• 1 Post By berrypavlova
  • 1 Post By swrose
  • 1 Post By oneearthmama

#1 of 18 Old 08-19-2015, 10:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 61 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Intros

Hi all, I'm new to this group. Just got a BFP! I didn't see a roll call thread, so I thought I'd start one and say hi.

I'm Loralei. I live in the Pacific Northwest with my husband, two kids and two cats. I'm a stay-at-home homeschooling mama who likes cooking and crafting when I can find the time. This is my third pregnancy this year, first one lost at 6 weeks, second one at 11 weeks landed me in the hospital. I really hope this one sticks! If it does my EDD is April 24th, though I tend to pop closer to 41 weeks.

If you're so inclined, take a minute to tell us all a bit about yourself.

Me
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
+ DH
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
= DD
(1/2004) & DS
(6/2013) & One on the way
(4/2016)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 18 Old 08-21-2015, 05:38 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I'm Laura. This is my second pregnancy. I have a 4 year old son. If all goes well, my kids will be 4 yrs, 8 months apart. I hope the age gap works out. We have a dog and 2 cats. I'm 40 (advanced maternal age) and work full time.
My son goes to preschool and my husband and my mom take care of him during the day when he is not in school. Going back to work after my son was born was one of the hardest things I had to do and was one reason why I was in no rush for another child.
#3 of 18 Old 08-21-2015, 06:48 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'm Elisabeth. This is my third pregnancy. It was unexpected and I have Hashimotos as well as stage 2 HPA axis dysregulation. I just started feeling better about 3 weeks before I found out I was pregnant because I started taking Nature-Throid. I'm doing lots and lots of things to heal myself and stop the autoimmune attack on my thyroid. I'm praying for a healthy pregnancy and baby and trying not to worry. I have two little boys, ages 4 and 6 who keep me very busy. I didn't have any health problems until after my second son was born so being pregnant while dealing with rather awful fatigue is new to me. I also run a small permaculture farm and homestead. I have hopes of starting a nursery business one day.

#4 of 18 Old 08-22-2015, 06:53 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Elisabeth- I take nature throid too, but I don't have hashimotos. My thyroid just started acting up after my 3rd, but no markers for an autoimmune issue. I've been on it for 2 years, and it helps a lot.

I'm Katherine, this is my 6th pregnancy (5th baby). I have a 9, 8 and 2.5 year old daughter and an 11 month old son. I'm a stay at home mom. We have a cat and chickens. We're in the process of trying to sell our house and find something bigger. This baby was unexpected so if we can't sell, then it's going to be a whole lot more cramped in here! Honestly, I can't fathom moving right now, I'm so tired. I so badly want to take it off the market, since keeping it clean is more than I can handle. But the 1 bathroom situation is keeping me motivated to push through!

Married to DH, Mama to dd1 4/06, dd2 8/07, dd3 11/12, ds 9/14, and #5 due April 2016!
#5 of 18 Old 08-23-2015, 02:32 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Hi everyone! I'm Laci. This will be my second little one as I have a son who is 13 months. My father in law passed very unexpectedly this summer so that was really our motivation for bumping up our second baby plans, but we really didn't think it would happen so soon. I'm quite nervous about handling two kiddos who will only be about 21 months apart. I'm currently finishing up my last semester of an American Studies M.A. in Alabama (originally from Texas) and then we are planning on moving back to France (17 year old chihuahua in tow) this Dec/Jan. DH is French and we lived there for the previous two years and I just miss it so much. The plan is for us to live with his mother for the first 6 months or so, so the baby will be born during that time, and then move into our own place around September, when teaching jobs open up. Thats the plan at least, but who knows how it could change! I'm much more tired, or at least tired earlier, and much much more nauseous this go round than with DS so I'm hoping that settles down pretty soon. I'm very happy to get to know all of yall!
#6 of 18 Old 08-23-2015, 06:43 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by e4hand83 View Post
I'm Elisabeth. This is my third pregnancy. It was unexpected and I have Hashimotos as well as stage 2 HPA axis dysregulation. I just started feeling better about 3 weeks before I found out I was pregnant because I started taking Nature-Throid. I'm doing lots and lots of things to heal myself and stop the autoimmune attack on my thyroid. I'm praying for a healthy pregnancy and baby and trying not to worry.
I have Hashimotos too.
#7 of 18 Old 08-23-2015, 10:29 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
I'm Lisa. Tentatively sticking my toe in here. This is my seventh pregnancy, hopefully third live baby. My last two pregnancies were losses, most recently my son, Ethan, who I lost in the second trimester in April. My due date is actually his birthday, April 26th, so while I know the chances aren't great, it would be a nice tribute to have the baby on his birthday, if I make it that far. I also had a loss before each pregnancy with my living children, who are now 9 and 6. They were born at home, but now I am considered high risk, so I don't have much choice about a hospital birth. I have Hashimoto's (also on Naturethroid, and I have followed an autoimmune protocol diet for over a year now) and I'm on Lovenox (daily blood thinner injections) for APS. I had hcg and progesterone labs on Wednesday last week, and my progesterone looked good. They drew a second hcg on Friday to compare and see if it doubled, and I should hear about that in the morning. If that is also good, I will probably have an ultrasound next week to check for a heartbeat. I'm pretty much expecting bad news, but hoping maybe this one will make it.

