Colds and Sinus Infections - Mothering Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By kellybeth

#1 of 10 Old 05-07-2015, 07:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 104 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Colds and Sinus Infections

I just need to complain. I have always been a relatively healthy person. Seasonal allergies were always an issue, but I managed with antihistamines, and oral and inhaled steroids. I am only 18 weeks, and I have had three sinus infections. It starts with allergies (or allergy-type symptoms), and within a few days, I am filled with green mucus, and fighting all the other symptoms (fatigue, headache, muscle aches, coughing, and sore throat). I am really frustrated. It was rare for me to get sick before I was pregnant, and I was always surrounded with children at work. I wash my hands constantly, and I drink a lot of fluid. I take Vitamin C, and I use the Neti Pot twice a day. What else can I do? I hope this doesn't continue for the next few months.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 10 Old 05-08-2015, 04:16 AM

Mentioned: 90 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
That sounds so miserable I don't have any advice, but I hope you feel better soon and that your sinuses calm down!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Happily married to my high school sweetheart, and mama to our baby girl luxlove.gif
#3 of 10 Old 05-08-2015, 09:03 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
fennel tea helps break down decongestion.
you could try nat mur, too. it's just minerals and safe during pregnancy.
and eliminating dairy and sugar helps immensely but people don't like to hear that.

kelly beth, hubby and 2 yr oldĀ 
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

#4 of 10 Old 05-08-2015, 10:21 AM

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Uff! Sorry. I am taking Zinc & D&K2 for immunity. Seems to help. Do you drink pregnancy tea (loose herbs) with nettles?
#5 of 10 Old 05-09-2015, 10:52 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you for listening, ladies! I am spending the weekend in bed, and I have asked DH to look for fennel tea, and a loose leaf pregnancy tea with nettles. I already have very limited dairy and sugar in my diet, and I am on other supplements, too. It is crazy to feel so defeated, but it has been months. I really want to enjoy this pregnancy!
#6 of 10 Old 05-11-2015, 12:02 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
i like to keep my private life and business life separate but i make this tea from herbs that i grow organically or co-op with an organic farm for:
http://www.twig-leaf.com/shop/first-trimester-tea
it's great for all stages of pregnancy but i made it for myself and it worked so well that i decided to make it available for everyone.
it could definitely help your immune system.
treehugger86 likes this.

kelly beth, hubby and 2 yr oldĀ 
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#7 of 10 Old 05-13-2015, 06:31 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellybeth View Post
i like to keep my private life and business life separate but i make this tea from herbs that i grow organically or co-op with an organic farm for:
http://www.twig-leaf.com/shop/first-trimester-tea
it's great for all stages of pregnancy but i made it for myself and it worked so well that i decided to make it available for everyone.
it could definitely help your immune system.
I will take a look! Thank you!

I'm finally starting to few better, and get my energy back! DH is still fighting the same infection, but definitely on the mends. Phew!
#8 of 10 Old 05-15-2015, 11:32 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Since up to 70% of sinus infections are fungal and not bacterial I used Grapefruit seed extract nasal spray and got rid of my sinus junk when the saline nasal rinse didn't work! I found it at Whole Foods or on Amazon.
#9 of 10 Old 07-10-2017, 05:09 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by treehugger86 View Post
I just need to complain. I have always been a relatively healthy person. Seasonal allergies were always an issue, but I managed with antihistamines, and oral and inhaled steroids. I am only 18 weeks, and I have had three sinus infections. It starts with allergies (or allergy-type symptoms), and within a few days, I am filled with green mucus, and fighting all the other symptoms (fatigue, headache, muscle aches, coughing, and sore throat). I am really frustrated. It was rare for me to get sick before I was pregnant, and I was always surrounded with children at work. I wash my hands constantly, and I drink a lot of fluid. I take Vitamin C, and I use the Neti Pot twice a day. What else can I do? I hope this doesn't continue for the next few months.
I am also suffering from the same conditions as like you and i am now irritated. But i don't want to go for last option operate because i am afraid.
#10 of 10 Old 07-10-2017, 06:10 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
As i went through this condition and it is awful. I tried every method but neti pots work for me.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page