Weekly chat? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
 31Likes

#61 of 346 Old 02-06-2015, 01:18 PM

Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
@xixstar I really sympathize with you. My nausea is worst at night, from 4-whenever I fall asleep or throw up.

Last night DD was up from 10-12p fussing and not able to get comfortable, she's cutting 4 teeth. I was so nauseous I could barely think straight, I just kept thinking "every minute i'm awake is another minute I feel like crap." My poor DH works from home and has been so great with helping me, letting me rest in the morning and running to the store to get whatever sounds edible to me that day/hour. He is not getting much work done and I feel so guilty. I would pay real money to get rid of this sickness. You think one day that will be an option for mamas?

Wife to DH, stay at home mama to DD1 (10.01.13) and DD2 (09.24.15)! Expecting #3 Sept 2018
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MTHFR Homo C677T

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DD1 born 10.13, DD2 born 9.15

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 346 Old 02-06-2015, 04:21 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I just posted this on another thread but my wife was in the same boat and started Diclegis on Monday. She is doing so much better and is able to get out of bed in the morning. We tried so many other things and this is the first thing that has given her relief.
#63 of 346 Old 02-06-2015, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarwyn View Post
6 in one bedroom! I can't even imagine. I'm driving hubby crazy trying to find room for ONE kid in our room, haha. our bed isn't big enough for the two of us (we're both a bit overweight and it's only a full size), let alone a baby. I'm looking at co-sleeper bassinet type stuff, but everything is too big for our room or too tall for our bed.
Have you seen the BEDNEST before? You can rent it for 179 for 6 months and it adjusts to different levels to match the height of your bed.

http://www.bednest.com/

#64 of 346 Old 02-06-2015, 06:22 PM

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarcySD View Post
Have you seen the BEDNEST before? You can rent it for 179 for 6 months and it adjusts to different levels to match the height of your bed.

http://www.bednest.com/
no i hadn't seen it! very cool, a lot more money than i was planning to spend (i was going to get something at the thrift store) but might be worth it since it looks really sturdy and is the right size and height. thanks!
DarcySD likes this.

Me
31, married to Wolf
since 09/10. Emerald Angel Baby
left us 10/6/14. Rainbow Baby due Sept 3
and it's a GIRL!

#65 of 346 Old 02-07-2015, 09:26 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feeling like crap. I have to take shots to keep from clotting while pregnant and having massive bruises and burning from the injections is not fun. This is the worst I've felt with any pregnancy. Thinking it might be time to see the dr.

Wife to Geof
(4/10), Mom to Connor (7/14/10), Cayleigh (4/20/12), and Chloe (1/7/14)
. Expecting another
Late Sept/Early Oct. Living with Factor V Leiden (7/12).
#66 of 346 Old 02-07-2015, 11:35 AM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
You are on lovenox?
Why is there a love in the word?
I have prothrombin 2 - my uncle had factor 5 and pro2. I am not into any danger signs yet, not swelling, not yet even wearing the hose. I'm on just asprin for now. Last pregnancy I was shooting up from day one. Odd because I was 30lbs lighter then. I get dime sized bruising but no burn.

8 might be enough?
Or maybe 9 will be?
EDD September 18, 2015
#67 of 346 Old 02-08-2015, 12:15 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
@Shiloh , yes, I'm on Lovenox. I have Favor V leiden. Found out after baby #2 when I had a massive blood clot from my ankle to in my abdomen. Had to have surgery twice and almost died. I suppose the shots are better than going through all of that again.

Wife to Geof
(4/10), Mom to Connor (7/14/10), Cayleigh (4/20/12), and Chloe (1/7/14)
. Expecting another
Late Sept/Early Oct. Living with Factor V Leiden (7/12).
#68 of 346 Old 02-08-2015, 12:50 PM

I have never found the burn or big bruising mind you I'm on 40 I think, once I was given a higherdose and bled for no reason. I freaked.