Lisa, Navy wife, mom to three boys born 6/06, 3/09, and 4/16 and four in Heaven, 6/05, 5/08, 3/13, 4/15
#8 of 18 Old 08-24-2015, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lc81002 View Post
I'm Lisa. Tentatively sticking my toe in here. This is my seventh pregnancy, hopefully third live baby. My last two pregnancies were losses, most recently my son, Ethan, who I lost in the second trimester in April. My due date is actually his birthday, April 26th, so while I know the chances aren't great, it would be a nice tribute to have the baby on his birthday, if I make it that far. I also had a loss before each pregnancy with my living children, who are now 9 and 6. They were born at home, but now I am considered high risk, so I don't have much choice about a hospital birth. I have Hashimoto's (also on Naturethroid, and I have followed an autoimmune protocol diet for over a year now) and I'm on Lovenox (daily blood thinner injections) for APS. I had hcg and progesterone labs on Wednesday last week, and my progesterone looked good. They drew a second hcg on Friday to compare and see if it doubled, and I should hear about that in the morning. If that is also good, I will probably have an ultrasound next week to check for a heartbeat. I'm pretty much expecting bad news, but hoping maybe this one will make it.
Sorry to hear about your multiple losses. Hoping that this time is different!

It's strange that so many of us in the little group have thyroid issues- and that many of us are on naturethroid.

Married to DH, Mama to dd1 4/06, dd2 8/07, dd3 11/12, ds 9/14, and #5 due April 2016!
#9 of 18 Old 08-24-2015, 04:42 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kateaton View Post
Sorry to hear about your multiple losses. Hoping that this time is different!

It's strange that so many of us in the little group have thyroid issues- and that many of us are on naturethroid.
Thank you. My hcg numbers were 464 and 993, so they doubled appropriately. I'm a little worried at how high they are, though. There had better only be one baby in there!
kateaton and LTurtle like this.

Lisa, Navy wife, mom to three boys born 6/06, 3/09, and 4/16 and four in Heaven, 6/05, 5/08, 3/13, 4/15
#10 of 18 Old 08-25-2015, 06:24 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello! Excited to find this group. I'm 7w2d with our first. My wife and I are incredibly excited about the pregnancy. We live in Kansas with our two cats. Looking forward to getting to know everyone.
#11 of 18 Old 08-28-2015, 06:16 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hi I am Catherine, we just found out Wednesday I'm expecting our 4th! We are in CT, I am a homeschooling stay at home mama to 3 girls ages 7, 4.5 and almost 2, with the littlest still nursing. I have nursed through my 2nd and 3rd pregnancies and tandem nursed my 1st and 2nd kiddos. By conception date I am "due" the 29th of April...This will more than likely be a May baby though! my 1st was about a week "late" 2nd 10 days and 3rd 2 full weeks! This will be our 2nd home birth if all goes as planned! Yay and congrats to all of you lovely MAMAS!!
LTurtle likes this.
#12 of 18 Old 08-29-2015, 08:54 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
I'm Beth and I'm 42 yrs old (43 next month!). I have 4 beautiful children (girl 15yrs, girl 9yrs, boy 7yrs, girl 4yrs, and 4 angels in Heaven). My very first pregnancy was a miscarriage at 8wks. Then I went on to have 4 healthy pregnancies...Then last year I had a single miscarriage very early on and a twin miscarriage at 11 wks gestation. We've been longing/praying for a little one, knowing this might be our last chance since I'm getting up there in age. So needless to stay we are really hoping this pregnancy goes full term!! Other than that, I am a homeschooling, stay-at-home Mom, who owns her own small business. I love spending time with my family, spending time outdoors, birdwatching, gardening, knitting, and snuggling with my kids/husband on pizza/movie nights. Love, love, love, planning fun adventure/field-trips with my kids...Sometimes I forget that I'm not a kid myself!!! I'm so happy to be on this journey with all of you, and pray that you all go on to have healthy/happy pregnancies!!!
#13 of 18 Old 08-29-2015, 09:05 PM

