Mothering Forum banner

Breastfeeding while pregnant

5K views 67 replies 20 participants last post by  sarahl918 
#1 ·
Is anyone else currently bfing a baby/toddler? My 15 month old still nurses a few times a day, and at least once at night. I'm pretty nervous about my milk drying up, because she is super attached to the boob! Has anyone tried motherlove more milk two? It's supposed to be designed for pregnant & nursing moms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#58 ·
Subbing to come back and read all of this later. I nursed my first child while I was pregnant with my second one a decade ago (and then tandem nursed for about a year and a half), and now I'm nursing my 19 month old while pregnant with #4 . It is something I found so challenging that I swore I'd never do it again … but then ended up surprise pregnant while nursing a toddler again, and couldn't bear to wean her so young. We have good days and very, very aggravating days.

#60 ·
I keep checking but so far I haven't noticed any colostrum. I'm kinda hoping it won't come in until this night weaning struggle is over [emoji53]

#61 ·
I thought mine had come in a while ago but I'm pretty sure it hasn't. I try squeezing almost daily but nada. I have noticed my boobs getting MUCH fuller in the last couple of weeks, and I started leaking around this time with DD, so hopefully I'll get it soon.

#62 ·
I think mine may be starting to, although I'm only 19w6d today. I'm hearing her swallowing again, and she hasn't been doing that much for the last several weeks. I can't express any, but I've never been very good at expressing anyhow.

This is how I'm feeling about nursing today:

#64 ·
@Moonridden that make me laugh!!

I've started denying my daughter nursing at night. Not every time, but if I'm feeling touched out or it hurts too much. It's been a struggle, but I'm trying to keep at it. She calmed down easier last night with me rocking her back and forth and humming, but wakes up once we lay back down. It's a work in progress.

#65 ·
@dahlia810 That seems to be how it went for us too - gradual, a little here and a little there. It will get better! You'll both get better sleep soon!!!

#66 ·
Thanks @sarahl918 last night was both better and worse. She slept from ~9:30 until 3, not asking to nurse at all. Then when she wanted to nurse at 3, she got completely panicky and hysterical :( thrashing, kicking and screaming crying. I felt terrible. I ended up letting her nurse because she was just too upset.

#67 ·
Hey mamas :) just wanted to update! My little lady no longer nurses at night! We took a break from trying to nightwean, because it just seemed to be causing her too much distress. I started trying again a few weeks ago, and she took to it with very little upset. At first she would fuss a little, but go back to sleep snuggled up with me singing to her. Now she doesn't ask to nurse til 6/6:30am! It was perfect timing too, because my nipples have really been hurting.

I hope you're all doing well!!

#68 ·
@dahlia810 that is awesome!! Huge milestone!!! Doesn't it feel great? I still can't believe how lucky I am to not have to nurse all night long for at least a couple more months. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.