Prenatal vitamins - Mothering Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By LTurtle

#1 of 4 Old 10-06-2015, 01:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Prenatal vitamins

i'm being neglectful in taking my prenatal vitamins. I just took (ate) 2 but I think it's been over a week since the last time. I take them sporadically at best. At the beginning I took them every other day but as the mouth taste got worse, they became less and less appealing.
I never take vitamins normally. I feel like I eat healthy diverse foods. Am I alone? Do you take them daily?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 10-06-2015, 03:17 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
I have not managed to take them with any of my pregnancies until about half way through because of the morning sickness. But all of them have been planned so I was taking them up until the nausea started. My dr has not been concerned because he knows I normally eat a varied, high vegetable vegetarian diet so there has been no reason to think I'd be depleted. My iron was even high during my last pregnancy.

Just get on track when you can or as you can eat better try to get in a lot of vegetables and fruits.
#3 of 4 Old 10-06-2015, 09:32 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
I eat very healthy, mostly organic food, still I tend to run slightly anemic while pregnant. For this reason I take iron, but I take carbonyl iron as it's more easily absorbed. I also take vitamin D3, as I tend to be deficient in this because I live in Minnesota (less of the uvb sunrays here that convert to vitamin D). I also take folate to help prevent birth defects, and krill oil (omega 3's) to help with brain development. In the past prenatal vitamins have always made my nausea worse, but with this pregnancy I have had very minimal morning sickness. I think it's unnecessary to take prenatals unless your diet is really lacking in healthy food. You could also have your doctor check to see if you have any deficiencies...This is simply done by taking a blood sample...That way you will know exactly what you may be lacking in.

#4 of 4 Old 10-07-2015, 01:27 PM

Mentioned: 61 Post(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
I never take prenatal vitamins. If you eat a varied diet full of fresh fruits & veggies you don't really need them.
profe likes this.

Me
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
+ DH
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
= DD
(1/2004) & DS
(6/2013) & One on the way
(4/2016)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page