• 2 Post By KindRedSpirit
  • 2 Post By azohri
  • 2 Post By lilyofjudah

#1 of 9 Old 11-28-2015, 05:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Constipation anyone?

Major TMI - so I won't share the details - but I have not had a good week/10 days and am trying to get myself back to regular.
I'm sure thanksgiving food didn't help.
I'm taking stool softener and just bought fiber pills....does anyone have any other tips???
I've also used suppositories to help but as a last resort.
applejuice likes this.

Baby 2 is due 4/4/16...a girl...
Jonah - born 7/21/11!  100% natural hospital birth.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 9 Old 11-28-2015, 07:36 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
How is your hydration? Seems to help on the days that I force myself to drink tons. Walking or doing yoga seems to help too.
applejuice likes this.
#3 of 9 Old 11-28-2015, 09:54 PM

Location: hunting the wild aebelskiever in the Islets of Langerhans
Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Quoted: 536 Post(s)
If you are taking pain relievers or antidepressants, keep in mind that they will give you the slows.

Psyllium seed is excellent. It can be taken in capsules or tablets. Psyllium seed is the main ingredient in Metamucil® and Serutan®. Drink it down with lots of water.

Magnesium is a natural muscle relaxant; the main ingredient in Epsom Salts® is magnesium sulfate which draws fluids from your tissues and directs it to your colon and moves everything on its way.

On a regular basis and maybe for dessert next year for Thanksgiving, have fruit compote - dried fruit like prunes soaked in warm water.

Vitamin C as sodium ascorbate helps and will help detox your liver.

Senna is the main ingredient in Laci Le Beau dieters' tea® and in Castoria®. Be careful as it is habit forming. It is a herb that contains a chemical that stimulates the peristaltic action of the colon.

Exercise works to stimulate everything.

Hope you feel well soon.

"Vaccines are like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get - acute hemorrhagic edema of infancy, allergies, anaphylaxis, asthma, autoimmune disease, diabetes, eczema, petit/gran mal seizures, fibromyalgia, Henoch-Schonlein purpua, Dravet's Syndrome, Retts Syndrome, Sweet's Syndrome, Hughes Syndrome, encephalitis, speech delay, tics, neurological damage, coma, ADEM, ADHD, AFP, ASIA, CFS, CRPS, GBS, ITP, JPA, JRA, LGS, LKS, MS, OMS, ORS, PANDAS, PANS, PINTANDS, POF, POTS, RA, SIDS, SJS, SLE, SPD, SUDS, TPI, the disease one is being vaccinated against, or death."

Paraphrased from "Forrest Gump".

List from the drug companies' own package inserts that come with their product as required by law.

#4 of 9 Old 11-29-2015, 12:37 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by applejuice View Post
If you are taking pain relievers or antidepressants, keep in mind that they will give you the slows.

Psyllium seed is excellent. It can be taken in capsules or tablets. Psyllium seed is the main ingredient in Metamucil® and Serutan®. Drink it down with lots of water.

Magnesium is a natural muscle relaxant; the main ingredient in Epsom Salts® is magnesium sulfate which draws fluids from your tissues and directs it to your colon and moves everything on its way.

On a regular basis and maybe for dessert next year for Thanksgiving, have fruit compote - dried fruit like prunes soaked in warm water.

Vitamin C as sodium ascorbate helps and will help detox your liver.

Senna is the main ingredient in Laci Le Beau dieters' tea® and in Castoria®. Be careful as it is habit forming. It is a herb that contains a chemical that stimulates the peristaltic action of the colon.

Exercise works to stimulate everything.

Hope you feel well soon.
magnesium is great. If you can take it. Check with provider first for ok.

a small enema may help too

like stated above...fruit..fiber..lots of drinking water....

hope you get better
#5 of 9 Old 11-29-2015, 11:57 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura575 View Post
Major TMI - so I won't share the details - but I have not had a good week/10 days and am trying to get myself back to regular.
I'm sure thanksgiving food didn't help.
I'm taking stool softener and just bought fiber pills....does anyone have any other tips???
I've also used suppositories to help but as a last resort.
Use Xylitol instead of sugar. I have Gestational Diabetes, so doing that anyways, the regularity is a bonus .
applejuice likes this.

Me + DH =
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
x 2 + DD 10 + DS 7 + DD 5 + 3 x

with #4 due 4/28

#6 of 9 Old 11-30-2015, 01:17 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Thanks for the comments. I think I need to move more. I wasn't having these issues when I was jogging a few days a week.
I should also buy prunes and eat less white flour. It's so hard. :-/
#7 of 9 Old 11-30-2015, 07:04 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
I struggle with this every pregnancy as well. (Great practice for labor relaxation and breathing, haha.) I have found the biggest difference from drinking as much water and red raspberry leaf tea (later on) as possible. an unthinkable amount. Also, trying really hard to not have soda. It's a killer. Best of luck.

:::
#8 of 9 Old 11-30-2015, 07:55 PM

Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Definitely magnesium. A small amount does the trick. I make sure to take a tsp in warm water a bit before bed every night!
#9 of 9 Old 12-03-2015, 09:01 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
DDC crashing from March (alas, my month seems to have rather little participation so I've started browsing Feb. /April...).

I had major issues in my first pregnancy at the beginning (when I couldn't eat... nothing moved...at all... It was horrid!) and again at the end. Magnesium citrate was helpful, I used Natural Calm powder and just increased the dose until it worked. Also a high-quality probiotic powder supplement. Magnalevures sachets are great too, they have both magnesium and B vitamins I think, but are pricy.

Second pregnancy I tried the magnesium and it didn't seem to help at any dose, not sure why not. So maybe it doesn't work every time - I would have sworn it would have before then. German style 'vollkornbrot' and raw veggies ended up breaking the pattern once I could stomach it.

This is my third pregnancy and I haven't had any issues at all. I think the secret has been natural probiotics from sauerkraut, kimchi, and other homemade ferments. Of course these also have lots of fiber, and I've made a real effort to eat some almost every day even when I didn't really feel like it (out of sheer terror of constipation aggravated hemorrhoids....) I wasn't nearly as sick this time which definitely helped me keep a better diet, so I have much sympathy for anyone whose food choices are severely restricted due to nausea.

I hope you're feeling better, Laura, and that something someone suggests works for you!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page