How long to conceive #3 or more? - Mothering Forums

#1 of 2 Old 05-15-2010, 11:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
I have a son and a daughter that we easily conceived the first month trying. I was 28 when I had my son and 30 when I had my daughter. I'm now 32 and we haven't been as quick this time around. We tried the first month with OK timing (I chart temps and mucus and have good cycles - lots of EWCM, strong thermal shifts, and a luteal phase of 12-14 days). The second month we tried just one day that cycle (I was sick the majority of it) and we got pregnant. I miscarried a week later. We have tried again since that for the past 2 months with great timing and no luck. I know that's not considered a long time, but for me, it is since we got pregnant the first month trying for my first two and now we've been trying since January and we haven't been able to get pregnant or stay pregnant. Was it a fluke that we got pregnant so easily with my first two and this is normal or was that normal and now there is something going on now that is a problem. I keep thinking that maybe my age is a factor (but then I tell myself that I'm not even over 35 yet) and I think the miscarriage could be a factor (but then I think that it was such an early loss tht I can't imagine it would have much effect) and I worry that nursing is a problem (but I nursed during my whole pregnancy with #2 and conceived right away without a problem). I also worry because my sister is 37 and has very severe endometriosis and a tube blocked and inconsistent ovulation so I worry that all that could run in the family and maybe that's what's going on. Can you tell I'm driving myself crazy?

Anyone have problems conceiving after you'd already had 2 or more kids? Anyone who it took longer for but it turned out that everything was fine? I thnk I need positive stories too!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 05-16-2010, 01:30 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
You only have 20% odds of getting pregnant each cycle with both partners healthy...so I'd say you are extremely lucky to get pregnant on the first try twice and the second once.

Docs usually don't get worried until you have been ttc for 12m+ under 35, 6m+ over 35 or 2-3 losses in a row (depends on the doc). I wouldn't worry at all - it took us 6m to get pregnant with my last m/c and I got pregnant with DD first try and I'm 27. Perfectly normal!

Rachel, knit.gifwifey to 2twins.gif (3/06), tandem nursing mama toenergy.gif(7/08) & babyboy.gif (4/11) and missing brokenheart.gif (7/09, 2/10, 7/10) 

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page