• 1 Post By Beth41316
  • 1 Post By Laura575
  • 1 Post By profe

#1 of 25 Old 09-14-2015, 05:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
turning a corner?

So, I'm 10 weeks today and since last friday I've slowly been starting to feel better. Today I kinda feel normal- maybe there's been a few twinges of nausea, but I have more energy than I've had in a long time.

This makes me so nervous. I had a mmc at 11 weeks several years ago. All my symptoms had stopped at 8 weeks. That's when the baby had died.

Has anyone else been feeling better lately?

Married to DH, Mama to dd1 4/06, dd2 8/07, dd3 11/12, ds 9/14, and #5 due April 2016!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 25 Old 09-14-2015, 09:41 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
I went through this last week, at 9 wks, and was freaking out as well. But, after a few days I started to feel pregnant again. For me though, the pregnancy symptoms don't necessarily make me feel like everything is okay, as I lost my twins last year at 11.5 weeks gestation, but felt very nauseous all the way up until I actually delivered them 3-4 weeks later. I always heard that nausea was a good thing, but it really meant nothing positive for me with that pregnancy. This pregnancy I'm only a little nauseous here and there, but extremely tired the last few days. Tonight, I suddenly thought that something might be wrong with the baby, although I really didn't have a concrete reason to believe that...No spotting, pain, or anything. But because of my miscarriage last year, I'm so paranoid all the time and feel like I'm on an emotional rollercoaster! It's good for me to know someone else out there can relate, but I also feel so bad that you have to go through that fear. Know that I will say some special prayers for you tonight, that your nerves will be calmed, and that your baby is kept healthy and strong.
#3 of 25 Old 09-15-2015, 05:46 AM - Thread Starter

It is such an emotional rollercoaster! I'm so sorry you lost twins- that is strange that you still had nausea even after they had passed... maybe b/c of twins you had so many hormones in your system that it lingered? I don't know. With my mmc, it was literally like a switch- one day I had horrendous nausea and the next day I woke up and it was completely gone. The only thing that remained was sore boobs, even until after I miscarried.

There are lots of places on the internet that say that 9/10 can be a turning point for a lot of women, and that the placenta can start to take over at this point. I even tried finding the heartbeat with my home doppler yesterday, just to try to ease my mind, but couldn't find it. I know early 10 weeks is very hit or miss, so I'm not getting upset about it, but I did hear my son's heartbeat at home around 10 weeks.

Thank you for prayers. I'm just trusting that all is well.

Married to DH, Mama to dd1 4/06, dd2 8/07, dd3 11/12, ds 9/14, and #5 due April 2016!

#4 of 25 Old 09-15-2015, 11:57 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
I feel slight improvements. I'll be 9 weeks on Wednesday. I mean I still don't feel good at all, but I'm better than I was 2 weeks ago. I've had a little less gagging over the past couple days. And I managed to eat some quiche the past two nights which is the most nutritious thing I've gotten down since 5 weeks (my stomach freaked a little the first night but I think it forgot how to digest real food). And I managed to finally spend some time outside yesterday. I'm praying I'm turning the corner, our family is kind of falling apart with me being a useless lump. DH is going to break down soon if I can't pull it together soon.

With my first I didn't start to turn the corner till around 12-13 weeks. With my second we went to a concert and the national zoo when I was 9 weeks. I remember not feeling great, but I was able to handle a concert and walking around all day. But we did have to bring all the weird food I was eating.
#5 of 25 Old 09-15-2015, 06:08 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I'm 8 weeks today and feeling worse the last few days. Come on, second trimester!

Lisa, Navy wife, mom to three boys born 6/06, 3/09, and 4/16 and four in Heaven, 6/05, 5/08, 3/13, 4/15
#6 of 25 Old 09-15-2015, 06:59 PM - Thread Starter

yes, 8 weeks was particularly brutal for me.

#7 of 25 Old 09-18-2015, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kateaton View Post
It is such an emotional rollercoaster! I'm so sorry you lost twins- that is strange that you still had nausea even after they had passed... maybe b/c of twins you had so many hormones in your system that it lingered? I don't know. With my mmc, it was literally like a switch- one day I had horrendous nausea and the next day I woke up and it was completely gone. The only thing that remained was sore boobs, even until after I miscarried.

