Trying to conceive baby number 3 - Mothering Forums

#1 of 2 Old 12-15-2005, 11:15 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am 20 and married with a 20 month old daughter and a 9 month old son, and now we have decided to try for baby number 3. What can I do or take to increase my chances of conception? I never had this problem before as the other 2 were not exactly planned. My period is due on 18th December, so when would be the best time to try to conceive? I have got ovulation test strips, but am unsure when to start using them as I have just come off the birth control pill and have no idea how long my cycle is. Also I would like to know what help I can get when the new baby arrives as everyone I know works, and I am determined to breastfeed this time round as i felt guilty not being able to do so on the others, but the others will need me too, so this would be hard to do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 12-15-2005, 06:23 PM

Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
I would HIGHLY suggest "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" (found at any place, cheaply on ebay or Amazon) - it would give you a better idea of your cycle - it varies *so much* from person to person. That, or take a natural family planning class with the intention to concieve. Typically the average person ovulates 14 days before their period arrives - I ovulate 11 days prior, but only reason I know is because I chart.

I am not sure about the ovulation test strips... did they come with directions? I believe you start taking them 7 - 8 days prior to ovulation to detect and LH surge (which happens 24 hours prior to ovulation) and that would be when you'd get busy .

As for post-partum help and bfing help - hire a post-partum doula!! Seriously, worth every penny and well worth the effort to find one... they make your life so much easier and the transition better! Highly suggest it.

Good luck with ttc!
~Julie

Mama to 5 amazing little people, and a surrogate mama to another.
Avid Unassisted Birth supporter/Mama

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page