Baby monitoring using an app instead of hardware? - Mothering Forums

#1 of 4 Old 02-18-2016, 06:12 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Baby monitoring using an app instead of hardware?

Have any of you done baby monitoring by using an app instead of buying actual hardware? I have heard of the Baby Monitor app by Annie but I'm not sure if it's the right one. It looks promising though, my SO and I can both monitor at the same time from separate phones.
Has any of you used baby monitoring apps?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 02-18-2016, 10:51 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
What type of monitoring are you referring to?

If it's just contraction timing, there are tons of apps, and it's probably the easiest way to do it.

If you're talking about the keeping track of diapers and feedings etc etc ... I think all that accounting drives you crazy and is not worth it. If you ave an issue because of which you need to do it (jaundice, excessive weight loss, etc) then it's worth doing on paper (one at the changing table, another wherever nursing happens) so that no one forgets to write it down. And then just stop once it's no longer needed.

If you're talking about fetal heart tone monitoring during labor .... I don't think that's something you can track through an app. Either doppler / fetoscope + charting (excel?), or the big hospital machines and the strip they generate.
#3 of 4 Old 06-19-2016, 06:47 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
From what i understand WiFi baby monitors which you can view baby via an app on smart devices is still new technology. Some people still don't trust it but it seems to be popular because of the ease. I think you can check out some reviews of the best baby monitors at baby monitor world.

#4 of 4 Old 07-15-2016, 08:17 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
How about video baby monitor? Actually I am interested in video baby monitor for my twins. Even I am using motorolla (baby monitor for twins) over 6 months. It's much reliable and up to date. I like this one so much. If you need you can try it here http://www.peekaboobabycollection.co...monitor-twins/

Hope this will help to take the best one. Thank you!

Last edited by Carlberry; 07-15-2016 at 08:27 PM.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page