Any other April mamas planning a home birth? - Mothering Forums

#1 of 6 Old 10-17-2015, 05:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Any other April mamas planning a home birth?

Just wondering if there are any other mamas on here planning a home birth? I have my first prenatal appointment with my midwife on Wednesday (we had a 2.5 hour long interview with her at 6 weeks).

This will be my 3rd home birth, but my husband's first.

I'm excited and anxiously awaiting getting to feel baby kicks. We have opted not to use a Doppler, so we won't hear the heartbeat until about 20 weeks...

Guess I'm just wondering if there is anyone else in the same boat.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 10-30-2015, 04:44 PM

I'm pregnant with my first, due April 11ish, and I'm currently considering a Home Birth. I love the idea of a home birth, and have been reading a ton of literature about it (Ina May, Henci Goer etc.), but all the conflicting crap on the internet makes me nervous...

I'm a really private person, and the idea of being able to "let loose" in my comfortable environment, and be myself, is so appealing. Obviously you must have had (several) positive experiences, Alice, to be pursuing a third home birth!!
#3 of 6 Old 10-31-2015, 07:30 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I had my first two at home, but I'm too high risk (blood clotting disorder/blood thinners) to do it again. I have to say that as much as I don't look forward to having to fight for certain things in the hospital, I am not opposed to getting pain relief this time and will be glad that it's a reasonably timed option. I had a very long and difficult labor and birth with my second and would not want to repeat that.

Lisa, Navy wife, mom to three boys born 6/06, 3/09, and 4/16 and four in Heaven, 6/05, 5/08, 3/13, 4/15

#4 of 6 Old 10-31-2015, 09:01 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
I would love a home birth, as the chaos of the hospital just doesn't fit my personality...But since this will be a VBAC it's not an option for me
#5 of 6 Old 11-10-2015, 02:43 PM

I am having my first home birth! I am so happy that I chose this option. This will be my 3rd child. My first was a hospital birth with a regular OB. All turned out fine, but it was not the experience I'd hoped for and I had lots of pressure to induce, so I was not satisfied with that conventional experience. My second was in a small, mother/baby friendly hospital with a midwife, and that was much better. But this time, I'll be at home. We are in a small rural area and the nearest hospital is about a 40 minute drive in good weather, but I am comfortable with that situation and very happy with my midwife. She is the only one in our area that does home births and will travel from over an hour away to get to me. She comes to my house for our appointments. We've only had two so far. I only just learned about the dangers of dopplers. She used one the first two times, but I just purchased a fetoscope and I don't think we'll have much luck with it for a few weeks. I'm 17 weeks, 5 days. I already feel empowered. Hope everything goes as planned.
#6 of 6 Old 11-10-2015, 03:32 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I was really pushing for a home birth, but we are military and they don't cover home births in our situation. My husband is NOT ok with an unassisted birth, so hospital it is! We have a great doula and a solid birth plan, and the nurse staff are natural-friendly, so I hope it goes well! We are due mid April, I don't like to put an exact date on it lol. Today is my 18 week day, according to my last period start date. Good luck ladies!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page