous pregnancy, so I am doing everything I can think of to prepare my body for what might be coming- I am desperately hoping I can avoid the back pain I suffered with last time, it was awful! I am 6w and having no symptoms other than bloating, I was having nausea but I switched prenatal vitamins and that went away... for now! Oh and my EDD is 9/5!

Last edited by spruce22; 01-13-2015 at 05:06 PM. Reason: added my due date, oops!
#6 of 49 Old 01-13-2015, 05:45 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
My guess date is Sept 15. We had been actively TTC for 4 months so I got a positive test 1 week ago. This will be baby #2 for us. I'm 32 and DH and I have a 2.5yo. He's still nursing 1X a day btw.

I live in the Sacramento area (south of Sac) and had my son at the birth center at Sutter Davis hospital. They are FANTASTIC (natural minded, midwives and OBs, very low C-section rate). I'd love to try for a home birth but I had a terrible case of GD during my last pregnancy and I doubt any midwife would take me. I'm pretty sure I've been insulin resistant since my mid-20s. Still trying to get answers on that.

I'm not feeling any symptoms yet except a little more tired and a little more hungry. I didn't know I was pg with my son until I was 8 weeks along, so apparently I don't have early obvious symptoms
#7 of 49 Old 01-13-2015, 07:08 PM

Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Hi everyone! I'm Sarah, SAHM. I am due Sept 16. This will be #2 for me as well, I have a 15 mo DD who still nurses quite a bit during the day and at night (we cosleep). We always knew we wanted to have kids close together, so as soon as my cycle returned 12 mo pp we hopped to it! Took us about 4 cycles. My first birth was an unmedicated hospital birth with an OB I like a lot, but we are moving to Nashville (from LA) in a couple of months so I have hired a midwife there and am planning a home birth.

So far I am just pretty tired, occasional low back pain, today I can feel crampy/stretchy feelings in my uterus. Got my betas back from the dr today and they are great, so I am feeling very happy today! Crazy how different it is from the first time around. Sometimes I forget I am pregnant at all. I had pretty bad nausea with #1 , so I'm preparing myself mentally for that battle again.

Oh yes, general interests... well, I LOVE to read, I also enjoy yoga or Pilates when I can squeeze it in. These days my "hobbies" are just making sure I have time to focus on self-care and spend one-on-one with DH. Occasionally I like to twiddle with knitting or cross-stitch, too! I am a semi-crunchy homemaker, so I cook a lot and like to read about CDing, all aspects of mothering, etc... and my secret obsession is binge-watching TV on hulu/Netflix after DD has gone to bed.

Glad to meet you all!

Wife to DH, stay at home mama to DD1 (10.01.13) and DD2 (09.24.15)! Expecting #3 Sept 2018
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MTHFR Homo C677T

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DD1 born 10.13, DD2 born 9.15

#8 of 49 Old 01-13-2015, 07:15 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Hi all. Just found out, yesterday, that we're expecting our fourth baby. Looks to be around Sept. 21st.

My other children are 8, 6 and 3. My last two were born at home and we are planning another home birth for this babe as well.

Glad to be here

Sarah. Wife to Pearry, mama to Pearry II and Isabella Rose, born Breech at home and Benjamin, our January 1st bebe intactlact.gifhomebirth.jpg

#9 of 49 Old 01-13-2015, 08:01 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
HI! Just found out yesterday that I'm due with #2 , expected to arrive Sept 22ish. My DD is 6 (November) and quite a handful. DH and I have tried for 18 months, so I didn't actually believe the BFP (all 6 of them!)

I live in Ohio and work at home while DD is in Kindergarten. I am passionate about healthy, real food, fitness, and my family. So happy to find you guys!
#10 of 49 Old 01-15-2015, 11:13 AM

