2Likes
  • 1 Post By Beth41316
  • 1 Post By Laura575

#1 of 12 Old 10-05-2015, 12:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
how much can baby move around in your uterus

maybe this is a weird question, but I've been wondering since I have a home doppler and have been listening a few times over the past couple of weeks.

I always hear the heartbeat in really different places- like lower left corner by public bone then the next day it's under my belly button. My uterus is already just below my belly button. It seems crazy to me that the baby has that much room to move around in.

Married to DH, Mama to dd1 4/06, dd2 8/07, dd3 11/12, ds 9/14, and #5 due April 2016!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 12 Old 10-05-2015, 02:01 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The sound by your hip bone is your blood through your artery. I thought that was the HB too but I looked up the difference on YouTube. The baby's heartbeat is a lot faster and lower.
#3 of 12 Old 10-05-2015, 05:47 PM - Thread Starter

I know the difference between my own blood flow and the baby's hb, I'm certain that what I'm hearing is hb (it's always around 160's) which is way faster than mine.

Married to DH, Mama to dd1 4/06, dd2 8/07, dd3 11/12, ds 9/14, and #5 due April 2016!

#4 of 12 Old 10-07-2015, 05:40 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Today I heard that a baby at 12 wks has about triple it's body length to move around in the uterus. So it's very possible it's heartbeat would be found in random spots. What is the name of the device you are using to listen to the heartbeat? My BebeSounds prenatal heart listerner isn't picking anything up yet, but it's not a doppler or anything. Saw a healthy baby at my ultrasound last week, but I would like to hear the baby in between times. Am a bit worried as I was running a fever yesterday and the day before because I have a bad case of the flu. Heard that fevers can be dangerous, but hope that it wasn't high enough to do any harm.
#5 of 12 Old 10-08-2015, 11:35 AM - Thread Starter

I have an angelsounds fetal doppler- which is not any kind of professional one, but it seems to work really well. I've had it for a few of my pregnancies now, and it always starts to pick up the hb around 10/11 weeks. I did have 2 days this week where I couldn't find the hb and got really worried, but then I found it later that night.

There is definitely tons of room for this kid to move around and it seems to like to hide. I also had a scare during my last pregnancy around 14.5 weeks when I couldn't find the hb on my doppler. I called my mw and she said to come in to do a check. SHE couldn't find the hb either! She sent me for an emergency ultrasound which showed a perfectly squirmy baby. But I did have an anterior placenta with him and that can make it harder to hear the hb depending on babe's position.

I wouldn't worry- 12 weeks is still early even for a doppler, and lots of times drs. can't even find it at this point.

#6 of 12 Old 10-09-2015, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kateaton View Post
I have an angelsounds fetal doppler- which is not any kind of professional one, but it seems to work really well. I've had it for a few of my pregnancies now, and it always starts to pick up the hb around 10/11 weeks. I did have 2 days this week where I couldn't find the hb and got really worried, but then I found it later that night.

There is definitely tons of room for this kid to move around and it seems to like to hide. I also had a scare during my last pregnancy around 14.5 weeks when I couldn't find the hb on my doppler. I called my mw and she said to come in to do a check. SHE couldn't find the hb either! She sent me for an emergency ultrasound which showed a perfectly squirmy baby. But I did have an anterior placenta with him and that can make it harder to hear the hb depending on babe's position.

I wouldn't worry- 12 weeks is still early even for a doppler, and lots of times drs. can't even find it at this point.
Ordered a Womb Music doppler from Amazon, and it will be here tomorrow...Excited! I'll keep it in mind though that the heartbeat might not always be detectable, as to not get myself into a panic.
#7 of 12 Old 10-10-2015, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth41316 View Post
Ordered a Womb Music doppler from Amazon, and it will be here tomorrow...Excited! I'll keep it in mind though that the heartbeat might not always be detectable, as to not get myself into a panic.
Just a follow up...Received my doppler in the mail today...Found baby's heart beat right away ...Music to my ears!!
kateaton likes this.
#8 of 12 Old 10-10-2015, 06:17 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth41316 View Post
Just a follow up...Received my doppler in the mail today...Found baby's heart beat right away ...Music to my ears!!
yay! Best feeling in the world!

#9 of 12 Old 10-14-2015, 08:38 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
The midwife at my visit last week said she doesn't always hear the heartbeat at that stage - I was 14 weeks. She found it pretty quickly! It was great to hear. I have no interest in having my own Doppler.
My next visit will be the 20 week anatomy scan. I skipped it last time. I wanted to avoid ultrasounds and didn't want the stress of a potential false positive. This time I want to make sure everything looks okay.
#10 of 12 Old 10-14-2015, 06:06 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
At my appointment today, my dr pretty much had to chase the thing with the doppler. He was in the right spot the first time (this one likes to hang out on my lower left side so far) and it moved really fast and then it took him a bit to find it again. We'd heard it at 10 weeks and he had a much easier time catching it.
#11 of 12 Old 10-16-2015, 02:57 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by profe View Post
At my appointment today, my dr pretty much had to chase the thing with the doppler. He was in the right spot the first time (this one likes to hang out on my lower left side so far) and it moved really fast and then it took him a bit to find it again. We'd heard it at 10 weeks and he had a much easier time catching it.
I love that you had to "chase" him. That's great!!!
profe likes this.
#12 of 12 Old 10-30-2015, 04:39 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Like fish in there!

My placenta is fundal and posterior, so I have started feeling lots of movement - and it's only 16 weeks! I know it's not gas, because I'm quite familiar with that feeling (haha). I feel JR moving all around my uterus - sometimes on the right side, sometimes on the left. I can't get used to the feeling! It's so strange.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page