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Hi, I'm Natalie! Due with #5 on April 13th. We live in the froZen Midwest, were I am blessed to stay-at-home & homeschool my littles. They are 6.5, almost 5, 3, & 14 months. The youngest is still nursing so shout out to the other tandem mama!
#14 of 18 Old 08-30-2015, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by berrypavlova View Post
Hi, I'm Natalie! Due with #5 on April 13th. We live in the froZen Midwest, were I am blessed to stay-at-home & homeschool my littles. They are 6.5, almost 5, 3, & 14 months. The youngest is still nursing so shout out to the other tandem mama!
I feel like we've been in a ddc together before- your name is really familiar. But it seems like the ages are a bit off. I'm having #5 too and still nursing!
BluePhoenixMama likes this.

#15 of 18 Old 08-30-2015, 09:23 PM

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kateaton View Post
I feel like we've been in a ddc together before- your name is really familiar. But it seems like the ages are a bit off. I'm having #5 too and still nursing!
Very cool, not sure if we have been...the only one I've been in on this site was June 2014.

Jesus lover, World's luckiest wife for the last 7 years, and Blessed beyond measure to be mom to three energetic little guys & our little darling.
 DS 6, DS 4, DS3 & DD1  
#16 of 18 Old 11-02-2015, 01:45 AM

Late Intro :)

Hi!
I'm expecting our 4th baby. I'm 45, so a bit worried and since this baby is a surprise, I wasn't exactly doing all the right to things when I discovered I was expecting. I did the NIPT which came back low risk. We're selectively telling, but not family yet, since we expect them to be unsupportive . We got quite a bit of grief when we had our third.
I'm a work from home, FT business co-owner. Will need to tell my business partner soon...

Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Me + DH =
x 2 + DD 10 + DS 7 + DD 5 + 3 x

with #4 due 4/28

#17 of 18 Old 11-10-2015, 04:39 PM

Hi. I'm new here today and just happened to stumble upon this site. Looks like a good fit for me. I'm a 34 year old mother of two with a third on the way. My oldest is 4 and my youngest is 10 months. Babies #2 and #3 will only be 15-16 months apart. We like to be surprised with gender at birth. This will be my first home birth and I am very happy about that. My husband and I and our two boys live in my very small home town in the mountains of Northern California. I am an "almost" full-time realtor, wannabe homesteader, lover of essential oils, natural remedies, real food, nature, and all things crunchy. I've been enjoying the less conventional life the past few years and love learning more every day!
#18 of 18 Old 11-17-2015, 07:56 AM

Signing in late!

Hi, I'm Jessica, and I'm pregnant with my third little one and due April 23. We're really excited about adding a new little person to our family. Right now, I'm finishing my thesis for an M.L.A. in English and Creative Writing and staying home with our two-year-old. My five-year-old is in Kinder. They're both boys and usually keep me on my toes. This pregnancy has been much more difficult than the first two. I've finally started to regain some energy, and I'm only sick every few days as opposed to several times a day. We recently moved to **********, AL for my husband's job, and, while we have family here, it has been difficult to find friends so far. We've ended up hanging out at home much more than we like. Anyway, just wanted to say hi!

User Tag List
berrypavlova

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page