8 might be enough?
Or maybe 9 will be?
EDD September 18, 2015
#69 of 346 Old 02-08-2015, 01:31 PM

I did the Lovenox injections (40mg) all through my last pregnancy too, and for the 6 weeks following delivery (due to MTHFR). I am not on them this time, because I don't have a history of clotting and my homocysteine levels are normal, so I decided to follow my doctor's advice and try without. I experienced bruising & burning the first couple times I did the injections, but after that nothing... I found that the easiest place to give them was right on my lower abdomen, almost to my hip, right around the bikini area. I would alternate sides. The burning sensation went away, or maybe I just got used to it.

Wife to DH, stay at home mama to DD1 (10.01.13) and DD2 (09.24.15)! Expecting #3 Sept 2018

MTHFR Homo C677T

#70 of 346 Old 02-11-2015, 05:52 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Aw ladies I am so sorry you are all feeling so miserable! I am kinda weirded out that my nausea isn't very bad. But trying to just be grateful. I am already having troubles "down there". Just finished a yeast infection treatment but I still itch and I still have a UTI. Really don't want to take antibiotics but my cranberry pills and probiotics don't seem to be helping, I always have those issues when I'm pregnant and I hate it. Also my sense of smell is so keen right now. I'm sure I'm driving my family crazy because I keep nagging them to get rid of stinky stuff. Like kipper snacks. Omg, they are so healthy and I love that my kids love them but man they reek! And then they spill the juice everywhere and my house stinks like fish! I do not remember this from previous pregnancies.
#71 of 346 Old 02-11-2015, 08:24 PM

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Well pregnancy wise i'm doing pretty good so far. Just light cramping here and there. Saw my midwife and she basically just went over all the new patient info and answered my questions and whatnot. Turns out I get to meet regularly with each of the midwives in her group on a regular basis so that I can feel comfortable with whoever may be on call at the time I go into labor. Unfortunately all the other midwives are about a 45 min - 1 hr drive away... down where the birth center is. But at least i'll be familiar with the birth center's location by then. I already asked about what situations warrant a transfer and whatnot. She said their transfer rate is about 10% compared to the other midwives in my area at 30%. So that's comforting at least. I sure hope I get the birth I want this time!

R
wife to R
, Mommy to A
9/17/08!, And new arrival S
8/15/15!
#72 of 346 Old 02-12-2015, 07:14 AM

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
I'm sorry everyone is feeling poorly

I feel like I am in limbo, which is frustrating. I tested my progesterone a week and a half ago and it was quite low. I'm not sold on the science of progesterone supplementation in pregnancy, but my OB friend prescribed me shots and pills. We did see the HB at 7 weeks 1 day, but I can't shake the feeling that the progesterone is prolonging the inevitable. To make matters worse, I went on and did a serial hcg this week (I would NEVER order such a thing this late after seeing a HB for a client) and it was just confusing. It rose, but not much. But then again, that can be normal at 8 weeks. I am trying to talk myself into being patient. I should be able to hear the HB with a doppler in a couple weeks and that will be reassuring, surely.

My first two pregnancies were 10 and 7 years ago when midwifery was underground here and there was no access to labs and ultrasounds. In some ways that was better. I sortof wish I didn't know how low my progesterone was :/

Midwife, Mama
#73 of 346 Old 02-12-2015, 07:27 AM

What are your hcg numbers?
My dr wouldn't even check my progesterone I guess in my country they don't believe supplements do much.

8 might be enough?
Or maybe 9 will be?
EDD September 18, 2015
#74 of 346 Old 02-12-2015, 08:49 AM

My hcg was about 25000 at 7 and 5 and then 36000 48 hours later. Hcg can peak at 7-10 weeks and declines starting somewhere between 8-12 weeks. So, yeah, don't ask me why I tested it when I did! I texted my partner this morning to say she just needs to take over my care; I lose all reason when it comes to myself. lol.

Its the curse of having my own lab account. My friend is a NaPro technology OB and they are all firmly in the progesterone supplementation camp.

Midwife, Mama
#75 of 346 Old 02-12-2015, 10:32 AM

Those #s look good. I only had one hcg taken, again unless it's in that 4rth week when doubling matters or they fear a mc here they don't check 2x. Youre #s are high, rising, you have a hb. You know that's awesome.

