Intros - Mothering Forums
 8Likes

#1 of 36 Old 11-24-2015, 02:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Intros

Hi everyone, guess I'll start!

I'm due with baby #2 . EDD of July 24th. I have a 10 month old boy so looking forward to finding out if he gets a little brother or sister!

Me 24 
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
 DH 28. First 
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
 6 May. Aiden Paul born 8 Jan 15
Second
21 Nov, EDD (It's a girl!) Aug 1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 36 Old 11-24-2015, 05:44 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Hi, I guess I will hop in here!
This will be number three for us; I have a five year old and a two and a half year old so far. EDD is the 27. Having trouble keeping the secret, so figured I would see what other Mamas are up to
#3 of 36 Old 11-24-2015, 07:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Your not the only one having trouble keep a secret! So far only Hubby and doctors know about this one. We are waiting until next weekend to tell family, since I will be flying in to see my family and will get to tell them in person this time! Everyone else will have to wait until 12 weeks

Me 24 
 DH 28. First 
 6 May. Aiden Paul born 8 Jan 15
Second
21 Nov, EDD (It's a girl!) Aug 1

#4 of 36 Old 11-25-2015, 07:39 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hinall! Im due with #4 July 14! My kids will be 12 10 and 5.
Havent told anyone yet and it is hard keeping it secret but I am waiting til my first sonogram next Thursday (8w). Am waiting on pins and needles ...I've had 2 missed miscarriages in the past so I am very nervous to say the least!

How are you all feeling?

Mama to DD (1/2004)  DS1 (5/2006) and DS2 (2/4/2011)

#5 of 36 Old 11-25-2015, 01:55 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Hi everyone!
I'm mama to three kids- 7 1/2, almost 5 and 2. This was a surprise pregnancy. I'm almost 6 weeks and have had two miscarriages and an ectopic pregnancy so just hope this one will be sticking around . I don't have my intake appointment until Dec 9 so won't see the midwife for another two weeks after that probably. A long time to wait!

Mama to Eleanore Rae, born April 6, 2008, Adelaide Jane, born December 16, 2010, Hudson James, born August 26, 2013
Cautiously expecting surprise #4 July 2016
#6 of 36 Old 11-26-2015, 06:52 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Hi there! I'm due July 6th with baby number 3. My other two are 12 and 6! We have told some parents and close friends, but not our kids. We had two miscarriages between our kids, so I'm nervous about this one sticking. It probably doesn't help that I'm a birth doula, and I have way too much education on pregnancy. LOL!

Mama to Gabe 8-03 and Cyan 5-09
#7 of 36 Old 12-02-2015, 07:29 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Hello! I'm due July 23 with baby #5 . My kids are 8,7,6 and 1. I had a miscarriage this July so I'm nervous about this one. I've already started progesterone since my labs came back low. I've already seen the midwife and am pretty confident about their practice. I tell people as the subject comes up. I'm not one for keeping secrets.
#8 of 36 Old 12-08-2015, 01:51 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Hello everyone!

I am currently 8 weeks pregnant with baby #3, (edd 7/14/2016.) I also have a 16 year old girl (August 1999), and an almost 2 year old boy (January 2014.) My daughter was a hospital waterbirth and my son was a home waterbirth. Hoping to have another home waterbirth this time around.

I m currently very nauseous, but doing well otherwise. First appointment with a new midwife group tomorrow, hoping we will all hit it off.

What else? We live in a big city, my teenager homeschools as of this school year, I work for a small non-profit part time from home, and my toddler son is a bit of a wild child. My partner is a grad student and works full time, so life is very busy. We consider ourselves very liberal, and social justice is very important in our lives and community. I definitely would describe myself as a feminist parent. Otherwise, just trying to make the most of our days and trying to embrace the cold weather and continue outdoor playing year-round...trying to keep the nausea at bay and my energy up so I can keep up with the family. We also have one dog.

Nice to meet everyone!

