We were hoping to get a new room ready for our 2 -year old, but it has taken longer to get the office moved. My husband still needs to get the room downstairs tiled (the guy who he wants to do the work has been busy) so he can move his office out to make room for our toddler's bed. Now I think it's too late for our toddler to have time to adjust to sleeping in his own room before the new baby comes, so we may end up with both the toddler and the new baby in our bedroom with us - it will be wall to wall beds!
1. Wash baby clothes and blankets
2. Make a baby quilt
3. Make a twin size quilt for 2-year old - this may be a little ambitious to try to do before baby comes - we'll see.
4. buy newborn diapers
5. Here one tradition when a baby is born is to give every visitor who comes special decorated chocolate, which are passed out in a basket. You can order them pre-made, but we are planning to do our own. So we still need to decorate the basket, the chocolate boxes, buy the chocolates, and buy more fake flowers to decorate with.
6. Set up basket or my desk for changing table stuff for baby.
7. Decide which crib to use for the baby and get it set up in place
8. Recover the Moses basket with pink material for our baby girl (currently it is blue and tan).
9. Make and freeze and "birthday" cake for our new baby - my 2-year old really likes singing happy birthday, so we're more doing the cake to help him celebrate when his new sister comes home. Hopefully, my mom will be able to decorate the cake when I'm in the hospital for the birth.
10. Finish reading the book Peaceful Parent, Happy Siblings and implement the suggestions for helping our toddler prepare for his new baby sister.
11. Write birth plan
12. Meet with doula
Mother to one baby boy born June 18th, 2013 and 2nd baby on the way, due Sept 2nd, 2015.