come obsess over (possibly) made-up symptoms with me! - Mothering Forums

#1 of 19 Old 09-13-2004, 11:29 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Do you do this to yourself, too? I keep second-guessing every little yawn, ache, twinge, mood. Man, I hate the 2WW. I'm 8dpo and feeling tired - but is it pg tired? Normal tired? (mama of toddler here, exhaustion is my baseline ) Made-up-hoping-to-be-pg-and-imagining-things tired?

My DH isn't helping any. He keeps telling me that I'm acting more tired than usual...feeding into my psychosis, I'm sure. Nice guy to get my hopes up. I'm bound for reboot/AF/whateveryoucallher for sure, right?

What things are you torturing yourself with?

may my heart always be open to little birds who are the secrets of living whatever they sing is better than to know  - e.e. cummings
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 19 Old 09-13-2004, 01:04 PM

hi jess- i understand how you feel. i just had af brought on by progesterone from my dr. but before that i was just trying to catch the first egg (nursing obviously)and every little symptom i was reading into- i am breaking out, i am tired, do i feel queezy? i have cramps- are they pn cramps or period cramps? anyway- best of luck! hope you are pn!
nicky momma to ds aidan 4/28/03 :
#3 of 19 Old 09-13-2004, 05:46 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Everything is turned upside down in my life! Coffee doesn't sound good to me! There has to be something wrong with me. The weather has even been cooler, now is the perfect time for coffee.

Mom of a 7 yr old, 4 yr old, and 1 yr old. Wow. How did that happen?

#4 of 19 Old 09-13-2004, 07:26 PM

My partner and I just had our 4th IUI. Every little pain I have she thinks we are preg. Last night I put eye drops in my eyes because they were bothering me and she said "see your eyes hurt, you preg."

This will be a long 2WW.

Michele
#5 of 19 Old 09-13-2004, 07:32 PM

i know what you mean. At 5 dpo I felt nauseaus for 2 days straight and was convinced I was pg. Now its 11 dpo and I feel perfectly fine. I wonder if I wishfully induced nausea? Crazy. I hate the 2ww. sigh.
#6 of 19 Old 09-13-2004, 07:45 PM

Funshine - the 2ww is its only special form of torture. Just this morning I woke up feeling slightly nauseous, had mild cramping throughout the day and I have convinced myself that I just FEEL differently. Oh yeah and while my dd is nursing (she's 22 months) lately it feels tender......
My dh is also feeding my neurosis by telling me he has this FEELING that I am pregnant.

: : : :
#7 of 19 Old 09-13-2004, 08:21 PM

hi- when i was pn with my ds aidan the first thing i didn't want was coffee......
nicky
#8 of 19 Old 09-13-2004, 10:11 PM

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
DH is on the way to buy us a HPT right now. I always torture myself this way. This time I have decided it is tiredness and some twinges and DH's "feeling."

So here comes the BFN...

BTW, what is the first DPO you can test? Is it really 14 days (2ww) or 10 or 16 or what? I'd save a lot of $$$ if I knew the answer to that.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DS1 2004 ~ DS2 2005 ~ DD1 2008 ~ DS3 2010 ~ DD2 born at 31 weeks Oct. 2014
#9 of 19 Old 09-13-2004, 10:35 PM - Thread Starter

Lilli, I hope it's not a BFN!!

What's lame about me is that exhaustion is the ONLY symptom I'm feeling. So I'm probably not pg. When I got pg with Griff, my nipples were really tender (just the nips, not the rest of my breasts at all) about 3 dpo and then I remember being totally dragged-out exhausted around 11 dpo or so. And I craved milk and coffee ice cream. This time, just tiredness. So I wish next weekend would come so I can take the test, see the BFN, and get my reboot. And stop obsessing. Or at least stop obsessing about the 2ww. Then I can obsess about waiting to O... :LOL

may my heart always be open to little birds who are the secrets of living whatever they sing is better than to know  - e.e. cummings
#10 of 19 Old 09-13-2004, 10:56 PM

omg tell me about it...I GIO last night and the timing is awesome and today I was smelling something no one else could smell and the thought crossed my mind...now that's impossible...maybe spermies hit eggie but that's not gonna trigger anything this early...

It's nice to know my imagination is still strong beyond childhood!
#11 of 19 Old 09-14-2004, 01:50 AM

Well, BFN, as predicted. But we weren't supposed to be trying until Xmas time anyway.