Last edited by Neaera; 12-08-2015 at 01:55 PM.
#9 of 36 Old 12-11-2015, 09:28 PM

Hi everyone! I am 9 weeks with my second who is due July 10th. I am also a mom to a 10 month old boy. My first pregnancy was horrible. Severe nausea and vomiting the entire time and this time looks to be no different. Hooray! Why do we do this to ourselves again? My labor with my son was asynclitic and ended in a cs due to oxygen deprivation. This pregnancy was not planned and I'm freaking out a little bit.

I'm new to the Midwest. My husband (together 11 years, married 4) and I moved to Indiana from New Jersey where I was born and raised, last December. I love that the cost of living is much cheaper here and has allowed me to stay home after my son was born. I hate everything else about it. I'm 29 have two cats and one dog.

Our first appointment is on the 17th. We are going to try to get a holiday card done including an ultrasound pic that we can use as our announcement to our families.
#10 of 36 Old 12-15-2015, 12:32 PM

Hello mamas!

My EDD is 7/23 and we have 2 boys who will be 9 and 5 when baby is born.

Feeling mostly good, just tired and sometimes nauseous.

I'm so excited for this one because I'm planning a home birth. I had my first in a hospital (all natural, but not what I wanted bc of hospital stuff), and second was a water birth at a birth center.

It took us a little while to get pregnant, but what seemed to really do the trick was acupuncture! Got pregnant the first cycle after I started going!

Looking forward to sharing this pregnancy with all of you!
#11 of 36 Old 12-17-2015, 05:50 PM

Mentioned: 180 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
I'm gonna hop in here. Baby #2 due July 12th. Planning for home birth but I haven't really been thinking that far ahead. It took us two years and two losses before we got our rainbow. So I'm focused on getting past first trimester. We heard baby heartbeat at 8 weeks and this week (10 weeks) with a Doppler at my midwife visit.

My son was born at home in the water. No one knew he was, but he came out sunny side up. He turned three this past September.

I was a wahm diaper maker while he took naps but that's impossible at the moment. I will be lucky if I have time to make for this one, planning to cloth diaper again, since I know so much more about it than I did last time.

I've definitely felt more nausea this time, and I have the added challenge of having hashimotos. Which has mostly just been hard with diet. I'm cheating often, actually, because I would rather eat what I do feel like eating than nothing! But we will see how my thyroid numbers look, hopefully they won't be too bad.

Glad to meet all of you!
#12 of 36 Old 12-17-2015, 06:00 PM

Hey everybody! Due July 26 (?) with #6 . Crazy to type that, wow. We're homeschooling in the Chicago suburbs. I'm 29 and a SAHM. Feeling kind of lousy this time around but nothing too severe--just low-level fatigue and nausea around the clock. My first was born in a hospital with a midwife and the others were born at home (one in water, the rest on land). Hoping for another home-land-birth again this time.

@Trixie Falsae & @thankful85 , nice to see other moms of many here.
@GardenStateofMind , sorry you're having a rough time. Feeling terrible with a baby around is the pits. Hang in there, mama.

My April '14 DDC was and still is amazing and lovely (we moved to Facebook) and I'm looking forward to sharing this journey with you all.

Erin, Catholic mama to four sweet boys: Ambrose (11/06), Peter (3/08), Joseph (9/10), and Victor (4/14), and a sweet girl, Charlotte (7/12).
#13 of 36 Old 12-17-2015, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ascher21 View Post
I'm gonna hop in here. Baby #2 due July 12th. Planning for home birth but I haven't really been thinking that far ahead. It took us two years and two losses before we got our rainbow. So I'm focused on getting past first trimester. We heard baby heartbeat at 8 weeks and this week (10 weeks) with a Doppler at my midwife visit.

My son was born at home in the water. No one knew he was, but he came out sunny side up. He turned three this past September.

I was a wahm diaper maker while he took naps but that's impossible at the moment. I will be lucky if I have time to make for this one, planning to cloth diaper again, since I know so much more about it than I did last time.

I've definitely felt more nausea this time, and I have the added challenge of having hashimotos. Which has mostly just been hard with diet. I'm cheating often, actually, because I would rather eat what I do feel like eating than nothing! But we will see how my thyroid numbers look, hopefully they won't be too bad.

