Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Looks like a girl to me!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#92 of 346 Old 02-23-2015, 02:18 PM

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
How funny, on the site I posted it on everyone has said boy. Should be fun to find out eventually.
#93 of 346 Old 02-23-2015, 04:27 PM

Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
I was going to vote boy, too - at our 12 wk scan with dd the nub was very clearly straight, this one isn't as clear but what I think is the nub looks like it's pointing up with some degree! I love looking at this stuff, especially since DH has convinced me to be surprised this time around.

Wife to DH, stay at home mama to DD1 (10.01.13) and DD2 (09.24.15)! Expecting #3 Sept 2018
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MTHFR Homo C677T

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DD1 born 10.13, DD2 born 9.15

#94 of 346 Old 02-23-2015, 04:28 PM

@DarcySD you are more than welcome! I was initially stressed by it too, but it is really easily managed especially if your wife has no issues with clotting.
DarcySD likes this.

Wife to DH, stay at home mama to DD1 (10.01.13) and DD2 (09.24.15)! Expecting #3 Sept 2018

MTHFR Homo C677T

#95 of 346 Old 02-24-2015, 09:39 PM

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
*knocks wood* I have been tired but otherwise feeling pretty good this time around. I don't know how much of that is that it is a different pregnancy vs my anemia and hypothyroidism being corrected this time around. I started a PPI for the wicked heartburn, so that's not a problem anymore, and other than fleeting nausea after eating too much or having an empty stomach, bigger boobs, and occasional mild low back pain, I'm feeling pretty normal.

My pregnancy with DD was awful in every possible way, including developing issues that later required surgical correction (deQuervain's tenosynovitis). I don't want to sound like I'm gloating, but it is a nice change compared to my first pregnancy.

Given that DD had awful colic and reflux her whole first year, which she spent screaming...I can't help but wonder if ease of pregnancy = ease of the baby?
#96 of 346 Old 02-26-2015, 03:32 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Hi everyone! I'd wanted to be more involved here from the start this pregnancy but I've been consumed by work and life and being sick.

I think my morning sickness is actually dissipating - what?! - though I'm afraid to say it out loud. Last pregnancy I was super sick through week 20, so I expected that again.

I can feel my bump now! I can't feel it with my hands or see it, but if I lay on my belly I notice it's definitely hard. I am laying on my belly as much as I can before it gets uncomfortable. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I had to reschedule my first midwife visit due to births, and finally told the receptionist that I'm coming in for a prenatal appt, not an IUD consult. We both had a good laugh over that.

Husband and I finally went on a date last night - third childless outing in two years, and first success - and I was determined to do something fun. Had to eliminate trampoline park because Dr Google said placenta could dislodge. I still doubt that and want to go anyway, but I'm being good. We went go kart racing instead, which was awesome.
#97 of 346 Old 02-26-2015, 10:53 PM

@sgsnyder Oooo go kart racing! Hubby keeps saying his friends from work are wanting to do that, but they always cancel on us. I wanna go! I can't drive my car like a street racer anymore, because thanks to a previous repair job gone wrong (I think before I owned it) my tire almost fell off while I was driving. Right now it's little more than a patch job till I can find the part I need (an apparently rare wheel nut that only dealerships and junk yards carry.) At least I know my tire is a little less likely to fall off now. Hubby's buddy was the one who checked it out and is helping with the repairs. The guy said he wants to make sure the car is safe for our family, especially with a new baby on the way.