Hi Everyone! Just found out yesterday that I am pregnant . Guess Due Date is September 22nd. This will be my first baby. I am already driving myself crazy with worry lol. I am happily married and living in NJ. I am having symptoms of cravings, slight nausea(although that may be from the start of the vitamins) and slight cramping. I am looking forward to this forum, because I am an only child and I've never experienced the whole pregnancy cycle within my family so I am trying my best to educate myself with what to expect, so bear with me if I have lots of questions!!!
#11 of 49 Old 01-15-2015, 02:12 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Hello, this will be #5 for me! My kids are 6, 4, and the twins are 20 months. This was a little earlier than expected and I am stressing but trying to focus on the positive. My edd is sept 9, but my kids always come early. I had an unplanned natural hospital birth with first (he came too early for the midwife to attend), planned home birth with the second, and the twins were breech so I had a c-section. Hoping for a natural hospital birth this time. Having an u/s in about 10 days, and I am so anxious to find out if it's twins again.
#12 of 49 Old 01-16-2015, 05:42 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I guess I'll peek in here, given that I'm still in the gestating closet in the rest of my life. Hi. I'm a little bit pregnant and not feeling confident about the embryo sticking, but for now my due date is Sept 25th. I have PCOS and a history of miscarriages, hence the general sense of uncertainty.

I want to find a CNM that attends home births in my area, but am not sure that there is one. I really, truly love the CNM who supported me when I had my son 5 years ago, but I'm in a different city now. If I make it far enough that this pregnancy feels real, then I'll focus on figuring out whether I want to go with a birthing center birth with a CNM or a home birth with a CPM this time around.

In the meantime, I'm getting my son registered for kindergarten, juggling my own career, and thinking about buying a home. Because life isn't stressful or anything.
#13 of 49 Old 01-16-2015, 02:09 PM

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Hi! I'm 38, have one baby who is 19 months old, and my due date is Sept. 2nd. I had some bleeding a week a week ago and when we saw the doctor on Monday she put me on progesterone. We were so happy she found a heartbeat! There is still some spotting but it has gone down. We are praying the bleeding stops and baby stays healthy. The doctor says I need to wean my DS, 19-month old, so we are working on it. Unfortunately, he had his vaccinations yesterday so his leg is swollen and hot, he's been fighting a fever, and generally not feeling good.

Mother to one baby boy born June 18th, 2013 and 2nd baby on the way, due Sept 2nd, 2015.
#14 of 49 Old 01-16-2015, 02:19 PM - Thread Starter

Erica13, our toddlers are just a few days apart, and we have the same due date!!!! Welcome everybody!
Erica13 likes this.
#15 of 49 Old 01-16-2015, 06:07 PM

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
I'm pregnant with what I hope is sticky baby #3 . We have a large gap - youngest DS is 6 and a half. Any other big gap mamas on here? We have been TTC for 8 months, so theres been lots of time to think about this decision, but I'm still a little terrified of going back to the baby days. You can see I was active on here back in 2005ish, lol.

I am an aging radical (ie; my edges are soft) and a midwife in the Midwest. I have to boys who were both born at home - super straightforward births.

Due to some health issues and my age, I am prepared for a higher risk pregnancy this time, so who knows.
xixstar likes this.
#16 of 49 Old 01-16-2015, 06:11 PM

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkyld View Post
I guess I'll peek in here, given that I'm still in the gestating closet in the rest of my life. Hi. I'm a little bit pregnant and not feeling confident about the embryo sticking, but for now my due date is Sept 25th. I have PCOS and a history of miscarriages, hence the general sense of uncertainty.
Same edd as you mama and a similar history. Fingers crossed we both have sticky embys!

With so much uncertainty I think thats why I am posting here so early. Not going to tell anyone else until I see a HB on an US and since I am out of the country for three more weeks that might be a whole month from now.

The support and hope is good, I think
#17 of 49 Old 01-17-2015, 04:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizafava View Post
Same edd as you mama and a similar history. Fingers crossed we both have sticky embys!

With so much uncertainty I think thats why I am posting here so early. Not going to tell anyone else until I see a HB on an US and since I am out of the country for three more weeks that might be a whole month from now.

The support and hope is good, I think
Thanks, Lizafava! Good luck to you as well. And I'll likewise have a substantial gap between births (5+ years), assuming all works out, but not as large as yours.
#18 of 49 Old 01-17-2015, 01:15 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Hello everybody! This will be baby #2 for us and our guess date is Sept. 2nd. I live in TX and am hoping for another birth center birth!

My son is 20 months old and I am already worn out! Don't remember feeling this fatigued last time, but I'm looking forward to second trimester.