Glad to meet all of you!
@ascher21 ~ so exciting to have heard a heartbeat!

Erin, Catholic mama to four sweet boys: Ambrose (11/06), Peter (3/08), Joseph (9/10), and Victor (4/14), and a sweet girl, Charlotte (7/12).
#14 of 36 Old 01-06-2016, 08:33 AM

Hello, everyone! So happy to be joining you! I am expecting my fourth child and couldn't be more thrilled. Due date is July 26th. I have had all homebirths so that is what I'm planning with this one. I have three other boys so I am hoping for a girl but my husband says that we'll probably just have another stinky boy.

Cynthia--Homeschooling mama of three boys. Baby #4 due July 2016!
#15 of 36 Old 01-06-2016, 10:01 AM

Hi!

I guess I'll hop on board now. Due about 7/24. This will be our 4th. We have A(11), N(10), and J(7). I'm hoping for my first homebirth.... a hbac after 3 c/s. Also, I'm not telling my family as I'm sure everyone would freak out. Now if only I can keep the inquisitive 11 yo from figuring out we are seeing a midwife.... lol
#16 of 36 Old 01-07-2016, 08:49 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
can i lurk here? my EDD is Aug 1st but i feel like I may have a July baby.

Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.... mama of 4 lovelies, an angel, and one on the way.

#17 of 36 Old 01-09-2016, 10:34 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'm due at the end of July so I guess I can straddle both groups.

This is my first and I have a lot to learn!

I just found out my birthing center has a water birth option. I'm interesting in learning more.
#18 of 36 Old 01-11-2016, 11:37 AM

Oh, hi, I just saw this!

I am due July 31st with my fourth baby. My oldest son is turning 12 on July 30th! So they will both be Leo Monkeys (Western astrology and Chinese astrology).

I have three kids from my first marriage, two boys ages 11 and 9, and a 6-year-old daughter.

DH is amazing and we got married in September.

We're all super excited. The kids are very excited.

I've had a hospital birth, hospital birth center birth, and a homebirth. This time I plan to give birth at a freestanding birth center. I will use HypnoBabies again and I highly recommend it.

We are planning to not find out the gender.

Looking forward to meeting everyone!
#19 of 36 Old 01-11-2016, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imsubrosa View Post
Hi!

I guess I'll hop on board now. Due about 7/24. This will be our 4th. We have A(11), N(10), and J(7). I'm hoping for my first homebirth.... a hbac after 3 c/s. Also, I'm not telling my family as I'm sure everyone would freak out. Now if only I can keep the inquisitive 11 yo from figuring out we are seeing a midwife.... lol
We are in nearly the same situation! There will be a 12-year age difference between my youngest and oldest and a 7-year age difference between my two youngest!
imsubrosa likes this.
#20 of 36 Old 01-12-2016, 04:32 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Hi All,

EDD July 8 with my second (first is 4), but I expect I'll go later than that. Hopefully not two weeks this time though. -_- Any other older moms here? I'll be 40 and it's interesting doing all the older mom stuff - knew the gender at 11 weeks and all that. Another baby girl for me - a tiny bit sad I'll never have a son (bc hell no I'm never getting pregnant again after this) but psyched to be able to reuse everything.

Another hospital birth for me, but I'm not fussed about it. First time I did everything I could to avoid the hospital, went in expecting to be there a few hours and done (hospital midwives so no choice there but waited till contractions were 2 mins apart). And then commenced the 52.5 hour labor... All my ideals went out the window. This time I'm still aiming for natural birth, but after 24 hours all bets are off.

Mama to Isabel, 10/14/11, and Baby Boo-boo, due 7/8/16. Devoutly opposed to Mommy Wars, except the one where we are all Warrior Moms fighting for our babes together.
#21 of 36 Old 01-12-2016, 05:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzybelly View Post
Hi All,

EDD July 8 with my second (first is 4), but I expect I'll go later than that. Hopefully not two weeks this time though. -_- Any other older moms here? I'll be 40 and it's interesting doing all the older mom stuff - knew the gender at 11 weeks and all that. Another baby girl for me - a tiny bit sad I'll never have a son (bc hell no I'm never getting pregnant again after this) but psyched to be able to reuse everything.