There are lots of places on the internet that say that 9/10 can be a turning point for a lot of women, and that the placenta can start to take over at this point. I even tried finding the heartbeat with my home doppler yesterday, just to try to ease my mind, but couldn't find it. I know early 10 weeks is very hit or miss, so I'm not getting upset about it, but I did hear my son's heartbeat at home around 10 weeks.

Thank you for prayers. I'm just trusting that all is well.
How are you feeling Kateaton, are you feeling any pregnancy symptoms still? I too have read all over the internet that wk 10 can be a turning point. The last few days I actually feel worse though, not better...Very bloated and food just makes my tummy hurt. I've been craving grapes and watermelon though, and my tummy seems as if it would be satisfied with nothing but that! Won't be having another appointment for another couple of weeks...Hope to have another ultrasound then, and am SO hoping everything is okay!!! Gotta just stay busy and stay positive
#8 of 25 Old 09-19-2015, 04:53 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth41316 View Post
How are you feeling Kateaton, are you feeling any pregnancy symptoms still? I too have read all over the internet that wk 10 can be a turning point. The last few days I actually feel worse though, not better...Very bloated and food just makes my tummy hurt. I've been craving grapes and watermelon though, and my tummy seems as if it would be satisfied with nothing but that! Won't be having another appointment for another couple of weeks...Hope to have another ultrasound then, and am SO hoping everything is okay!!! Gotta just stay busy and stay positive
Thanks for asking! I've been feeling enough queasiness and fatigue to know that things are ok (or to at least feel like they're ok). The nausea and aversions are better over all, so I just think that I have turned some sort of corner, but it's definitely still there. I actually threw up last night. So things are just all over the place. I have an appointment on tuesday, I'll be 11 weeks. I'm REALLY hoping to hear the heartbeat!
It's so hard just waiting- I can't wait to be out of the 1st trimester!

#9 of 25 Old 09-19-2015, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Thanks for asking! I've been feeling enough queasiness and fatigue to know that things are ok (or to at least feel like they're ok). The nausea and aversions are better over all, so I just think that I have turned some sort of corner, but it's definitely still there. I actually threw up last night. So things are just all over the place. I have an appointment on tuesday, I'll be 11 weeks. I'm REALLY hoping to hear the heartbeat!
It's so hard just waiting- I can't wait to be out of the 1st trimester!
Glad that you are feeling reassured. I know exactly what you mean about hearing the heartbeat...There are times I wish I could just run to the doctor and have that ultrasound! I'll be 11 wks a day after you, on Wednesday Not sure when to go in for my appointment though. Last year I was scheduled for an 11wk appointment, but it got cancelled. At my 12 wk, I found out the babies had died at 11.5 weeks...If I would have gone in for the initial appointment, I wouldn't have known until I miscarried them wks later...Because of this, I don't know when I should go in. ...I too can't wait to get through this worrisome first trimester! ...Anyway, I hope all goes well for you on Tuesday...As before, will say an extra prayer.
#10 of 25 Old 09-20-2015, 01:20 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Glad that you are feeling reassured. I know exactly what you mean about hearing the heartbeat...There are times I wish I could just run to the doctor and have that ultrasound! I'll be 11 wks a day after you, on Wednesday Not sure when to go in for my appointment though. Last year I was scheduled for an 11wk appointment, but it got cancelled. At my 12 wk, I found out the babies had died at 11.5 weeks...If I would have gone in for the initial appointment, I wouldn't have known until I miscarried them wks later...Because of this, I don't know when I should go in. ...I too can't wait to get through this worrisome first trimester! ...Anyway, I hope all goes well for you on Tuesday...As before, will say an extra prayer.
thank you for the prayer!

I've always wanted twins. How far along were you when you found out you were having 2 last year? I can't imagine how hard it is to lose two. With my pregnancy after the mc I was such a wreck for most of it. I've had 2 healthy babies since that loss and I'm calmer now, but I still get nervous and the reality of nothing being a guarantee is sobering.

#11 of 25 Old 09-21-2015, 09:11 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Hi, group. I thought I was turning that corner last week. I had a great couple of days, but then I just got knocked out by fatigue! Then of course, with fatigue is forgetfulness, frustration, and tears....
#12 of 25 Old 09-21-2015, 09:41 AM

I'll trade your fatigue for my nausea. I'm so over feeling like crap. After 5 weeks of feeling constantly like crud I am now entering the angry stage.
kateaton likes this.
#13 of 25 Old 09-21-2015, 10:36 AM

Quote:
thank you for the prayer!