I enjoy sewing and knitting, yoga, riding my vintage Vespa around town, coffee, thrifting/up cycling and I love to cook and try new restaurants.
Erica13 likes this.
#19 of 49 Old 01-18-2015, 04:42 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Hello Everyone! So happy to be here after TTC for 2.5 years. My DW is very newly pregnant (we tried with her once and she got pregnant) and we are hoping to have the baby at home. This is our first DC.
#20 of 49 Old 01-18-2015, 06:22 PM

Hi everyone! This is going to be baby #3 . DD1 is 6 and DD2 is 3.5. I am an older mom and wasn't sure I wanted more children after my last pregnancy. I was sick for a long time. But after a few good years we decided to go for it. Pretty much now or never. Got a BFP this morning and due date is Sept 27. Great Bday present for me since my birthday is Sept. 23. I had a scheduled home birth with DD1 but after a long labor I had to go to hospital and after a few hours of pitocin had to have a CSection. Wanted a vbac but had GD with DD2 and ended up with another C. Excited to have a community again. Fingers crossed for me and all of you that these babies stick.
#21 of 49 Old 01-19-2015, 10:27 AM

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Hey everyone, I'm Rachel. Expecting # 2 due Sept 12th, only 2 days before DD #1 was due in 2008. Not sure what we'll be having, but whether it be a boy or girl, i'm sure we'll both be happy. This is DH's first child. DD calls him "daddy" even though she has a dad already. I'm glad she does though. She really looks up to DH, even though he doesn't see it sometimes. It should be interesting seeing him with his own child though. He's terrified.All the fears from somehow accidentally hurting the baby, to losing it, not having time for himself, etc. So it's a bit stressful. It was an unplanned pregnancy, so we're just trying to figure out how to cope. I currently work part time at an auto parts store as a delivery driver. I only just started the job, and it looks like i'm gonna have to really work hard to make sure I make enough for us to support this baby. DH just got hired on with his company. It's an aerospace company that he was temping for. Glad he's finally official though. Unfortunately he most definitely does not make enough to support us alone yet. I'd rather be a stay at home mommy and just spend time with the kids.

This time around I want a waterbirth if at all possible (I had pre-eclampsia last time and my nurse-midwife made me give birth in a hospital instead.) We're hoping for at least one healthy baby, although DH is a twin, and my grandmother had twins, so who knows? Still haven't been to a midwife yet. Searching around my local area for a real good one. I hear good things about a local birthing center's midwives, but not so good things about it's front desk. I may just find another midwife locally that is permitted to deliver there.

R
wife to R
, Mommy to A
9/17/08!, And new arrival S
8/15/15!
#22 of 49 Old 01-21-2015, 06:47 AM

Hello! I am 31 and a mommy to two biological children aged 13, and 5 and a step mommy to a bonus daughter ages 8. All three are my DH children so this is his 4th as well as my 4th. I was a traditional surrogate and had a baby boy in July of 2013 so biologically he is mine but he is absolutely the happiest baby with his mommy and daddy in California. Anyway this baby is due sept 24 but all of my babies come 10days to 2 weeks early so I anticipate the same with this one. I have had three hospital births- the first with an OB and an epidural which was an awful experience the last 2 with a midwife and all natural which is how I would reccomend all births (if it's possible). I really want a home birth this time around and luckily we have a midwife in our town now who has a birth center and does home births as well. This sweet baby was very unplanned and although I have warned up already to the idea of it my DH is still not there- but he will get there Anyway I am looking forward to the support on this forum :
#23 of 49 Old 01-21-2015, 08:03 AM

Hey all,
I am 7 weeks pg with my rainbow twins TG!
It is my 7th pregnancy, 3 wonderful kids DS 7.5, DS 6.5, and DD 3.5
3 losses, 1 mc @ 5 weeks, 1 mmc found out 2 14 weeks but probably happened a few weeks before, another mmc @ 9.5 weeks, found out at 10 weeks

EDD is september 5, 2015
#24 of 49 Old 01-21-2015, 01:42 PM

Hi Everyone!!

I have a 20 month old, and am Due Sept 7th-ish. This pregnancy is totally unexpected. We were using fertility awareness, Billings Method, because my temps weren't reliable, since I still get up a lot lot nurse DD. I was looking really infertile the day we did the deed, then 2 days after, I notice EWCM. My goal was to recover from my birth experience with my DD, and work on our marriage before TTC our second and last. I'm not really emotionally there yet, and not really sure where I want to birth, but am exploring my options.