R
wife to R
, Mommy to A
9/17/08!, And new arrival S
8/15/15!
#98 of 346 Old 02-27-2015, 09:53 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 90 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
@sgdnyder that sounds so fun! Now I want a fun date haha oh and I hope you keep feeling better! That's great! How many weeks are you? I can't keep track
@funfunkyfantastic lol at driving like a street racer I'm not a fast driver at all haha

I might be completely crazy, but is it possible that I could feeling occasional movement this early?? I felt the first signs of movement with my daughter at 14 weeks, but I'm only 10 now! I was using my Doppler the other day and I swear I could feel a little nudge at one point. And sometimes when I sit all curled up I feel little twinges, but it's soo slight. It could be my imagination... Or gas lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Happily married to my high school sweetheart, and mama to our baby girl luxlove.gif
#99 of 346 Old 02-27-2015, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahlia810 View Post

I might be completely crazy, but is it possible that I could feeling occasional movement this early??
Oh I believe it's definitely possible. I hear you always feel it earlier the 2nd time around. I keep thinking I feel movement, but I'm not sure yet. Trying to enjoy having space to breathe and not getting kicked black and blue while it lasts, lol.
#100 of 346 Old 02-27-2015, 06:55 PM

I've definitely felt what I thought could be something in the last week. I felt DD at 14 weeks, but it was more of a vibration (like a cell phone inside my uterus, that's exactly what it felt like) but it only lasted a week and then nothing until 18 weeks when I felt the first kick. It's going to be so fun feeling those little jabs and somersaults again. Until the end when I can't breathe anymore of course.

MTHFR Homo C677T

#101 of 346 Old 02-27-2015, 07:57 PM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I think I'm feeling movement too but being a loss mama I also think I'm crazy and probably not really pregnant so once I hear the hb in 11 days....im such a nutter lol

8 might be enough?
Or maybe 9 will be?
EDD September 18, 2015
#102 of 346 Old 02-27-2015, 10:09 PM

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
It's definitely possible, especially if it is a second or later pregnancy so you know the difference between baby movement and gas. :-) I am almost 9 weeks and have felt movement this week. It's awesome.
#103 of 346 Old 02-28-2015, 06:05 AM - Thread Starter

I'm so glad I'm not crazy lol! @Shiloh hang in there mama, I hope the 11 days goes by quickly!! I bet you're feeling movement though! @FluffyFlamingo that's so cool that you've been feeling movement too!

Happily married to my high school sweetheart, and mama to our baby girl luxlove.gif
#104 of 346 Old 02-28-2015, 06:17 PM

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
When I am laying still in the bath sometimes I can feel fluttering, but not distinct enough to be sure that it's not just gas. My belly however has suddenly become very noticeable. Maybe I will start a belly thread tomorrow. I keep joking that I am having twins, but I am starting to feel nervous that it could be true. But prob not.
#105 of 346 Old 02-28-2015, 07:44 PM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Oh I'm in no rush.
I was thinking of moving the appointment a week or two.
I hate going before I know the baby is alive because I can feel him not some stranger telling me where my life is going..

That and I'm 40 and very prolife (I'm pro-choice for everyone and my choice is prolife). I Hate the push for early screening. Like how many ultrasounds, blood tests etc?

8 might be enough?
Or maybe 9 will be?
EDD September 18, 2015
#106 of 346 Old 02-28-2015, 09:49 PM

Anyone getting lower back pain this early? I think it's because everything is all loose in preparation for expanding out front. Boy am I sore though.
#107 of 346 Old 03-01-2015, 01:30 PM

Not as much back pain for me but I am out of breath every time I try to do anything. Chasing 17 mo DD around to get her dressed or put a diaper on is EXHAUSTING. Feels like I ran a marathon. Good thing summer's coming because she'll be naked a lot if this is any indication.

MTHFR Homo C677T

#108 of 346 Old 03-03-2015, 02:14 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Hi everyone, I had thought I posted in the into thread but I can't find it. Maybe it bothered some people as I talked about being unsure if I could keep this bean.
Anyways, my partner and I went in for a dating ultrasound (super confusing because of changing cycles and bleeding in january twice, but by symptoms i was pretty sure when it happened) and babe is 9week 3 days gestational age. I haven't gotten excited yet. The idea of having 5 kids kind of terrifies me, but I am feeing thoughtful and my partner and I have both been talking to the babe. It's a pretty big time. I just turned 34 and I have 4,7,9 and 12 year old children. I adore being a mama and had 4 home births.. i loved it all and when i think about just the holding a baby i get giddy. I had my 4 children with a different papa who is very uninvolved now, which makes it all that much more stressful but I am praying things will become clear and we will have a slightly bigger and happier family in the fall..

my morning sickness is starting to wane, and I am less tired for sure. finally. Its been a hard few months.

Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.... mama of 4 lovelies, an angel, and one on the way.

#109 of 346 Old 03-03-2015, 02:18 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by funfunkyfantastic View Post
Anyone getting lower back pain this early? I think it's because everything is all loose in preparation for expanding out front. Boy am I sore though.
i was starting to get pubic bone pain, it was one of the things that made me realize i was probably pregnant. one of the stretches that i find the most useful is laying on my back with knees up and pushing up one side and raising that hip off the floor toward the ceiling as far as you can comfortably and kind of squeezing and holding it, then going to the other side and doing the same, and a few repetitions. it really loosens up the hips and lower back and I haven't had any pain since I started doing this.

Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.... mama of 4 lovelies, an angel, and one on the way.

#110 of 346 Old 03-03-2015, 02:53 PM

@MamaFern I think I shall try that. It feels like a kinda grinding pain in my lower back. If I can find a way to alleviate it, that would be great.

R
wife to R
, Mommy to A
8/15/15!
#111 of 346 Old 03-03-2015, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funfunkyfantastic View Post
@MamaFern I think I shall try that. It feels like a kinda grinding pain in my lower back. If I can find a way to alleviate it, that would be great.
Have you tried visiting a chiropractor? I see one who specializes in non-force adjustments and he helped me so much throughout my last pregnancy (and beyond). In the beginning I had so much back pain, I had three visits to try and fix it before he finally just did a traditional adjustment. Worked like a charm, though.

MTHFR Homo C677T

#112 of 346 Old 03-03-2015, 09:03 PM

@sarahl918 Yeah I went to a chiropractor my last pregnancy. This time however I cannot afford the $40 or so to visit one each time. So that leaves me one option... that I have been considering. That option means doing trade work for my chiropractor again. *sigh* 3 hour visits full of medical billing just don't sound like that much fun to me. Now if only he'd go run with my advertising ideas so he could make enough money to actually hire me. He likes to tell me he'd hire me if he could afford it. Something I always give him grief about. It looks like the trade work is my only choice though if I want good chiropractic care for free. And the good thing is I can get it as often as I need... provided I have 3 hours to waste. lol.

R
wife to R
, Mommy to A
8/15/15!
#113 of 346 Old 03-04-2015, 11:38 AM - Thread Starter

I swear, if I'm not nauseous and unable to even think about food, I'm starving instead. There is no in between!! What are you guys craving, if anything? I am constantly wanting a cold cut sub Constantly.

#114 of 346 Old 03-04-2015, 02:11 PM

@dahlia810 I have totally been wanting sub sandwiches, too. I've eaten a few, but toasted so hopefully that is better than the cold variety. I'm really into citrus anything yesterday - got some sumo oranges at the store yesterday and they are SOO good! What a relief to have an appetite again!
@funfunkyfantastic wow that is wild! Your $40 is a bargain compared to my $60. I don't go very often, but when I need it it is usually worth it. My chiro does all-around alternative medicine, herbology, acupuncture, nutrition, etc. He's given me Chinese herbs to cure sinus problems and help balance my levels post m/c. I don't see a primary care physician, so I count that as my "healthcare" for now. In denial that I have to find someone new when we move next month!

12 weeks today. When do you girls plan on "announcing?" I feel like most of our family and friends already know.

MTHFR Homo C677T

#115 of 346 Old 03-04-2015, 06:19 PM

When it comes to announcing... we've pretty much done all the announcing that needs to be done. We only have a small circle of friends as it is, so yeah.

As for cravings, I haven't had many lately. I was craving a lot of salt though. Now i'm not really craving much of anything, except maybe meat a little bit. I'm not a huge meat eater, so it's unusual for me to want very much of it if any at all.