Another hospital birth for me, but I'm not fussed about it. First time I did everything I could to avoid the hospital, went in expecting to be there a few hours and done (hospital midwives so no choice there but waited till contractions were 2 mins apart). And then commenced the 52.5 hour labor... All my ideals went out the window. This time I'm still aiming for natural birth, but after 24 hours all bets are off.
I'll be 37 in a couple weeks.
Izzybelly likes this.
#22 of 36 Old 01-14-2016, 01:03 PM

Oops.

Last edited by Neaera; 01-14-2016 at 01:04 PM. Reason: double post
#23 of 36 Old 01-14-2016, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imsubrosa View Post
I'll be 37 in a couple weeks.
38 now, will be 39 when this baby comes! I was 22 with my first born, so it is funny to experience both ends of the spectrum.
#24 of 36 Old 01-14-2016, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neaera View Post
38 now, will be 39 when this baby comes! I was 22 with my first born, so it is funny to experience both ends of the spectrum.
That's cool, Neaera, I was 22 when we had our first too. It kinda feels strange to have one in middle school and one in diapers, but my Brother and Sister in law have one driving a car and one in diapers! At least the older kids can be of some help.
#25 of 36 Old 01-15-2016, 01:28 PM

My daughter will actually turn 17 just about a month after this one is due. She isn't driving yet, still trying to get in the required supervised permit driving hours, but will be doing so this summer. She is a great help, but also very busy. Picking her up from various evening social activities, dance and art classes has been tough when lately I want to go to bed at my toddler's bed time.
#26 of 36 Old 01-22-2016, 02:46 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Hi!

I am due July 10 but the estimate is a bit unsure so it might be slightly later in the month, we will see when I have my ultrasound.

I was at my first check up today and the midwife wants to send me to the hospital for evalution because of heredity (heart disease) and I just don't want to. It is bad enough going to the hospital but I was hoping to be able to at least enjoy a pregnancy where I feel healthy and not be checked up all the time. I am superscared that such an evaluation will either lead to me being guilted into a bunch of extra check up or that they do find something wrong with me and I can throw my hope for a more natural birth this time (induction the last time which was OK but now I dream of a natural start this time). I have hospital phobia and having to go there all the time is probably going to push me into my shoes and make me lose every little bit of confidence in being able to give birth that I had gained. I came there intending to be as happy as is humanly possible to be pregnant (I do not like it at all) and to be hopeful and happy and not get into fears but when she put that on me, I now feel lousy. I have refused the hospital so she is looking into having tests done at her clinic but I am not sure I even want to do that.
#27 of 36 Old 01-22-2016, 04:40 PM

Elliha, if it makes you feel any better, I've had testing up the wazoo too, because apparently I am just thaaaat old. I hope you have the testing done, BUT I hope you find a team that doesn't fuel your fears. I went with an OB instead of the midwives this time - felt totally conflicted about it but my hopes for natural birth and goddess pregnancy (ha) with the midwives last time ended in a long hospital labor from hell. I hate being pregnant too.

The reason I picked the OB, despite her being medical model, is because she doesn't make me feel old. She does all of the tests as if they are routine (I can decline anything I want) and my worries are met with meh, it's normal, you're fine. She is just completely unconcerned, and yet they are monitoring at a high level.

Having a doula didn't work for me (the fact that I wasn't able to have the crunchy mama perfect birth made me feel like a failure in her eyes) so this time I just surrounded myself with a team of people that make me feel good. My health issues are musculoskeletal, so I am in PT and I do pilates and get regular OMT. Pregnancy and relaxin hate me. The PT isn't the awesomest PT in the world, but I wish she was my sister. She's calm and wise and listens to me. The pilates teacher isn't my favorite human but she helps me stay strong and pain free. The DO for OMT makes sure that my pelvis is in alignment. And so far, pregnancy hasn't sucked. I'm healthier than last time because I know what to look for and I'm preempting everything. So despite being ambivalent about the baby at first, and totally afraid, I feel in control and healthy and energetic.

