GBS test this week - Mothering Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By mamadee17

#1 of 3 Old 05-07-2016, 08:35 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
GBS test this week

I have my GBS test this week with my midwife. Is there anything you do to prepare your body in the weeks or days leading up to it? I step up the yogurt, probiotics, vitamin c, and this time around I'm using organic coconut oil vaginally at night (and as a great lube FYI). My first pregnancy I tested negative, so I'm praying this one will go the same way.

(No GBS horror stories please, I always see those in the comment section in blogs and they aren't helpful. Let's keep things positive and encouraging since we're all in the home stretch. )
applejuice likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 05-19-2016, 03:04 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
You most likely already had your test but wanted to mention that different providers will do the test differently. My OB used 1 swab and checked vaginally and rectally, so using bacteria killing agents vaginally wouldn't have made a difference because both areas were tested as one. It would be nice to have both tested seperately to know the status of both areas.

~Married to Hubby for 15 years~
Mama to 5
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

and #6 due in May!
#3 of 3 Old 05-19-2016, 03:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
My midwife has me use one swab for the test as well. For me, my prep isn't so much about killing off bacteria, but building up my immune system and adding in a lot of good bacteria. One, to help prevent GBS overgrowth, but also to have a healthy flora to pass onto my little one through the birth canal. The good news is the test came back negative!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page