I've always wanted twins. How far along were you when you found out you were having 2 last year? I can't imagine how hard it is to lose two. With my pregnancy after the mc I was such a wreck for most of it. I've had 2 healthy babies since that loss and I'm calmer now, but I still get nervous and the reality of nothing being a guarantee is sobering.
It was actually at my 12 wk appointment that I found out that I was carrying twins...The same day I found out neither had a heartbeat The doctor only saw one baby at my 8 wk appointment, even though I insisted there had to be two (strongly suspected it from the beginning). I've always wanted twins too, and I guess I did in fact get them...Just not exactly in the way I expected. If I weren't older (just turned 43 last wk!), I probably wouldn't worry quite as much, but I have to admit...I've been nothing but a bucket of worries this time. But, so far so good.
...Who knows...Maybe you'll find out you are carrying twins tomorrow!?! ...Let me know how it goes!
#14 of 25 Old 09-21-2015, 12:48 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
It was actually at my 12 wk appointment that I found out that I was carrying twins...The same day I found out neither had a heartbeat The doctor only saw one baby at my 8 wk appointment, even though I insisted there had to be two (strongly suspected it from the beginning). I've always wanted twins too, and I guess I did in fact get them...Just not exactly in the way I expected. If I weren't older (just turned 43 last wk!), I probably wouldn't worry quite as much, but I have to admit...I've been nothing but a bucket of worries this time. But, so far so good.
...Who knows...Maybe you'll find out you are carrying twins tomorrow!?! ...Let me know how it goes!
Ha- I would love nothing more than to find out I'm having twins tomorrow! I'm not supposed to be having an ultrasound though. It's funny b/c I had my ultrasound at exactly 8 weeks and we saw one. I was admittedly really bummed. We both thought there was 2. And asked her specifically to check for another one. We had/have both been seeing twins everywhere, like multiple times a day. We were seeing bumper stickers and signs and things with twins written on them. I really felt like that was a sign- and I had never had anything like that happen in any of my other pregnancies. I actually googled whether a twin could be missed at 8 weeks and found out it does happen- and obviously it does from your experience. I'm also just accepting that God's plan may not be my plan and that seeing one means that there is just one (for whom I am very grateful).

Maybe you could be having twins again- it's more likely due to your age. I know several people in real life who have had healthy babies at 43. praying for peace for you.

#15 of 25 Old 09-21-2015, 01:29 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I turned a corner for sure. I'm 12 weeks today. My nausea is very limited. The horrible taste in my mouth has improved but is still around. I'm miserably constipated. I do go to bed at 9pm nightly so fatigue does hit me too.

We had an ultrasound at our first visit. I wasn't expecting that but it was nice to know I wasn't carrying twins (more power to those who want them). Heartbeat was strong. The baby measured 3 days smaller than my lmp would indicate.
kateaton likes this.
#16 of 25 Old 09-21-2015, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Ha- I would love nothing more than to find out I'm having twins tomorrow! I'm not supposed to be having an ultrasound though. It's funny b/c I had my ultrasound at exactly 8 weeks and we saw one. I was admittedly really bummed. We both thought there was 2. And asked her specifically to check for another one. We had/have both been seeing twins everywhere, like multiple times a day. We were seeing bumper stickers and signs and things with twins written on them. I really felt like that was a sign- and I had never had anything like that happen in any of my other pregnancies. I actually googled whether a twin could be missed at 8 weeks and found out it does happen- and obviously it does from your experience. I'm also just accepting that God's plan may not be my plan and that seeing one means that there is just one (for whom I am very grateful).

