So thirsty.... - Mothering Forums

#1 of 6 Old 09-09-2015, 08:43 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
So thirsty....

And yet I cannot drink anything. I feel like I'm wandering around in a desert but the thought of drinking anything triggers my nausea. I swear, I am not doing this again.

Anyone else having this problem?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 09-09-2015, 09:32 AM

Mentioned: 61 Post(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
I felt similar while pregnant with my son. The only thing I could drink was ice cold lemon water, and only if I didn't think about it too much, for months. Other times hot tea, especially chai with ginger, works for me when nothing else will.

This time I'm having no trouble with plain water, but I don't want to eat anything.

Getting dehydrated can be really bad for both you and baby. I'd encourage you to experiment with drinks of different flavors and temperatures, maybe you'll find something that works for you. If that doesn't work maybe mention it to your care provider, there may be things they can do to help.

Me
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
+ DH
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
= DD
(1/2004) & DS
(6/2013) & One on the way
(4/2016)

#3 of 6 Old 09-14-2015, 03:14 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Nothing really tastes good, making it hard to drink. I was drinking water with lemon but now my mouth doesn't like it.
Mints are starting to make me sick too.

#4 of 6 Old 09-14-2015, 04:16 PM - Thread Starter

Still struggling. I can only get ginger ale down now which grosses me out. Really wish my placenta would hurry up and kick in. But at least this is better than with my first, I couldn't stop puking with her.
#5 of 6 Old 10-05-2015, 10:57 AM - Thread Starter

Wanted to update that at almost 12 weeks I can finally drink water again. I have to follow it immediately with food, but it finally doesn't taste weird or make me want to vomit. I need to drink more, but I'm getting at least 3 12oz glasses in a day. There were a few dehydrated, light headed weeks there. Glad I am past them.
#6 of 6 Old 10-06-2015, 12:57 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Yay!!
I still find that water tastes funny - sometimes. I try mixing it up but I struggle with drinking too.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page