Trying for 2nd child, irregular period, PCOS and metphormin - Mothering Forums

#1 of 5 Old 08-04-2018, 08:23 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Trying for 2nd child, irregular period, PCOS and metphormin

guys I am back here, I posted to this forum in 2016, I was trying to get pregnant and my husband was based in Australia and I was in another country, I had to make trips to Australia just to get pregnant. And..so I did, after 2 months of trying and using clearblue digital ovulation testkit. It worked, in fact, I only used the ovulation testkit for the 1 month and I got pregnant. Of course, I controlled my sugar level, avoided rice completely.

I had my first child last year and am trying for second one now, I got my period on March 22 and I think my cycle is around 40 days..so, I got it again on May 1 and after a gap of 52 days, I got it again on June 22nd. I started dieting and controlling my caffeine and sugar after May 1, I am 35 years old and I really need to get pregnant again cause of my age. I had to stop breastfeeding as I so worried that my period was not returning. But, I waited for 40 days and..no..my period did not come...and I started getting worried, visited my dr and she said I have PCOS. I dreaded it..I seriously dreaded the day, I thought I had PCOS but I was never diagnosed with one. Anyway, the dr did ultrasound and found small cysts, the only question I had was..why me..You see, I never had any of the pcos symptoms except for irregular period. Nothing but my stress level is high, I have always been. Like now, more than I want to get pregnant, I think I need to because of my age. Dr prescribed metformin and vitamin d3, but I have not been taking metforphmin, I just think I can control my sugar level, I stopped sugar and reduced caffeine to an extreme level. And..I ovulated on 17th and 18th July, I had sex on 16th and 17th night, but to tell the truth, I forced myself to do it, I was not relaxed and my husband and I were both tired and we just wanted to sleep, but I forced him to do it. Anyway, I did not get pregnant. I got my period on August 1. Of course, a part of me is happy that I got my period and I knew I ovulated. The period was only like for 3 days and I a spotting now. Usually, my period will come with cramps and the 2nd day would be quite heavy. This time, there was no pain and the period was very litte, on the 4th day, I was using my pantyliner already. Usually, my periods are 4 to 6 days, with the 2nd day being the heaviest, at times I have cramps and at times I don't.

Anyway, I started taking apple cider vinegar to control my sugar, I read that it helps. I really think it did, I am still not taking metphormin, I am taking vitamin d3 and fish oil. I have also reduced my food and dropped about 3 kg, plan to drop another 3 kg, I now weigh at 69kg. I really trust my gynae, she delivered my 1st child and I know she knows best, but I know I can get pregnant again. I just have this faith in me, I know I am able to ovulate, it is just that my cycle is LONG....arghh

Just need encouragement from here and is it okay, if I dont take metphormin. Do you think I can get pregnant now that I am ovulating, but why didnt I get pregnant the last time when I did it on July 16th or 17th, my chances were high right. Is it because of PCOS. I remember the dr said that metphormin would pave a way for healthy egg and it controls insulin but when I can control my sugar, must I really take it.

My husband and I are now together, we have both started working in our home country, and I thought baby making would be easy, it clearly isn't.

How can I regularize my period, how can I reduce the cycle days, I think I have always been on a 40day cycle even before marriage and yes at times, my period has skipped but that was because of exercise and dieting ( I think ), otherwise it is okay. I know I have irregular period. How do I regularise it???

Is there any specific food that I should take to regularise it, also my gynae just did vaginal ultrasound and found the small cysts, no blood test was done, she said there is no need for it, she just told me to take metphormin.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 08-06-2018, 02:26 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
try consulting your OB-Gyn... they know better... I wish you the best of luck!
#3 of 5 Old 11-27-2018, 12:49 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Food doesn't make much difference here. You can talk to your doctor about this. Your doctor would be able to give you better advice regarding this. It might take a while, given your condition. But don't stop trying. I hope you get pregnant soon. Good luck!

#4 of 5 Old 02-05-2019, 05:22 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Dear cally0611,

I hope pregnancy has worked out for you by now. It sounds like there are many things you are working with. Congratulations on your first child! Julia Indichova offers wonderful help for conceiving and working with all the emotions involved. She also helps people to live a more wonderful purposeful life regardless of the outcome and many times people conceive.
#5 of 5 Old 03-01-2019, 01:40 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I want this info. thx

Tags
cycle 40 days , ovulating , pcos

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page