Maybe you could be having twins again- it's more likely due to your age. I know several people in real life who have had healthy babies at 43. praying for peace for you.
Could be that I'm expecting twins again, but if not I'm just so darn happy to be having even one, as I really didn't think it would happen again! And yep, those babies can hide nice and close behind the other, making it hard to know they are there with an early ultrasound. That's why this time around, I didn't necessarily believe it when the technician told me there is only one...But like I said, I'm thrilled either way just to be given another chance at pregnancy. ...Does seem strange that you have been having such a strong feeling that there may be twins though (not to mention all the other signs!). A mother's intuition is a powerful thing! I imagine you will at least find out tomorrow if the doctor thinks you are measuring bigger than normal...If that's the case, then she may decide to do an extra ultrasound. But like you said...God's plan is best, as he knows what's best for us. ...Hope all goes well!
#17 of 25 Old 09-21-2015, 09:03 PM

Quote:

Oh, and thanks so much for the prayers for peace and the reassurance...I needed them both!
#18 of 25 Old 09-22-2015, 11:47 AM - Thread Starter

I had a good appointment today- I heard the heartbeat (160's)! So that was super reassuring and the mw made the point of saying that since we heard it at 11 weeks it brings the chances of a m/c to almost 0 and that I was really secure in the pregnancy. So lots of reassurance!

She didn't mention anything about the size of my uterus nor did I ask, but I did notice that where she found the heartbeat was pretty high up, like closer to my belly button. I remember from my last pregnancy that I always measured ahead but my mw was never concerned and said that it's normal after several pregnancies. This is my 6th pregnancy so I guess my uterus just expands a lot faster now- it's probably so stretched out!

#19 of 25 Old 09-22-2015, 12:17 PM

Yay for a heartbeat. I have an appointment tomorrow at 10 weeks. I'm going to ask my dr to try to hear it even though I know we most likely won't. So happy you heard it.

Having a crappy day and need to vent. I had a couple days that were better. Then last night I felt terrible. Today I woke up with a headache and more sensitive to smells in the house than I have been in days. So I am cranky and angry about it. Can't shake the headache and somehow I have to pull it together to take dd to ballet this afternoon but I can't even get off the couch.
kateaton likes this.
#20 of 25 Old 09-22-2015, 01:26 PM

Quote:
I had a good appointment today- I heard the heartbeat (160's)! So that was super reassuring and the mw made the point of saying that since we heard it at 11 weeks it brings the chances of a m/c to almost 0 and that I was really secure in the pregnancy. So lots of reassurance!

She didn't mention anything about the size of my uterus nor did I ask, but I did notice that where she found the heartbeat was pretty high up, like closer to my belly button. I remember from my last pregnancy that I always measured ahead but my mw was never concerned and said that it's normal after several pregnancies. This is my 6th pregnancy so I guess my uterus just expands a lot faster now- it's probably so stretched out!
That's great news that you heard the heartbeat and that all looked well...Congratulations! I should probably make my appointment for next wk (wk 12)...I've been hesitant because I'm not too sure that I'm happy with my OB doctor anymore. -However, he knows my history best so I feel kind of stuck going to him. Anyway, I'm very happy to hear your good news!...Thanks for the update!!!
kateaton likes this.
#21 of 25 Old 09-22-2015, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by profe View Post
Yay for a heartbeat. I have an appointment tomorrow at 10 weeks. I'm going to ask my dr to try to hear it even though I know we most likely won't. So happy you heard it.

Having a crappy day and need to vent. I had a couple days that were better. Then last night I felt terrible. Today I woke up with a headache and more sensitive to smells in the house than I have been in days. So I am cranky and angry about it. Can't shake the headache and somehow I have to pull it together to take dd to ballet this afternoon but I can't even get off the couch.
So sorry you aren't feeling well...I understand how tough headaches can make things, as I'm a regular migraine sufferer. Will pray it goes away. Praying too that you hear that little heartbeat tomorrow!!
#22 of 25 Old 09-22-2015, 02:26 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:

Congrats on the strong heartbeat!!! It is so reassuring.
kateaton likes this.
#23 of 25 Old 09-22-2015, 03:19 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I'll trade your fatigue for my nausea. I'm so over feeling like crap. After 5 weeks of feeling constantly like crud I am now entering the angry stage.
I hear ya! I'm ready for it to go, and this time I'm not going to worry one bit, but enjoy feeling like a human being!

#24 of 25 Old 09-23-2015, 05:27 PM

Got a heartbeat today. So I'm a little less scared of miscarriage. I think I'll relax once I'm out of the 1st tri and hear it again at my next appointment.
kateaton likes this.
#25 of 25 Old 09-23-2015, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Got a heartbeat today. So I'm a little less scared of miscarriage. I think I'll relax once I'm out of the 1st tri and hear it again at my next appointment.
Glad you got to hear your little one's heartbeat!!!...I too can't wait for the worry of the first trimester to end!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page