I use too many words but I guess my point is that if you find the right team, the extra testing doesn't have to be about fear, it can be powerful and empowering. Hugs to you! Heart stuff must be so scary.

Mama to Isabel, 10/14/11, and Baby Boo-boo, due 7/8/16. Devoutly opposed to Mommy Wars, except the one where we are all Warrior Moms fighting for our babes together.
#28 of 36 Old 01-23-2016, 09:02 AM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Izzybelly, thanks. In my country you always have a midwife for your basic care and a specialist only if you need to. At the hospital midwives deliver most babies and even if a doctor is called he/she is often hands off unless necessary and more focused on leading the midwives. So, I will have a midwife of some sort involved regardless of how I end up giving birth. I can switch to another clinic or midwife but I will stay on for a couple more visits to see if I feel more comfortable. I have not lost my confidence in her in other ways, I just feel differently than her about testing.

As I said, I feel this testing is completely unnecessary as I have given birth before and that time I told the midwife about the fact that there is diabetes, heart problems and strokes in the family and she was fine with the standard program. Sure I am 3,5 years older (33) now but still below the "standard" age of 35 where they do extra check ups and my general health is the same as the first time. I would be totally OK with testing if I had had any blood clots, high blood pressure, diabetes, heart problems of any kind but not when I am healthy. I will see what I will do, I will at least ask her for any possible scenario from the tests she wants to run, that will probably help me make a decision. If you probe deep enough it is unfortunately easy to find faults with the human body.

In your case where there is an actual condition in the background I understand doing more testing, I would probably not have any problems with that myself in your situation. I agree about doulas, it doesn't seem to be my thing. I am pretty crunchy but I am not against all medical things and I will give birth in a hospital (for many reasons among others that it is free and homebirth isn't in my country).
#29 of 36 Old 01-23-2016, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elliha View Post
Izzybelly, thanks. In my country you always have a midwife for your basic care and a specialist only if you need to. At the hospital midwives deliver most babies and even if a doctor is called he/she is often hands off unless necessary and more focused on leading the midwives. So, I will have a midwife of some sort involved regardless of how I end up giving birth. I can switch to another clinic or midwife but I will stay on for a couple more visits to see if I feel more comfortable. I have not lost my confidence in her in other ways, I just feel differently than her about testing.

As I said, I feel this testing is completely unnecessary as I have given birth before and that time I told the midwife about the fact that there is diabetes, heart problems and strokes in the family and she was fine with the standard program. Sure I am 3,5 years older (33) now but still below the "standard" age of 35 where they do extra check ups and my general health is the same as the first time. I would be totally OK with testing if I had had any blood clots, high blood pressure, diabetes, heart problems of any kind but not when I am healthy. I will see what I will do, I will at least ask her for any possible scenario from the tests she wants to run, that will probably help me make a decision. If you probe deep enough it is unfortunately easy to find faults with the human body.

In your case where there is an actual condition in the background I understand doing more testing, I would probably not have any problems with that myself in your situation. I agree about doulas, it doesn't seem to be my thing. I am pretty crunchy but I am not against all medical things and I will give birth in a hospital (for many reasons among others that it is free and homebirth isn't in my country).
The testing in my case is simply because I'll be 40. The skeletal stuff doesn't call for testing - it just sucks. I didn't realize that you had zero signs of any of the health problems - that does seem like overkill. What a pain.

I saw on your profile that you are from Sweden. That is pretty cool! (And cold right now, I imagine.) My grandparents were a Swede and a Norwegian. I have been to Norway a lot but never Sweden. I would love to go someday.

#30 of 36 Old 01-24-2016, 02:24 PM

I'm new here and would like to join. EDD is July 30th. It will be our second. Have a son who is almost 2 years old before.

Feeling tired and a bit nauseous most of the time. Can't wait for second trimester relief!
imsubrosa likes this.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page