DH got a 2-pack and now the other one will burn a hole in my bathroom drawer...

#12 of 19 Old 09-14-2004, 02:40 AM

Since nausea, fatigue, and hyper-emotionalism have failed me, I stick to being obsessed with my breasts.

Are they larger? Are the nipples darker? Am I more or less veiny looking than yesterday? Are those nipple pains?

Oh, well I also question every twinge, as to whether it is gas pain, implantation cramping, uterus stretching pain, or PMS cramps. SIGH.

And I wonder at not craving chocolate lately.
#13 of 19 Old 09-16-2004, 04:16 PM

The 2ww is so hard! Today should be the day I start af (I think, I have never been good at keeping track). I have been craving chocolate milk like crazy (I quit drinking milk 10 years ago), it hurts whenever ds nurses & I don't have any cramps yet! I am sure it is all mental, but it is nice to have people to obsess with over these little things. Pregnant thoughts to everyone!
#14 of 19 Old 09-16-2004, 05:17 PM

Ok, here's a new low... I had AF and my cervix is low and already got a BFN... and I test again! What's the acronym for that? PITA? What does that mean? Anyway, I thought I felt a twinge in my uterus. That was enough to make me test.

I told you that test would burn a hole in my medicine cabinet. Still a BFN.

Off to order mass quantities of test strips so I can keep up with my obsession.

#15 of 19 Old 09-16-2004, 05:39 PM

funshine~now why did you say your nipples were sore 3dpo with that pregnancy...I am 3dpo and my nipples are incredibly sore...of course they were sore last month too and I am nursing but still...now I am really really obsessing!!! LOL!

Chocolate milk cravings...when are you testing? Sarahloughmiller?

Lilli78...I hate bfn too much so I don't obsessively test...but if I had one in the house now...different story...

I feel quite pathetic about it all but it's nice to not be pathetic alone...

Major preggo vibes to all!!!
#16 of 19 Old 09-29-2004, 12:48 AM

Ugh, I am totally obsessing about symptoms right now too! Drives me insane. :

I'm not sure what day I o'd on, if I even did, but I got a +OPK and had fertile CM around CD 12. I'm now on CD 26 and got a BFN yesterday. Holding out to test again on Thursday, when AF should come.

My nipples hurt when I nurse ds (29months) from ovulation until AF but this month they are hurting worse than last so that's making me hopeful of course. I keep analyzing my breasts too for changes-do you still get the blue veins, etc. when you're nursing??

I've also been very tired the last couple of days, and really moody on Saturday, but today I am totally exhausted and have been all day. Just the thought of something as simple as folding laundry wears me out. I've also been starving the past 2 days too.

Anyway, I'm expecting another BFN but am hoping these signs are real and not made up like has been known to happen in the past. This 2ww is definately pure torture.

Nichole
SAHM to Isaac-29months
ttc #2, C 2, CD 26
#17 of 19 Old 09-29-2004, 02:26 AM

Thanks for bumping this Nichole, I just need to whinge right now...

CD24 of an average 27 day cycle... Tested today, again, for the third time in three days and got a BFN... This is my fourth consecutive day of queasiness (getting so used to it now, I someting forget until I think about it and there it is), second day of sensitive breasts, not really sore, just sensitive and swollen feeling, and this morning I thought I was beginning the frequent urination thing, but not this afternoon... Had a good cry onto my keyboard before because a good friend innocently commented that she doesn't bother with charting, just relaxes and sees what happens (she isn't married to my dh, who has low libido and isn't superkeen to have another child, so she can afford to just relax and wait)...

I've had more yellow EWCM today, and thought maybe I saw a smudge of brown in it, maybe, so now I'm down in the dumps thinking that AF is on her way and I've just created phantom pg sysmptoms with my eagerness to be pg... And if I'm down in the dumps is that pms, or just anxiety that I may not be pg afterall?..

and this is only my #1 ttc cycle, how pathetic is that???
#18 of 19 Old 09-29-2004, 02:37 AM

Not pathetic at all, I'm only on cycle #2.

Yeah, people who aren't actively, really ttc, don't know how hard it is. I was so glad to find this message board to see that I wasn't completely psycho with all of my obsessing!

Hope AF stays far far away for you!

Nichole
#19 of 19 Old 09-29-2004, 03:06 AM

Thank you Nichole, I really trying to be philosophical about this, but it's hard, but I've now vowed to myself not to test anymore... So, now I'm just gonna wait for AF...

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page