Mind you I'm exactly like you I am not reassured easily, this pregnancy is textbook good hcg 67000 at 7 weeks, lots of sickness, symptoms but I still fear a loss. My mmc hcg was already declining and 1/4 of what this pregnancy is. I'm still terrified.

8 might be enough?
Or maybe 9 will be?
EDD September 18, 2015
#76 of 346 Old 02-12-2015, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh View Post
Those #s look good. I only had one hcg taken, again unless it's in that 4rth week when doubling matters or they fear a mc here they don't check 2x. Youre #s are high, rising, you have a hb. You know that's awesome.

Mind you I'm exactly like you I am not reassured easily, this pregnancy is textbook good hcg 67000 at 7 weeks, lots of sickness, symptoms but I still fear a loss. My mmc hcg was already declining and 1/4 of what this pregnancy is. I'm still terrified.
I'm so sorry you're terrified. I understand.

I feel nostalgic for my first pregnancy, when I never, ever *really* worried about anything. I thought I worried, but it was an intellectual worry. Now that I have two children, a miscarriage and almost a year of "trying" behind me, I am just a mess. The late 1st and 2nd trimester losses this year in my practice loom large also. I am trying to just know that there's nothing I can really do about any of it. This is a challenge for me, and for most of us.

I made an "appointment" with my partner in two weeks. I am going to try to stay busy (and not puke) in the meantime. If I hear a normal heartbeat at 10 weeks I *think* I will chill out.

Midwife, Mama
#77 of 346 Old 02-20-2015, 07:36 AM

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
I swear I have a noticeable bump already at 11 weeks, but my husband doesn't confirm.There was a pooch before but this Iis very centered and round. Perhaps I am imagining it in my eagerness to be recognized as pregnant to the outside world. Im rockin my belly either way fat or bump! Anyone else feel like they are showing?
#78 of 346 Old 02-20-2015, 12:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 90 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
I don't think I'm showing yet, but then again, I'm only 9 weeks (tomorrow). I got a dating ultrasound today! It was such a relief to see that sweet little heartbeat flickering away 178 beats per minute! [IMG]

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/02/20/4542d01ae2261d7e39cb13bb47698cd4.jpg[/IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Happily married to my high school sweetheart, and mama to our baby girl luxlove.gif
#79 of 346 Old 02-20-2015, 12:38 PM - Thread Starter

I think something went wrong with the last photo? I'm bad at this lol

Happily married to my high school sweetheart, and mama to our baby girl luxlove.gif
#80 of 346 Old 02-20-2015, 01:01 PM

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
That's cool that you can see the umbilical cord so well!
#81 of 346 Old 02-20-2015, 01:50 PM - Thread Starter

I know! And now I know this nausea is for good reason haha

#82 of 346 Old 02-20-2015, 06:58 PM

Yay! Soo cute! I had an U/S today too and got to see my little cutie kicking and punching and squirming all around. I don't remember my DD being that active in such an early U/S (I am 10w2d). Totally agree that it makes it worth it... when I came home and threw up after my appt, I kept thinking about that little sweetie and was thankful for the reminder. That said, I'll be happy to move onto the next trimester soon. Haha.

MTHFR Homo C677T

#83 of 346 Old 02-21-2015, 06:59 PM

Hi Everyone.

We just found out that my wife is MTHFR Homo C677T and our CNM told us she needed to start taking more folic acid. Our home birth midwife told us we needed to stay away from folic acid and switch to folate/methlyfolate. Having two conflicting recommendations is really making me confused and angry. saral918 what do you do?
#84 of 346 Old 02-21-2015, 07:56 PM

