1Likes
  • 1 Post By peebs

#1 of 6 Old 02-12-2016, 10:45 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Beatrice Marie is here and I'm smitten!

Hi All!

Just wanted to let y'all know that my little one has arrived. She must have known how antsy and anxious I was to meet her because she decided to show up out of nowhere on Saturday, 2/6, at 37w 4days!

Had absolutely no prior signs (that I noticed) of going into labor. Went out to dinner with my partner on Friday night, and I did notice that all of a sudden, I was feeling really sick of being pregnant! Felt so full and stuffed and tired. We both went to bed super early (9:30) and had a wonderful night of restful sleep, which would turn out to be our last, at least for awhile!

The only crazy thing was that I had a super vivid dream that night (my only vivid dream in the whole pregnancy), where I actually gave myself a c-section, was holding and cooing over my baby, and then it occurred to me that maybe I'd given myself the csection too early and that I should probably put her back. Hah! Well, I rolled over, felt a sharp pop, and a heavy trickle, jumped out of bed, and fifteen minutes later we were en route to the hospital.

Once it was confirmed that my water had indeed broken and I hadn't just peed myself, they confirmed she was still frank breech, and I was prepped for surgery. Then another lady arrived at 34 weeks, frank breech, and 5 cm dilated, and took my spot in the OR. So it was hurry up and wait. The cool thing was that I got to experience a little bit of early labor though, which wouldn't have happened if we'd had the csection as scheduled for the 19th!

Anyway, everything went great. I HATED getting the epidural, yuck. Felt so nauseous and lightheaded and out-of-body. But other than that, the whole c-section thing was just surreal. She was small, 5lb 8oz, and had a very brief period of time on oxygen when they pulled her out, so while I did get to see her and give her a couple of kisses, I didn't get any skin-to-skin until at least an hour later after I'd been wheeled to recovery.

Ya know what? I could not have cared less that we "missed out" on things like delayed cord clamping (they don't do it at my hosp for c-sections), immediate skin-to-skin, or placenta encapsulation (yep, I told them I wanted to keep it but they accidentally forgot and threw it away!). I just wanted a healthy baby and she is so, so much more than that!

Prior to this experience I have been skeptical of doctors and terrified of hospitals, but my experience was just overall lovely. The nurses, the lactation consultants, everyone took such good care of us.

And now we're home, I'm exhausted but blissful. She's nursing like a champ and was already up to her birth weight within 4 days of birth!

Hope everyone else is doing well and wishing everyone beautiful births and babies!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FullSizeRender.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	74.3 KB
ID:	42538  

Click image for larger version

Name:	FullSizeRender1.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	99.9 KB
ID:	42546  

BagLady2016 likes this.

Me, 34, SO 36

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Journeying through life / To and fro, to and fro / Cultivating a small field - Basho
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 02-12-2016, 11:04 AM

Mentioned: 173 Post(s)
Quoted: 345 Post(s)
congratulations!!! So cute
#3 of 6 Old 02-12-2016, 12:25 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
So sorry it was an emergency, so happy it turned out so well.

(Lol I wonder if that other mom and baby will end up in some play group with you. That'd be a fun coincidence.)

#4 of 6 Old 02-12-2016, 10:33 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Congratulations! She's beautiful. Enjoy getting to know each other and hope you have a smooth recovery.
#5 of 6 Old 02-13-2016, 05:25 AM

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Sweetie! She is adorable, congratulations <3 Happy to help you had a good experience.
#6 of 6 Old 02-27-2016, 10:39 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
yay!!!! She's amazing!!! So glad for you!!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page