My babies will be about 27 months apart, and I'm not sure how I will manage. Is it safe to cosleep with a toddler and newbie? Nervous, nervous, nervous.
#25 of 49 Old 01-22-2015, 04:55 PM

I'm a 30 year-old biologically female, male-identified person, and I'm pregnant with my first baby. Yep. I'm a pregnant guy. I live with my girlfriend, her two kids (5 and almost 3), and our housemate. I have always wanted to carry at least one kid before I start hormone replacement and most likely break my ovaries. We'd actually completely written off this cycle because I got incredibly sick (like 103.5 degree fever sick) right around implantation, but here we are!
#26 of 49 Old 01-22-2015, 06:14 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
My name is Lauren and I am due mid September, but I haven't had my first appointment to have an "official due date."
This is my second pregnancy. I have fertility issues and this is my first BFP after 26 months of TTC. Clomid Baby! I am 5 weeks, 5 days past my LMP. I am really hoping for a girl this time.

I also have a three year old son. He is the coolest! I developed pre Eclampsia during my first pregnancy and had to be induced at 37 weeks, but did manage to have a vaginal birth. This time, I am going to do my best to avoid gaining 65 pounds and hopefully not develop PreE again. I am planning a birth center, non-medicated birth. I also did not develop much breast tissue during puberty and have been diagnosed with Insufficient Glandular Tissue. This makes it difficult, if not impossible, to breastfeed. I am seeking a donor for breastmilk and plan to use a Supplemental Nursing System (SNS) to engage in bonding and attempt to breastfeed.

I am 26, happily married, I live in Texas, and I have two cats (they love each other more than most cats do.)
#27 of 49 Old 01-23-2015, 04:41 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by colomomma View Post
Hi Everyone!!

I have a 20 month old, and am Due Sept 7th-ish. This pregnancy is totally unexpected. We were using fertility awareness, Billings Method, because my temps weren't reliable, since I still get up a lot lot nurse DD. I was looking really infertile the day we did the deed, then 2 days after, I notice EWCM. My goal was to recover from my birth experience with my DD, and work on our marriage before TTC our second and last. I'm not really emotionally there yet, and not really sure where I want to birth, but am exploring my options.

My babies will be about 27 months apart, and I'm not sure how I will manage. Is it safe to cosleep with a toddler and newbie? Nervous, nervous, nervous.
Hi colomomma! Heheh, my iPad changed your name to "cool mama". Welcome, and yes I think it would be fine to cosleep with both as long as you put them on opposite sides of you. I wouldn't put them next to each other right away. My twins are 20 months and my edd is sept 10, so I am right there with ya! You will find an inner strength you didn't know you had when this baby is born. You can do it!
#28 of 49 Old 01-23-2015, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2babies2kidsmom View Post
Hi colomomma! Heheh, my iPad changed your name to "cool mama". Welcome, and yes I think it would be fine to cosleep with both as long as you put them on opposite sides of you. I wouldn't put them next to each other right away. My twins are 20 months and my edd is sept 10, so I am right there with ya! You will find an inner strength you didn't know you had when this baby is born. You can do it!
Thank You
#29 of 49 Old 01-23-2015, 10:40 AM

Mentioned: 144 Post(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Hi all, it's so nice to read your introductions. What an interesting & diverse group this is!

I'm 37 & 8 weeks pregnant. My EDD is 9/1. This will hopefully be my 2nd child, my rainbow after a m/c last spring. DS is almost 6! I think there are a few others with that age spread here! Yay!

I had a mostly natural hospital birth with midwives last time, just barely avoiding induction-I went into spontaneous labor at 42 weeks. Hoping I don't have to wait that long this time. Also planning on a home birth, though I'm not sure I'm in as good of shape as I was last time around, 6 years ago! I did hypnobirthing last time & it was great but this time I'll probably try hypnobabies.

I am a little worried about being an "older" mom, but I'm trying to just enjoy this pregnancy as long as it's with me.

Happy pregnancy to you all!

Mama to my little busy bee. 

#30 of 49 Old 01-23-2015, 12:43 PM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Pregnant for the 7th time.
5 kids. One mmc. 3 stepkids.
I'm terrified of another loss.

Due September 18th

8 might be enough?
Or maybe 9 will be?