• 1 Post By azohri
  • 1 Post By Iluminatis
  • 1 Post By applejuice

#1 of 8 Old 11-06-2015, 01:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Could you do an 18 hr car ride?

Hi! I hope you all don't mind my popping in over here. I'm in my second trimester and have to decide how we'll attend my sister's wedding, when I'll be 32 weeks. It's either a 4 hour plane ride or an 18 hour drive. If we drive, we'd save a lot of money and wouldn't have to rent a car. I'm also a little nervous about flying, although I didn't find any known link between air travel and preterm labor.

So, do you think you could manage such a long car ride right now, perhaps if you broke it up over 2-3 days? Trying to remember how much it hurt for me to sit at that point in my previous pregnancies.

Thanks!
applejuice likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 8 Old 11-06-2015, 05:58 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I'm 30 weeks now. I could do it over a couple days but it would be a challenge. I get sore when in one position for extended periods of time. But if proper breaks were built in I would survive, and would have at 32 weeks with my first as well.

Married mama to a busy girl (4 yrs) and baby girl (Jan '16.)
#3 of 8 Old 11-09-2015, 07:44 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Do the flight, no question. 18 hours is a A LOT of time in the car at 32 weeks, even if spread over a few days (not to mention you'd then be dragging out your travel over several days -- it would be more tiring). I flew loads through my first pregnancy -- including an international flight at 32 weeks -- and never had any issues. Compression socks can be helpful for some and just remember to get up and walk around/stretch often and drink way more water than you think you need. You'll be happy the trip is over in 4 hours and not 18 -- trust me!

Married 8.2010 | DD 2.2014 | Expecting 1.2016

#4 of 8 Old 11-11-2015, 05:07 AM

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
I just did a 9 hour car ride at 29 weeks to visit family and it wasn't too bad, but I was pretty uncomfortable towards the end. I don't think I'd want to do two days in a row of that. If feasible, I'd fly. I flew a ton in my first pregnancy, up until I was no longer permitted to (I forgot what week that is, but 8 month), and even that was pretty uncomfortable in economy. Thankfully, towards the end, they kept putting me in first class, I guess a combo of being preggo and flying so much on one airline.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
M & B loving life together with Q
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
born Aug '12, expecting again in late January.
#5 of 8 Old 08-12-2019, 03:02 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
wow, no, of course no... Soon I will have a tour around Bangkok that will take about 13 hours, but the car we will ride is so uncomfortable. Maybe there are some better options? I really want to see sightseeing of Bangkok, but this car makes me feel bad...
#6 of 8 Old 08-12-2019, 03:07 AM

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muller21pfg View Post
wow, no, of course no... Soon I will have a tour around Bangkok that will take about 13 hours, but the car we will ride is so uncomfortable. Maybe there are some better options? I really want to see sightseeing of Bangkok, but this car makes me feel bad...
hey, I fully understand you, because all services of transportation are either expensive or uncomfortable... Seriously, I traveled a lot around Bangkok and Thailand in particular, but the single company I really liked is the one, where I and my friends ordered a limousine Thailand, so we had a really comfortable trip around Bangkok that took about 10 hours, but we didn't even observe it By the way, to our surprise their services were at affordable prices, so we ordered that limousine once again
applejuice likes this.
#7 of 8 Old 08-13-2019, 02:44 PM

Location: hunting the wild aebelskiever in the Islets of Langerhans
Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Quoted: 536 Post(s)
Your baby is four now, so I hope it all worked out for you!!
Nazsmum likes this.

"Vaccines are like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get - acute hemorrhagic edema of infancy, allergies, anaphylaxis, asthma, autoimmune disease, diabetes, eczema, petit/gran mal seizures, fibromyalgia, Henoch-Schonlein purpua, Dravet's Syndrome, Retts Syndrome, Sweet's Syndrome, Hughes Syndrome, encephalitis, speech delay, tics, neurological damage, coma, ADEM, ADHD, AFP, ASIA, CFS, CRPS, GBS, ITP, JPA, JRA, LGS, LKS, MS, OMS, ORS, PANDAS, PANS, PINTANDS, POF, POTS, RA, SIDS, SJS, SLE, SPD, SUDS, TPI, the disease one is being vaccinated against, or death."

Paraphrased from "Forrest Gump".

List from the drug companies' own package inserts that come with their product as required by law.
#8 of 8 Old 08-15-2019, 02:16 AM
Banned

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluminatis View Post
hey, I fully understand you, because all services of transportation are either expensive or uncomfortable... Seriously, I traveled a lot around Bangkok and Thailand in particular, but the single company I really liked is the one, where I and my friends ordered a limousine Thailand, so we had a really comfortable trip around Bangkok that took about 10 hours, but we didn't even observe it By the way, to our surprise their services were at affordable prices, so we ordered that limousine once again
wow, I would like to have a trip around Thailand, so that's helpful

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page