R
wife to R
, Mommy to A
8/15/15!
#116 of 346 Old 03-05-2015, 12:21 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi all! First time posting in this thread. I'm about 10.5 weeks and after what seemed like a good couple days, nausea hit me like a truck again I seriously cannot remember what it feels like to not be sick. Anyone get to that point? At least I'm only puking every other day rather than twice a day like week 9! DS turned two yesterday! He is still nursing and in many ways I'm grateful for the break it gives me...we can rest together whenever he wants "Mommy's milk." Still I worry about my ability to tandem at night if we get to that point.
#117 of 346 Old 03-05-2015, 02:13 PM

I've definitely gotten to the point of not remembering what it's like to not feel sick. I'm at the point now where I'm not nauseous 24/7 (I'm 12 weeks) but it does hit me randomly and I'll have to run to the bathroom. At least now I can throw up when I feel nauseous instead of holding it in.

We had a big milestone last night - it was the first time DD has EVER not woken me up to nurse at night. She woke up twice before I joined her in the bed, but once we were all in there together (11pm) she didn't ask to nurse once, not even when she woke up at 6am and went with my husband. I think my milk is pretty much gone now so I'm sure that is a contributing factor.

MTHFR Homo C677T

#118 of 346 Old 03-05-2015, 04:02 PM

Man, I sure feel blessed not to be feeling the nausea this time around. My non nausea is what is making me think this could definitely be a boy. Everyone says you get less nausea with a boy, so we'll see. I was plenty nauseous with my daughter. I'm weird though, so vomiting is never really a factor with me. I rarely if ever throw up for any reason. My body has developed such a hatred for it that it won't let me. So, the downside is even if I feel horrid and just want to get it over with and throw up, I can't. I think one of the most recent times I have vomited was when I was in transition with DD1. Didn't even know it was possible to have that happen during labor, but I sure enough found out!

Anyone else have any symptoms or non symptoms that make you feel this one could be a boy or girl?

R
wife to R
, Mommy to A
8/15/15!
#119 of 346 Old 03-05-2015, 06:37 PM

I had a lot of nausea/vomiting with my daughter and very little to none with my two boys. This time around I have a lot of nausea/vomiting again that makes me think this one could be a girl. Chinese gender said girl as well but I can't remember if it we always right for me before.

#120 of 346 Old 03-05-2015, 08:09 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Feels like I have every symptom in the book. I've been having back pain, nausea, vomiting, heartburn, fatigue, and I've never daydreamed about food so much in my life. I was in a conversation and holding an egg with some salt and pepper packets, and I couldn't WAIT to end the conversation and bite into the egg and sprinkle that all over, I kept imagining it. Also I've been daydreaming about salt running out of the box. It's a little ridiculous.
I heard the baby's heartbeat at my latest appointment <3 I was in shock, I could hardly believe it. I got an audio recording of it so when I tell people I'm pregnant and they inevitably ask "Are you serious?!" I can whip out my phone and show them.
I am on the waitlist for midwives in my area unfortunately, which doesn't make sense because they should prioritize hopeful homebirths.
I told my parents, which was quite the undertaking, and it went the opposite of what I expected. Everyone mentioned how abstinence is the only 100% effective form of birth control. Like right, thanks, so helpful. My stepmother (who has never had a baby) has graciously informed me, twice, that I 'need to eat right' now that I'm pregnant. Like great, thanks, I'll get right on that, as soon as this chemotherapy-level nausea takes a hike. Maybe in a few weeks. So frustrating.
Also my step mother objects to me having a home birth. It's her house, her rules... so I'm thinking maybe I won't be living there very long. We've never had a great relationship. Maybe I'll end up moving in with my boy toy, if we become a thing. However I met him... like... January 18... lol.
TBH I'm only happy that my baby is showing only healthy signs right now, and that aside from common complaints, this pregnancy is generally going smoothly. I am sooooooo grateful I don't have to chase after any older kids, I'm way too tired to be able to deal with that on my own. Not jealous of you other mamas.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page