@DarcySD Go with your home birth midwife's advice. My OB wanted me to take an increased amount of folic acid (Rx Folgard). This is the standard recommendation from most OBs, which makes no sense, because your wife & I can't absorb it at all. It is like overloading the body on something it can't even take! L-methylfolate is the way to go, and I have confirmed this with other doctors, both of the obstetric and GP variety, and by doing a lot of my own research online and talking to other mamas with MTFHR. Beyond methylfolate, it's also very important for her to take the non-synthetic versions of b6 (pyridoxal 5'-phosphate) and b12 (methylcobalamin) to aid in absorption. D3 and Fish Oil are also essential... and a baby aspirin is great in case she has issues with clotting. I would recommend she get a blood panel done to check her homocysteine levels, which indicate how at-risk she is for clotting. With my last pregnancy, I gave myself Lovenox injections (blood thinner) the entire time and for 6 weeks after, despite having normal homocysteine levels. This time I am just doing baby aspirin and my vitamin regimen. I've never had a blood clot, so I felt ok with not doing the injections. Most doctors don't feel they are necessary anyway, but you will find a lot of mamas that elect to do Lovenox/heparin injections while pg.

Here is what I take, including brands/amounts, which are in line with the reommended amounts for MTHFR mamas (especially homo c677t, which is what I have, and the most severe mutation):

Jarrow B-Right (1/day)
Folate (5-MTHF) - 400mcg
B6 (P-5-P) - 10mg
B6 (pyridoxine HCl) - 25mg
B12 (methylcobalamin) - 100mcg

Seeking Health Active B12 Lozenge (1/day)
Folate (5-MTHF) - 800mcg
B12 (methylcobalamin) - 1,000mcg

Seeking Health L-MTHF
Folate (5-MTFH) = 1000mcg

Thorne Research Basic Prenatal (3/day)
Folate (500 mcg as Calicum Folinate and 500mcg as L-5-Methyltetrahydrofolate) - 1mg
B6 (as p-5-p) - 10mg
B12 (100mg as adenosylcobalamin and 100mg as methylcobalamin) - 200mg

Nutrigold Omega-3 Fish Oil EPA/DHA = 1000mg 2x/day
Nutrigold Vitamin D3 = 5000 IU/day

TOTAL/DAY:
Folate (5-MTHF) = 3200mcg / 3.2mg
B6 (P-5-P & Pyridoxine) = 45mg
B12 (methylcobalamin) = 1300mcg / 1.3mg
Fish Oil = 1000mg 2x/day
D3 = 5000 IU/day

Sorry for the novel - this is something I feel passionately about because I feel it is the reason I carried my daughter to term after suffering two losses back to back. Please feel free to PM me if you have any Qs, and here is a great resource for more info: mthfr.net

MTHFR Homo C677T

#85 of 346 Old 02-21-2015, 08:17 PM

I had an early U/S and can't stop staring at the pictures. My DH thinks i'm crazy, lol. He says it looks like an alien... but they kinda do look a little weird at around 10 to 11 weeks. I guess it's just the momma in me seeing the future baby instead of the alien looking life form in the pictures. I already see a nub, but everyone online says it's way too early for a good guess... so i'm stuck waiting for now.

R
wife to R
, Mommy to A
8/15/15!
#86 of 346 Old 02-22-2015, 02:31 PM - Thread Starter

I love looking at my pictures too! Even though it looks like a little shrimp or something lol. But I see the baby too, not the weirdness haha

#87 of 346 Old 02-22-2015, 02:32 PM - Thread Starter

Oh and @funfunkyfantastic you should post a pic! I'd love to try to see a nub

#88 of 346 Old 02-22-2015, 04:56 PM

Not sure if this link will work, but here is the nub shot you requested dahlia810:

R
wife to R
, Mommy to A
8/15/15!
#89 of 346 Old 02-22-2015, 05:56 PM - Thread Starter

I'm not great at deciphering nub shots, lol, but I'd guess girl on yours! I can't wait for my next u/s!

#90 of 346 Old 02-22-2015, 06:54 PM

sarahl918 thank you so so much for all of your help. We were so stressed because of the conflicting advice but my instinct was to go with our home birth midwife. DW is still feeling pretty sick but we are slowly adding in the additional folate, more omega 3's and vitamin D3. We had her homocysteine levels tested and they came out normal. I will show her your post so she can check out the brands you are using. I really appreciate it!!
sarahl918 likes this.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page